You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hand#1 Big stack vs 2 short shoves. Do I call? DYM

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Normally once 2 people are all in in a DYM I leave them to it. But I had 2 spots like this tonight where there are 5 players left so we are not on the bubble, and I feel I am in a v.good spot to knock both out, but is it too much of a risk to my own chances of cashing if I lose?

Well this 1 is pretty much as you see it. Both Villains are short stacks and have a wide range. I have 4k and it's another 1400 for me to KO 2 players and cash....
AcesSuited Small blind  100.00 100.00 2145.00
FlashFlush Big blind  200.00 300.00 3955.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

wason06 All-in  1660.00 1960.00 0.00
alandutch Fold     
DarrenG All-in  655.00 2615.00 0.00
AcesSuited Fold     
FlashFlush

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I don't play dyms ever but it seems more of a fold than a call
  • edited January 2013
    Simple fold.
    Absolutely no need to get involved.
    You're cruising into the money
  • edited January 2013
    Hi flash
    tricky and, must admit, i don't think 'cruising into money' is quite as straightforward. I can see your quandry and i think i'd be a bit tempted to call but err on the side of caution as if micro stack wins then you've two opps with less than 7 BB stacks to play against and others can find hands to fight them as well. You are nicely second so have more time. Interesting situation though and not so clear cut imo.
  • edited January 2013
    why don't you try ranging them up and look at your equity?
  • edited January 2013
    Same as the other hand, I did end up calling as I felt I was going to be in good shape, as long as I beat the bigger stack then even if I lose to the shortie I'm still in a good spot.

They had 55 and 33 and I didn't hit so again lost to both. I did however come back into it and end up cashing, so not the end of the world.
  • edited January 2013
    DYM???? short of AA in that position I'm folding...let them battle it out.
  • edited January 2013
    fold even versus 99 you should fold
    Think you need specific reads the oppo does this with worse Ax or MAD KJs

Only think you wanna see is a worse A

just fold, it dents you too much if you lose

Just because you have a chip stack it's not your job to take people out, infact you use your stack to survive and let the shorties go at it with each other - it's a DYM right - survive )
    Btm of you range is probs QQ