You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

River decision - C/C, B/F or C/F?

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
A hand from tonights £500 BH (£2.30 buy in fwiw).

No major reads on the villain here other than he's played a fair few hands up to this point, often just limping or l/c pre flop. Very few of his hands have gone to showdown but the one hand I had seen up to this point was when he limped in the cut off with K6o & checked all streets after hitting no part of the board so he seems quite passive.

K5 is not a hand I'd choose to play but I get a free look in the BB & I'm ready to c/f the flop. Once I pick up the flush draw on the turn I'm a little more interested but decide to play it passively partly because I'm OOP & partly because I've been seen to bet into draws on this table a couple of times already so wanted to mix it up a little.

The river brings the flush in for me but also a 3rd queen so not the best situation to be in with the flush. My question here is what's the best line to take? By betting I might get called by someone thinking I'm trying to steal & if I check then I might lose a little value.

As you can see I decided to bet but given what I've previously seen from the villain, this is always an instafold here, right? I wasn't actually worried about him having the last queen (although it's obviously a possibility) but given what i've seen he could quite easily have a random 8 or 10 in his hand.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
abt13 Small blind  30.00 30.00 2250.00
silentbob Big blind  60.00 90.00 3030.00
 Your hole cards
  • K

djp87 Fold     
XX Call  60.00 150.00 1865.00
scotia480 Fold     
pecosbck Fold     
abt13 Call  30.00 180.00 2220.00
silentbob Check     
Flop