You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash tables

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Blimey!!

just had my first experience on a cash table and blimey!!! what an experience it was too!! Usually do DYM at very low limits an after speaking with Tikay today thought i would give it a go!! started off with a £5 and within 8 or 9 hands i am up to £8.57 in the space of 10 mins!!

won £3+ in one hand a Q9 in the hole just called, flop comes Q 9 7. Checked it and was raised so called it and the turn come no use to man or beast the other player puts in small amount so i just call it again, river comes down again another useless card and the other player pushes all in £3.11 i think i think about it and look at the board can't see anything worth betting that much on so i call it and win. Now some people are probably gonna have a pop about that, but i had been watching the table and felt the player was calling a bit too much, which is why i called. But what a rush!! my heart was beating bigtime!! never get that until a final table in a tourney!

Totally different animal to tourney poker, think i will give these a bit more of a chance from now on an see if it improves my overall game!!!!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    what level was this mafia?
  • edited November 2009
    Good on ya mate. Keep it up
  • edited November 2009
    nice one keep it up
  • edited November 2009
    Nice one Wayne. Think you'll find on the micro tables there are a lot of donks that'll play any two. All you gotta do is play when you get hands and you'll be paid off 90% of the time. I've found it very profitable.
  • edited November 2009
    WEll done mate. I just got my free £15 from Sky via a voucher and turned that to £20 on a 10p table, cruised it. Now my little ickle £20 roll is £105.... lets keep on grinding! 
  • edited November 2009

Well done for giving cash a go fella. You'll soon be fully converted ;) lol

Not having a go, as ur new to cash, and i wouldn't anyway, but I noticed in your post you used the word CALL 5 or 6 times, but didnt use the word RAISE once.

Same basics still apply in cash.

GL, keep it going, n ill cya at the tables soon, DOHH

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Cash tables:
    what level was this mafia?
    Posted by dav1964
    it was only on the 4p 8p tables. Will stay at that level for a while as well till i get used to it ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Nice one Wayne. Think you'll find on the micro tables there are a lot of donks that'll play any two. All you gotta do is play when you get hands and you'll be paid off 90% of the time. I've found it very profitable.
    Posted by labrat64

the person was playing 8 j o/s so they did not even have a pair, it was just pure instinct on my part, just had this feeling they had nowt! won't be like that all the time, but a nice intro to cash games. Gotta say the buzz was top banana!!
  • edited November 2009
    Well done for giving cash a go fella. You'll soon be fully converted ;) lol Not having a go, as ur new to cash, and i wouldn't anyway, but I noticed in your post you used the word CALL 5 or 6 times, but didnt use the word RAISE once. Same basics still apply in cash. GL, keep it going, n ill cya at the tables soon, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

i kept calling doh, as i was sure i was going to win the hand and i wanted to keep my customer. I have a feeling had i raised on the flop or river i would of lost em. When they went all in on the river just looking at the board i was pretty sure they were trying a steal. 

i thought that was what it was all about, let them make the running if you think you got your opponent beat? or is that wrong? an i have misunderstood it ;)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Cash tables : i kept calling doh, as i was sure i was going to win the hand and i wanted to keep my customer. I have a feeling had i raised on the flop or river i would of lost em. When they went all in on the river just looking at the board i was pretty sure they were trying a steal.  i thought that was what it was all about, let them make the running if you think you got your opponent beat? or is that wrong? an i have misunderstood it ;)
    Posted by margatemaf
    In this particular hand it worked well. Just genral cash advice. If he'd hit his gutshot on the end it wud have made u feel sik. no?

Trust me it will happen, and it hurts as it costs u a buy in, not just ur tourny entery fee.

Just genral cash advice pal, GL
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Cash tables : i kept calling doh, as i was sure i was going to win the hand and i wanted to keep my customer. I have a feeling had i raised on the flop or river i would of lost em. When they went all in on the river just looking at the board i was pretty sure they were trying a steal.  i thought that was what it was all about, let them make the running if you think you got your opponent beat? or is that wrong? an i have misunderstood it ;)
    Posted by margatemaf
    Think you played it good mate,made the max cash out of them,but like some say its very dangerous to do this when you move up levels.Keep it up mate im really made up for ya and so glad youre playing again.All the best.dav
  • edited November 2009
    Cheers dave! your defo my best buddy by a long shot on here! an dohhhh thanks for the advice i will bear it in mind mate, but don't forget still new to poker in genral an i am sure i will get caught like that but, good all round advice an will defo be thinking along those lines next time ;)

i am sure it will happen an your come back an refer me back to this post lol ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Wayne

Good to hear you had a nice spell on the cash tables, and unlucky in the posters freeroll the other night.  Are you still going for a place on the team for the apat tourney in manchester? I know there were some issues after the technical difficulties on thursday, but I'm rooting for you and hope you get a spot mate...
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Wayne Good to hear you had a nice spell on the cash tables, and unlucky in the posters freeroll the other night.  Are you still going for a place on the team for the apat tourney in manchester? I know there were some issues after the technical difficulties on thursday, but I'm rooting for you and hope you get a spot mate...
    Posted by Buistyboy

After the debacle the other night, no mate. i slept on it and made the decision buddy! The whole idea of team went right out the window. The fact people were chuffed off about what went on is understandable and pointed that out in the thread. The arguing an stuff that went on afterwards did not bode well for a team effort. Part of the reason i backed out was due to the fact if i did make it, i didn't want people sniping at me that it was not a fair process, the other was that even when the captain came out an made his decision on moving forward the arguing still carried on, which just confirmed i had made the right choice.

If the captain makes the choice mate that really should be the end of it for me, he's the captain an you should respect the captains decision! i think flash is the right person to captain an whatever team goes i am sure he an the team will do well!! an i wish them the best buddy!

Anyways back to the point, yeah the cash table was superb a really good experience an i will be playing a bit more on them too!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Hi wayne

needless to say i respect your decision, although i would have loved to see you make the team. i read the thread on it, and posted, but if you feel its not for you based on recent events, thats fair enough.

Like you say, back to the cash tables.  What made you have a go at them, if as it seems, you generally stick to dym's and mtt's?  I have played a little bit of cash on other sites, but never on here.  I always hear about how its a totally different animal, and i cant quite get my head around that idea. 
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Cash tables : After the debacle the other night, no mate. i slept on it and made the decision buddy! The whole idea of team went right out the window. The fact people were chuffed off about what went on is understandable and pointed that out in the thread. The arguing an stuff that went on afterwards did not bode well for a team effort. Part of the reason i backed out was due to the fact if i did make it, i didn't want people sniping at me that it was not a fair process, the other was that even when the captain came out an made his decision on moving forward the arguing still carried on, which just confirmed i had made the right choice. If the captain makes the choice mate that really should be the end of it for me, he's the captain an you should respect the captains decision! i think flash is the right person to captain an whatever team goes i am sure he an the team will do well!! an i wish them the best buddy! Anyways back to the point, yeah the cash table was superb a really good experience an i will be playing a bit more on them too!!!
    Posted by margatemaf
    Still think you should reconsider mate, we are a team and we are unified, it just took a little time!! As Tikay said in a thread it will only make us stronger, we are railing each other in tournies and generally becoming a team, we weren't a team before but I believe we are now.  I can sort you a bed in Manchester for no fee lol to help minimise your costs so why not think about it before Thursday and lets see you in that freeroll.

Please please pretty please play !!

Dave
  • edited November 2009
    hi people

just played on here for the first time this weekend. Just wondered if there are every any Limit games going on?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Cash tables:
    hi people just played on here for the first time this weekend. Just wondered if there are every any Limit games going on?
    Posted by lankycs
    I can only recall seeing one limit game being played on this site.
    It might be an idea to start a separate thread to try and get some interest.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Cash tables:
    hi people just played on here for the first time this weekend. Just wondered if there are every any Limit games going on?
    Posted by lankycs
    Hi

I belive there are limit games listed in the lobby, but cant tell you when they are, but dont think there are any cash games
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Cash tables : Hi I belive there are limit games listed in the lobby, but cant tell you when they are, but dont think there are any cash games
    Posted by acebarry10
    There are (fixed) limit cash games, Barry.
    Generally, no-one plays them.
    I've never seen a limit tournament listed apart from special promotions.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi wayne needless to say i respect your decision, although i would have loved to see you make the team. i read the thread on it, and posted, but if you feel its not for you based on recent events, thats fair enough. Like you say, back to the cash tables.  What made you have a go at them, if as it seems, you generally stick to dym's and mtt's?  I have played a little bit of cash on other sites, but never on here.  I always hear about how its a totally different animal, and i cant quite get my head around that idea. 
    Posted by Buistyboy

I posted up on Ask Tikay about when to play cash tables and he said sooner rather than later. So i thought stuff it! i'll have a go an see what's what. Only played low limit 4p 8p blinds an went in with £5.70 and within 7 or 8 hands had doubled up. Went on again a bit later an lost around £1.50. 

But boy what a different game an different buzz!!! tourney's are my cup of tea, but gotta say i did get a nice feeling off of the cash games. Totally different game altogether, i think it may actually help my tourney games you know, so it can only be a good thing!! Will definately keep to the very low limits for quite a while though, can see how easy it is to lose a fortune. My heart was racing when called an all in for just over £3 ..... So god only knows what the players that play for the big amounts are like lol they have my RESPECT thats for sure!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Cash tables : There are (fixed) limit cash games, Barry. Generally, no-one plays them. I've never seen a limit tournament listed apart from special promotions.
    Posted by MereNovice
    thats cool. i had seen them on the lobby but i hadnt yet seen anyone sit down
  • edited December 2009
    nice on margatemaf just dont get to over confident on the cash tables do have a tendancey to kick u in the n  u  t s