You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10 seats rather than 6 on tables

just wondering how many players here would like to play in tournements where it is tables of 10 rather than the normal 6

Comments

• edited November 2009
    no it tahes long eough with 6 never mind ten so its a big no in my apinion
  • edited November 2009
    i think 10 tables are so much better ...... 6 table games just favors the loose aggresive and is a disadvantage to tight aggresives

andy bee
  • edited November 2009
    But the point is sky has created a niche in the market for 6 seater tables, if it became a 10 seater site it would be no different from all the 100's of others. Ive played 10 seater, and whilst 'ok' in tournies, on cash its boring!
  • edited November 2009
    10 seater a lot better if you can hit the hands. Better chance of getting paid. How many times have you had the nuts and can't get anyone to bet. with ten hands dealt half the deck is out and abetter chance of some opposition.
  • edited December 2009
    I'd like the tables to remain as they are.  There are hundreds of other sites cater to 10 seats
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: 10 seats rather than 6 on tables:
    I'd like the tables to remain as they are.  There are hundreds of other sites cater to 10 seats
    Posted by torryboy
    1 problem i can see with the 6 seater is when nearing final table,you have 1 table with 4 and 1 table with 3 players,and what usually happens is you have the 3 top stacks on the same table,so would be ok if balancing of tables was fairer.
  • edited December 2009
    I prefer 6 seats as it creates more action due to the wider starting hands playable on a 6 seater table.
    I also think this allows players to feel more involved as in half the hands you are either on the button or blinds.

However by all means offer 10 seater tables on the site for those who prefer them.
  • edited January 2010
    I love playing the 6 seaters, but i think maybe there is room for a few 10 seater tournies?
    I dont see why sky cant organise a few to see how they go.
    Great point to bring up.
  • edited January 2010
    I love playing the 6 seaters, but i think maybe there is room for a few 10 seater tournies? I dont see why sky cant organise a few to see how they go. Great point to bring up.
    Posted by major1962
    Every night, except Mondays, there is a 10 seater deepstack at 7.00pm.  Why not come along and give them a go, the buyins are as follows:-

Tuesday - Forum Deepstack - £5.50
    Wednesday - Tikay Sleepstack - £11.00
    Thursday - 10 seater deepstack - £5.50
    Friday - Orfordable Deepstack - £3.30
    Saturday - Orfordable Deepstack - £3.30
    Sunday - 10 seater Deepstack - £5.50

Steve
  • edited January 2010
    Good point,in other sites you can chose how many you want but Sky dont give us the option yet.?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: 10 seats rather than 6 on tables : Every night, except Mondays, there is a 10 seater deepstack at 7.00pm.  Why not come along and give them a go, the buyins are as follows:- Tuesday - Forum Deepstack - £5.50 Wednesday - Tikay Sleepstack - £11.00 Thursday - 10 seater deepstack - £5.50 Friday - Orfordable Deepstack - £3.30 Saturday - Orfordable Deepstack - £3.30 Sunday - 10 seater Deepstack - £5.50 Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    There are now Orfordable Deepstacks for 3.30 on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday also.
  • edited March 2010
    I think possibly they should have a few more 10 seaters for those who prefer them but personally I am fine with 6 seaters, but was wondering about possibly doing 8/9 seaters its another different style playing inbetween 6 and 10 its just a thought
  • edited May 2010
    i think 10 seater tables are much more interesting i think sky poker should really consider this