You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Mini deepstack last nite is this a shove or fold?

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I posted this hand on the clinic for tonight what woud u do ryan1976Small blind 100.00100.0015577.50MADJOSHBig blind 200.00300.009708.75 Your hole cards1010   ward11Call 200.00500.004315.00IDONKCALLURaise 800.001300.004525.00harpooprahFold    DENZIBOYRaise 1400.002700.004107.50

Comments

• edited January 2013
    what does he reraise to this size and fold ie how often?

what does he reraise for value? 

why can't you call?

• edited January 2013
    call ?  u seen the stacks ? im not deep enuff to call n set mine imo
  • edited January 2013
    surely u going to get 1 overcard to my 10 maybe 2 so i coud get outplayed with the worst hand meaning check fold so i ruled out a call preflop for me its a all in or fold i hate the click bk min raise tho fml :/
  • edited January 2013
    simple here... flat call and see a flop... you're 800 chips in already and 600 to call, why give him the gift? Whats his range? gonna guess he's on AK,AA or KK..but he could be shoving with 33 in what looks like the latter stages or nearing the bubble of a tournie.

having said that, there is no info on the player, whether he was tight, loose or just plain aggressive. Or he may have seen to many of your bluffs on TV and decided to shove at you and simply steal....lol
  • edited January 2013
    This is nowhere near the bubble we start of with 4 k chips this is like the 5th level only a 1/3 have gone out at this point
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Mini deepstack last nite is this a shove or fold?:
    simple here... flat call and see a flop... you're 800 chips in already and 600 to call, why give him the gift? Whats his range? gonna guess he's on AK,AA or KK
    Posted by larry1959
    We are oop so peeling here oop out of a 20 bb stack would be really bad.  Whats your plan for the flop if you already put him on AA or KK to set mine out of a 20 bb stack?  We are no where near deep enough to set mine and we are oop against someone who is going to barrell 100% of flops.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Mini deepstack last nite is this a shove or fold?:
    call ?  u seen the stacks ? im not deep enuff to call n set mine imo
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

i've seen the stacks yes.

have you seen the pot odds you are getting?

if his range is wide enough to not set mine we can go all in, if he's narrow we can call and play poker. if he's just AA and folds all Txx we can fold pre. simples.

assuming he will cbet or assuming we're going to be outplayed when we are so short is going to hamper your play.
  • edited January 2013
    I shove in this spot most of the time unless i know from experience that the villan is a complete nit.  On this site a lot of the time this will be the case lol.
  • edited January 2013
    they show the hand soon so u will see :p