You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Happy hours!?

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Yea just a quick question and a thought.

1-2pm

6-7pm

11-12am

These are tha happy hours in place and somethimes theres a bonus one for a longer period.

I no im not alone in this but i play at stupid o clock in the morning basically same time the bats are out eg.

Ino the traffic is not very good early hours in the morning but i think it would be good if sky would introduce a 4th happy hour maybe from 3-4am?.

Reason i say this theres alot of ppl who work 10 hours days and cant make the first 2 happy hours or even so cant play through the day and i think this puts a downer on things.

So yea id like to see sky introduce another happy hour and maybe that would boost the traffic for that time period which is usually between 2-7am

Inputs be good thankyou

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Wont affect me as i sleep how a normal human does. But dont mind seeing more happy hours!
  • edited January 2013

it wouldnt work imo, people who work 10 hours a day aint gonna hang around to play a happy hour at 3am when theres every chance they need sleep before they go to work the nxt day. so i believe sticking a happy hour on then would serve no purpose in inviting players to play.

• ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Happy hours!?:
    it wouldnt work imo, people who work 10 hours a day aint gonna hang around to play a happy hour at 3am when theres every chance they need sleep before they go to work the nxt day. so i believe sticking a happy hour on then would serve no purpose in inviting players to play.
    Posted by TINTIN

but it would give those players who do keep it going at that time i little thank you and chance to get a few extra points 

hope they do put 1 in for you all 
  • edited January 2013
    Nevermind an extra happy hour, just change the stupid thing from 6pts per pound for cash players to 10pts for every pound raked, never seen such biased nonsense
  • edited January 2013
    Nevermind an extra happy hour, just change the stupid thing from 6pts per pound for cash players to 10pts for every pound raked, never seen such biased nonsense
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    Iv never played on other poker sites long enough to notice the c4p. but is this one at sky really bad? seems like peopl hate it, are we that far behind? dint realise :(
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    i favour this more than having happy hours.
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    + infinity 

WHY! OH! WHY! do players of STT and MTT get more points for their rake?

hmmmmm -_-
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Happy hours!? : i favour this more than having happy hours.
    Posted by TINTIN
    Its not fair the happy hours are only for cash.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Happy hours!? : Its not fair the happy hours are only for cash.
    Posted by awesomeee
    i'll leave you with this thought and see if you think that way.

for every £ paid in rake/fees in stt/mtt you get 10 points.
    for every £ raked on cash tables you get 6 points, during happy hour that rises to 9.

so even during happy hour a cash players £ in rake is still worth less than a stt/mtt player rake/fee
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Happy hours!? : + infinity  WHY! OH! WHY! do players of STT and MTT get more points for their rake? hmmmmm -_-
    Posted by sighcall
    +1 It's just not fair!
  • edited January 2013
    Oh fair enough then, didn't know that!
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by TINTIN
    lol huge flaw w/ op
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Happy hours!? : lol huge flaw w/ op
    Posted by percival09
    i see it as "this is when i play, can you cater for me" kinda comment without thinking about the proper reasons why traffic is low at that time of day
  • edited January 2013
    Thx for the replies guys.

Yea the 6points per £1 rake is a bit strange but to be fair im not complaining i earn points much easier now than i ever did.

Maybe the reason for having it lower thant stt/mtt eg is due to cash having happy hours and early bird promos when the stt/mtt doesnt have this.

Your right tin tin i kinda put my post out a bit wrong to be fair what i ment is those who cant play through the day like me i like to play at night as i find the games easier and i think there should be some form of promo for thos who do play early hours in the morning as there is usually only a small few tables to each level mostly never filled which makes earning points much harder.

Thankyou