You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Donk lead flop, turn and river

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic

Playing against a random in this hand.  What would be your thought process and what range of hands can we give the villan in this spot?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancetaxi786786Sit out    LUCKYSAMMISmall blind £0.25£0.25£37.23..........Big blind £0.50£0.75£45.21 Your hole cardsKA   bearlytherRaise £1.50£2.25£90.90Curt360x27Fold    thebil123Fold    LUCKYSAMMIFold    .............Call £1.00£3.25£44.21Flop  626   .............Bet £3.25£6.50£40.96bearlytherCall £3.25£9.75£87.65Turn  Q   ..............Bet £4.88£14.63£36.08bearlytherCall £4.88£19.51£82.77River  10   .............Bet £9.76£29.27£26.32

Comments

• edited January 2013
    prob a low PP?
  • edited January 2013

The villian in this case could be on anything from a small pocket pair to a flush/straight draw (3,4 suited diamonds). He's leading out with the betting on the flop with a pot sized bet, suggesting he's either got the better hand or he's betting on the draw. Your flat calling down the streets has given you no information as to the kind of hand he's on. I would have raised his pot bet on the flop, not only because of being the original aggressor and to show strength, but to get some info. If he raises over the top then fold.. if he flats,you've now got pot control. then if he checks the turn, you could put him on the draw, if he chacks down the river a value bet could steal the pot..or you could check the river too for the flip.

• edited January 2013
    isn't repping much other than missed draws or Qd/10d hands. he's slowing down with all his small pp's imo. i think we have to call as played

why would we ever raise? if he calls our raise it gives us no info, it just tells us what we already know that he's either got a hand or he's on a draw lol and so we're just inflating the pot needlessly

I think if we're going to fold we should just fold otf to the pot size bet readless
  • edited January 2013
    No point raising the flop Larry im either ahead or not i dont like the idea of raising for information.  By raising im leaving myself open to potentially get owned if he comes back over the top.  If i had aces in this spot i would flat therefore i dont think it makes sence to raise the flop with ak.  
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Donk lead flop, turn and river:
    No point raising the flop Larry im either ahead or not i dont like the idea of raising for information.  By raising im leaving myself open to potentially get owned if he comes back over the top.  If i had aces in this spot i would flat therefore i dont think it makes sence to raise the flop with ak.  
    Posted by bearlyther
    The simplest answer here really is to fold the flop or turn, he's betting out and you've got A high. You're not in good shape with that board, but you've called the turn (another pot sized bet), so how was a small raise (using your slider) on the flop not the cheaper option? you could have folded on a re-raise or the turn if he was still betting out..
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by bearlyther
    correction to last post he was betting 1/2 pot bets, which shows weakness but could be the nuts... so a small raise on the flop would either get him to fold or you fold to his reraise..and definately fold the turn if he's still betting out..
  • edited January 2013
    The reason i dont like raising is because i have potential showdown value with my hand and what are we hoping to achieve by raising? By calling on the flop i keep in all the hands which im potentially ahead of in.  What do we do if he comes back over the top of us on the flop now we have to fold potentially the best hand.  If he calls were inflating the pot and now what is our plan for the turn?
  • edited January 2013
    He had a9.  Why does the hand the hand history keep coming out like this from time to time?  Ive tried using 3 different internet browsers here and also taking it from the download client also ive tried copying it from the bottom and the top and it comes out like this even tho copying it the 1st time worked?  Can a mod please delete these.
    Posted by bearlyther
    why dont you just use the delete post option lol
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Donk lead flop, turn and river : why dont you just use the delete post option lol
    Posted by seppe
    Ah good point lol
  • edited January 2013
    I SNAPPED him off and SMASHED the call button in about half a second!  He had a9.
  • edited January 2013
    im prob 'eye roll' calling the flop, when villain bets the Q its a bit weird, it sorta puts him on a flush draw, bluffs, or a strongly played 6 or hit the Q, i doubt small pockets or a deuce continue on the turn, river is probably a fold but i dunno, villain dependant, but ak is an ok bluff catcher on this run out, looking at it--unless he donks monsters often he could only have a Q here as a made hand.

p.s dont post villain hand so quickly it sorta ends the thread discussion imo.