You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

More rebuy mtts please

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat

These are massive on stars. I cant believe sky hasnt cottoned onto the popularity of these, apart from the Friday ME, the next biggest one is a £300 gtee that kicks off at 5pm.

Do other players want to see more of these? If so would sky run a trial £500 gtee with a £5 buyin, std rebuy and addon rules. But start it at 7pm so the workers can get a look in !

For me rebuys are more fun that BH's where you need to play a ton to overcome donk variance.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    agreed. smaller rebuys > bigger rebuys, esp on sky.. so more £2 and £3r mtts would go down nicely imo
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: More rebuy mtts please:
    agreed. smaller rebuys /> bigger rebuys, esp on sky.. so more £2 and £3r mtts would go down nicely imo
    Posted by percival09
    If you had stakes of £3 and £5 you'd easily smash £500. The UKOPS mini last week was a massive example of how popular these could be on sky.
  • edited January 2013
    Totally agree. The UKOPS 3 Micro was a great success although I think a slightly slower blind structure would be needed as it became a right shove fest way too soon.
  • edited January 2013
    The key with rebuys being a success is field size. If there isn't enough players then the prizes mean that it isn't worth rebuying as you get into a situation where you need to finish extremely high to cover buy ins. I think this has probably been the problem for sky but as numbers continue to increase I am sure they will become more popular.

As mentioned earlier I agree if they are around the £2-£3 that they would be popular and would generate large enough fields.
  • edited January 2013
    Hey everyone,

In response to your post, as well as in conjunction with the success of the UKOPS Micro events, we have added a brand new small stakes re-buy tournament to the schedule.

The details are as follows:

£500 Guaranteed Micro Re-buy tournament
    6:30pm every single night
    £2.20 buy-in
    Unlimited re-buys for 35 minutes
    One 4,000 chip add-on after 35 minutes

Let us know your feedback and good luck :)

Thanks a lot,

Joe
  • edited January 2013
    Good to see the 6:30pm mtt is now attracting 100 plus runners. In recognition that not everyone wants to play bh's all the time can sky offer an evening schedule of mtt rebuys throughout the evening. Starting with stakes from £2.20 through to £5 and offering £4-£700 gtees. I quite fancy 4-6 tabling through an evening as an alternative to cash and stts. Starting one every half hour or so from 6:30pm would be ideal for me, what do others think?

The site has now hit saturation point and hasnt grown much over the last year, look at pokerstars these tournies have hundreds of runners suggesting that the poker community outside of sky prefer these. 
  • edited January 2013
    I like the idea of £1.10 rebuys 3 min blinds with a add on after 30 mins of 4k chips any 1 agree

i loveeeeeeeee 3 -5 min blinds
  • edited January 2013
    Agree with IDCU ... More low-stake re-buys with "turbo" blinds. Or you could do the first hour or so with 5 mins and then extend to 10 mins to get more/better play in the later stages.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: More rebuy mtts please:
    I like the idea of £1.10 rebuys 3 min blinds with a add on after 30 mins of 4k chips any 1 agree i loveeeeeeeee 3 -5 min blinds
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

3 min blinds is too fast, you want some element of skill. 5 mins is fine. Its good to bink over £100 in less than 3 hours, that doesnt happen enough on sky.