You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LIVE TONIGHT 7PM on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Id love Redmond to analyse my play tomorrow night in the primo.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Happy New Year y'all! 

Hope '13 is proving to be lucky for you so far!

I'm geared up for my first show of the year and joining me, in a change to the scheduled analyst (Mr. Spittles is unwell apparently. I blame Fowler) is one of the most feared names in the game: Redmond Lee.

Here's what we'll have for you:

7pm- Live coverage from the MasterCash tables and a look at the big games upcoming that night.

8pm - Analyse My Play- we'll follow volunteers live in The £10,000 Primo. Email your details if you want us to follow you. skyopen@bskyb.com

9pm-– More live MasterCash coverage- this time rapid-fire as we blitz every TV table we can. make sure you're on a Mastercash table in this hour for some airtime.

10pm- Live coverage from the prestigious 9pm £110 buy-in £5,000 GTD Bounty Hunter

11pm- Late-night live coverage of the latter stages of the Sunday Night Big Game: the 10K Primo 

All that, plus your input- whether it's on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com, or via Twitter #skypokertv

I have 4 seats into Tuesday's 8.15pm mini event to give away and they'll go to good hand requests (send in those Primo and Mastercash hand ids into us) and also the best answers to this:

Your predictions for 2013!

You can go in sorts of directions with this...

E.g.- What's going to happen in the world of poker? What will you achieve on Sky Poker.com? 

What will happen to you in 2013?

Or- what will happen in the wider world? In the world of sport? Technology? Current affairs? Celebrities? etc, etc.

Jot down your predictions: as many or as few as you like and I'll read them out throughout the show. The best ones will get freerolled in Tuesday's mini MTT.

Good luck and see you all on Sunday at 7pm- Channel 861 or streamed on this very site!
  • edited January 2013
    My predictions are:

Julian Thew finally makes it past day 1 of the WSOP Main Event and final tables!
    The winner of Viva Las Vegas in March finishes 16th in the Main Event
    The Sky Jackpot reaches £10k and is taken down by a forum regular
    Orford feigns illness to watch WBA play an FA Cup quarter final replay
  • edited January 2013
    Why are you asking these questions, the world ended on 21/12/2012.

Or if it did'nt... Prediction............Man City need to win and are getting beat on the final day of the season. And Balotelli will put a firework under Mancini's seat on the bench, just for a laugh.
  • edited January 2013

The Tories bring out a bill saying ....For everyone that comes off job seekers, they will deposit £50
     in Sky poker. Labour object and say it's the most uncompassionate bill they have ever heard of
     It should be at least £200.
  • edited January 2013
    Any idea when the schedule for 2013 SPT's will be announced???
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***:
    Any idea when the schedule for 2013 SPT's will be announced???
    Posted by Yorkie74
    I'll ask, Sian!

Show's tonight folks- keep the predictions coming and let us know if you want us to dedicate 8-9pm to watching YOUR play in The Primo!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***:
    My predictions are: Julian Thew finally makes it past day 1 of the WSOP Main Event and final tables! The winner of Viva Las Vegas in March finishes 16th in the Main Event The Sky Jackpot reaches £10k and is taken down by a forum regular Orford feigns illness to watch WBA play an FA Cup quarter final replay
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    You'd have to be ill to go watch WBA play
  • edited January 2013
    My predicitions this year will be
    Tikay will go deeper in vegas in wsop
    Richard might win another event to add to his Leeds win.(only if it snows and the field is very small)
    One of our anaylsis will run very deep in the main event
    A very cold February
    A long hot summer
  • edited January 2013

Sky Poker - Team Diamond will win the DTD constantly ;)
    Real World Poker - I will final table at the Stratford SPT
    Real world general - Taxs will increase as usual.

• edited January 2013
    Evening guys,

Richard to get past level 1 of an SPT imo ;)

Can you please show this hand from that new £11 Turbo MTT Sky did recently on 30th December. Probably a good hand to conceal the opponents hands cos the donk bet through me off a bit so be interested to hear the range Remond puts him on.

What does Redmond think of his donk lead? I did think about just calling the turn but figured he looked like he was already committed with all his worse Kx hands and draws anyway.

This is a turbo tourney, as said, and I don't think I can ever fold this spot 50xBB deep, it's just more of a question of how it goes in.

Hand History #603873441

• edited January 2013

Have a great show Guys 

From last nights £5k BH         Hand Id #606339898 early on,  is there any way i could get away from this after the flop your thoughts please 

Michael
  • edited January 2013
    Im going to make a crazy prediction and say Celtic will win the uefa champions league this year.  We have only lost 1 home game out of the last 20 in the champions league and we have beat all the big guns that have came and failed to take us down including Manutd, Ac Milan and the biggest scalp of all beating the worlds best football team Barcelona 2-1 at Celtic park which i was at what a night that was.

As for poker related im going out to Las Vegas for 2 months during the world series of poker in June to play cash games and a few side tournaments and to wach the likes of Phil Ivey etc play in the world series.  What an experience this will be for me hopefully i can run good aswell when im out there.  Ive got my flights and hotel booked already and im all set to go!
  • edited January 2013
    Evening guys, Richard to get past level 1 of an SPT imo ;) Can you please show this hand from that new £11 Turbo MTT Sky did recently on 30th December. Probably a good hand to conceal the opponents hands cos the donk bet through me off a bit so be interested to hear the range Remond puts him on. What does Redmond think of his donk lead? I did think about just calling the turn but figured he looked like he was already committed with all his worse Kx hands and draws anyway. This is a turbo tourney, as said, and I don't think I can ever fold this spot 50xBB deep, it's just more of a question of how it goes in. Hand History #603873441
    Posted by Lambert180
    Is this from a TV icon tournament, Paul? If it isn't then I'm afraid we can't show it. Let us know and send us a different hand if it doesn't qualify to be shown.
  • edited January 2013
    I've just had the Ouija board out, so I predict Richard Orford will either win the WSOP Main Event, or die in a freak boating accident.  The spirits are unclear...

Can you show this hand?  Its from the £1500 Mini D/S on Wednesday. 

Do you think I am missing a trick by not betting the flop?  My thinking is that my opponent probably has nothing, I don't want to get raised, and I would check this flop most of the time if I had missed.

What do you think of my bet sizing?  I kept it quite small because its a very dry board, but do you think I could have got more?

GL with the show.

Will
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread*** : Is this from a TV icon tournament, Paul? If it isn't then I'm afraid we can't show it. Let us know and send us a different hand if it doesn't qualify to be shown.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hi Rich,

It was from a tourney with a TV icon :) I dunno if it was because it was a new tourney or whatnot, but it was an £11 Turbo with £1k guaranteed on 30th Dec and did have a TV icon. I wouldn't normally go in an £11 MTT, but it was 1k GTD and there were about 30 runners when it kicked off before late reg :p

Be interesting to see what Redmond think cos me and every other player I asked think we can never ever fold but I'm not sure what he's donking 2 streets with...

I look forward to seeing it ;) lol.

More predictions for 2013 to come by the way Rich. Dunno if you remember, but I met you for the first time at Luton near the coaches by the front entrance... you're alot taller than I thought
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Rich and Redmond,

I have an uncanny knack of making predictions that always come true.
    There have already been a couple of sarky comments about Rich winning a tournament.  You will definitely place in a major SKY online tournament, winning over £1000.
    One of the SKY presenters will announce they are pregnant before the end of March.  (Hopefully one of the female ones) and finally Tikay will break a bone.  Not too serious and he will recover fully but will milk the sympathy vote for weeks afterwards.
    Watch this space.

Geof Walker
    (MISTERWIN)

PS.  The year has started great for me, won £2 on a scratch card my daughter bought me for Xmas, just won £10 on yesterdays lottery and on thursday's show I won free entry for tonights mini.
  • edited January 2013

Evening gents. My doctor prescribed me some R & R tonight.....I thought that he meant 'rest and recouperation'. Obv he meant Richard & Redmond!

My predictions for 2013!

1) The SPT 2013 tour dates will be released by 31/12/2013.
    2) WBA will win one more game this year.
    3) All hand held devices will be banned from live poker venues.
    4) The WSOP Main event will see at least two female players and two amateur players on it.
    5) Tikay and Richard will finally announce their wedding date.

Have a good show both!

• edited January 2013
    My predictions for 2013 are -

Macapaca to win at least 1 sky main event and FT a SPT.

Aston villa to start next season in the premier league and and win this seasons league cup.

• edited January 2013
    (reposted as my first one seemed to go astray!)

Poker Predictions for 2013
    • The WSOP main event will be won by a monkey in a pinstripe suit.
    • Rich Orford will become a master cash game player consistently playing (& winning) High roller games.
    • Aliens will be discovered and Isuldur1 (Victor Blom) will be revealed as an early alien scout sent to test our planets response to uber aggressive hostility.
    • I will (hopefully) attend my first SPT. ( any idea when these will be announced?)
    Sport predictions for 2013
    • Comeback of the century occurs and Southampton FC win the Premiership.
    Entertainment predictions for 2013
    • The whole cast of Celebrity Big Brother will be maniacally murdered by that psycho Spencer.
    That is all.
  • edited January 2013
    Another prediction for you, Everton will be finished above Liverpool obv :)
  • edited January 2013
    Happy New Year Guys!

I predict that Tikay will switch from O-scale model trains to HO-scale!
    Half the size but double the fun!
  • edited January 2013
    My predictions:
    1) 49ers to win the superbowl
    2) I finally find a table where my AA isnt called by rubbish preflop which then inevitably hits
    3) the rollover reaches 10,500, and is won by skysanta during his time off
    4) Yorkshire has a sunny day (ok, bit far fetched)

Looking forward to the show

• edited January 2013

Hi guys great show as always. First time contacting the show. Would really appreciate Reds comments on a hand I played on a master cash table a short while ago. I lost the hand and at the time just thought I was unlucky, but on reflection think that I just got a little over excited in the end and should not have really lost the lot. Should my last raise just be a call as I am probably only getting shoved on by the bigger house considering we have both being playing quite solidly for a while before this point?

Hand ID: 603654944

Time: 2012-12-30 14:11:56

Thank you, Danny                                                                

• edited January 2013
    Hi guys....i'm predicting that this year, i'll take on board and manage to process all the excellent advice in the poker clinic and on the show and really hone my game...win at least 4 main events this year, primo 15k b/h...etc  and cash in at least one of the SPT's... I'm in both the primo and the mini tonight... so fingers crossed..

P.S.... Richard...I do think that you should change your screen name to ''The Defector''...it does have a ring about it.....( ha...ha.. now you'll have to explain)

Happy New Year...

Larry
  • edited January 2013
    Question for Reds:

I hear a lot of talk about the Venetian Deepstacks.  Have you played any of these?  What's the deal with them?  Are they worth making a trip for?
  • edited January 2013
    Hand History #606758203could I have got any more value out of this hand
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: LIVE TONIGHT 7PM on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***:
    Hand History #606758203 could I have got any more value out of this hand
    Posted by larry1959
    Where is this hand from?
  • edited January 2013
    Evening guys, Richard to get past level 1 of an SPT imo ;) Can you please show this hand from that new £11 Turbo MTT Sky did recently on 30th December. Probably a good hand to conceal the opponents hands cos the donk bet through me off a bit so be interested to hear the range Remond puts him on. What does Redmond think of his donk lead? I did think about just calling the turn but figured he looked like he was already committed with all his worse Kx hands and draws anyway. This is a turbo tourney, as said, and I don't think I can ever fold this spot 50xBB deep, it's just more of a question of how it goes in. Hand History #603873441
    Posted by Lambert180
    Is this a regular tournie Paul?  Can't find it in the lobby. 
  • edited January 2013
    up date on the primo and the mini..' the 1st break i'm placed 11th in the primo and around 70th in the mini after being in 8th place and having my pocket rockets walk into trip 9's...but still early days... ;-)

Larry
  • edited January 2013
    My predicitions for 2013!

A 100k guaranteed event on Sky Poker?! Might be a year too soon but looks like things are going in the right direction!
    For me personally I'd just like to continue to be profitable on Sky! Obviously that HUGE cash is a dream but I am generally playing smaller events to increase my bank roll so not sure that will happen!
    90% of the field at the Dublin SPT2013 event to be extremely intoxicated (in other words but probably not broadcastable - pi**ed up) by 2am on the Saturday night!

Technology wise I will go for a mobile phone with a 12+ million megapixel camera.

Sport wise I will go for Bayern Munich to win the Champions League and England to draw a tough group at the World Cup draw in December!

Current affairs I will say that the UK will bask in temperatures over 35 degrees at some point this July!

Sky Poker celebrity wise - Ryan Spittles will go on ITV's dating show Take Me Out; and 27 lights will still be on once he comes down the lift! Things will go great on 'Fernandos' with the woman he selects until he brings out his laptop to play the Sky monthly Roller instead of spend time with his date!