You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this just too tight?

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
For reference:

the initial raiser isn't raising much, but limped into a reasonable amount of pots / called raises.

the 3-better had dropped a crazy amount of 3-bets in the past 40 mins or so, often from out of the blinds as well as when in position. had c-bet pretty much every flop as far as I'd seen and re-raised several on the times he'd called a pre-flop bet in position and faced a c-bet.

I figure I bottled the chance to 4-bet here, but feared I'd get at least 1, if not 2 calls and wasn't sure this would be a positive position to be at risk of getting it in pre / committing so much that I was obliged to get it in on a large number of flops.  Similarly, 3-bet would potentially stack the button if I flopped flush or even top pair, but most of the time I'm going to have to check fold for a 1/7th of my stack.

That said, is it still just too tight to be putting these sort of hands down? I'm increasingly aware that I may have gotten too nitty at cash, especially after playing so many DYMs :/ In fact I'm not sure I'd put any more money in the pot here without Kings or Aces?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
3-better Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £26.16
shakinaces Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.80
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

limper Call   £0.10 £0.25 £3.65
rare-raiser
Raise   £0.40 £0.65 £7.60
x1 Fold        
x2 Fold        
2-better Raise   £1.25 £1.90 £24.91