You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

coin toss tbh

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
CLAREYSSmall blind30.0030.004220.00
Joker15Big blind 60.0090.004100.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q

bigbob57Fold    
Basil40All-in 905.00995.000.00
loolololloCall 905.001900.001970.00
CLAREYSFold    
Joker15Fold    
Basil40Show

loolololloShow
  • Q

Flop

Turn

• K

River

Basil40WinStraight to the 81900.00 1900.00

Comments

• edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    why are you calling allin with q10?
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    your call pre is awful! crushed by so many hands, and even if u know your opponent is doing this with a wide rnage u r still in big trouble against hand like jq, kq etc etc etc.  fold pre every time 
  • edited January 2013
    Do you ever read the responses to your posts and try to learn from them or are you too busy posting the next one?
  • edited January 2013
    q10 here is an easy fold it seems to me that when you see 2 cards which are suited or a picture card in your hand you are loving life.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: coin toss tbh:
    Do you ever read the responses to your posts and try to learn from them or are you too busy posting the next one?
    Posted by jonjo75

he kept shoving and no one was calling i thought q10 was good and i was right, why you hating?
  • edited January 2013
    i dont understand how you all post stuff like FOLD PRE FOLD PRE when you dont even know how the villian was playing.. obviously i would normally fold against the average oppenents  all in..
  • edited January 2013
    good call
    Posted by SHANXTA

ty
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: coin toss tbh : he kept shoving and no one was calling i thought q10 was good and i was right, why you hating?
    Posted by loololollo

Not hating and my response is based on a lot of your posts where people are giving you good advice (dont call OOP, dont limp in etc etc) but then you post another 5 hands where you are doing the same thing.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: coin toss tbh : he kept shoving and no one was calling i thought q10 was good and i was right, why you hating?
    Posted by loololollo

q10 is never EVER a good call in this spot even tho you were ahead this time the range of hands that beats you has you absoloutly crushed.  You are being results orientated as you were ahead this time it does not make a good call.  Should be folding here 100% of the time calling here is fine if your just looking to have a gamble and arnt to bothered about the game.  But to call and say you called because you thought you were ahead is crazy because you are never going to be ahead in this spot against a villans range.  I dont care if a villan has been shoving every single hand q10 still doesnt beat there range.  If someone has been shoving every single hand yes we can widen our calling range to include lots of pairs and aces but q10 does not feature in that calling range even against a maniac shoving every single hand.
  • edited January 2013
     This is a stove with a pretty wide range, I'd say wider than you're average joe on here (and you're behind to it)

equity     win     tie           pots won     pots tied   
    Hand 0:     46.842%      45.13%     01.71%         1384715072      52596920.00   { QTs }
    Hand 1:     53.158%      51.44%     01.71%         1578539856      52596920.00   { 22+, A2s+, K5s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, A2o+, K7o+, Q8o+, J9o+, T9o }
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: coin toss tbh : q10 is never EVER a good call in this spot even tho you were ahead this time the range of hands that beats you has you absoloutly crushed.  You are being results orientated as you were ahead this time it does not make a good call.  Should be folding here 100% of the time calling here is fine if your just looking to have a gamble and arnt to bothered about the game.  But to call and say you called because you thought you were ahead is crazy because you are never going to be ahead in this spot against a villans range.  I dont care if a villan has been shoving every single hand q10 still doesnt beat there range.  If someone has been shoving every single hand yes we can widen our calling range to include lots of pairs and aces but q10 does not feature in that calling range even against a maniac shoving every single hand.
    Posted by bearlyther

if hes shoving every hand though im more than likely to be ahead because he could have any 2 cards??
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: coin toss tbh : if hes shoving every hand though im more than likely to be ahead because he could have any 2 cards??
    Posted by loololollo
    Yeah you are definitely good if he is shoving any two cards, but I imagine he's shoving ALOT but not everything. For example you can probably take away 23o, T4o etc
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: coin toss tbh : Yeah you are definitely good if he is shoving any two cards, but I imagine he's shoving ALOT but not everything. For example you can probably take away 23o, T4o etc
    Posted by Lambert180

yeah so calling here was right? i was about 70% sure i was ahead preflop
  • edited January 2013
    Funnily enough - and it is, it's very funny - about an hour ago you just cracked my AA after shoving all in pre-flop with Q10 (os). Prior to that you had been very vocal in the chatbox - calling people fish, criticising their play and so on. After, you went very quiet. 
    A bit of friendly advice: Don't do that. First, surely you want to be playing against players who aren't very good. Plenty of players play for enjoyment as much as profit and being insulted compromises that enjoyment. If I had lost over 8.5K playing - as one player had - and was being abused on top of that it might make me think twice about playing - certainly on this site. We don't want that. Second, it will make players more determined to play better against you. Third, it's undignified and makes you look a bit of a plum. I might be going out on a limb here, but you don't strike me as the greatest player around and targeting other people's mistakes makes you look a bit, well, silly. 

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: coin toss tbh : yeah so calling here was right? i was about 70% sure i was ahead preflop
    Posted by loololollo
    no calling allin with q10 for 15 bbs in this spot no matter how much opponant has been going allin is never going to be a call and 2 players to act behind aswell.  
  • edited January 2013
    Funnily enough - and it is, it's very funny - about an hour ago you just cracked my AA after shoving all in pre-flop with Q10 (os). Prior to that you had been very vocal in the chatbox - calling people fish, criticising their play and so on. After, you went very quiet.  A bit of friendly advice: Don't do that. First, surely you want to be playing against players who aren't very good. Plenty of players play for enjoyment as much as profit and being insulted compromises that enjoyment. If I had lost over 8.5K playing - as one player had - and was being abused on top of that it might make me think twice about playing - certainly on this site. We don't want that. Second, it will make players more determined to play better against you. Third, it's undignified and makes you look a bit of a plum. I might be going out on a limb here, but you don't strike me as the greatest player around and targeting other people's mistakes makes you look a bit, well, silly. 
    Posted by SR23
    tldr 
  • edited January 2013
    It's more like 64/36

But that's only true if you KNOW what his hand is and you don't. I bet he isn't shoving 32o etc so you can't say he is shoving any two cards.

I don't think it's a good call, but oh well, u got it in good and lost, it's pretty standard that you will lose this fairly often (not far off 2 in every 5 times)
  • edited January 2013
    dont know why you lot give this lololololol the time of day tbh
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by seppe
    were discussing how stupid people come on top
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by seppe
    Yeah realised that myself now. I think people were trying to help him with his play because it seemed like he needed it but some of his responses and the post by SR23 just confirmed what I was starting to think.
  • edited January 2013

I'm pretty new to posting on here but have to say that ALL of the posts here are spot on, even the one you marked 'tldr'. Seriously, if you don't want to learn from the replies then maybe don't post? You were ahead, in this instance, but even then not far enough ahead to justify the call and the range of hands that you were ahead of simply wasn't good enough when compared to the range of hands that had you crushed, dominated, etc etc.
    and..... oh hang on if I type any more you'll not read it.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: coin toss tbh : I'm pretty new to posting on here but have to say that ALL of the posts here are spot on, even the one you marked 'tldr'. Seriously, if you don't want to learn from the replies then maybe don't post? You were ahead, in this instance, but even then not far enough ahead to justify the call and the range of hands that you were ahead of simply wasn't good enough when compared to the range of hands that had you crushed, dominated, etc etc. and..... oh hang on if I type any more you'll not read it.
    Posted by Enut

haha i did actually read it i just didnt think it was relevant enough for a reply, im not going to promote people playing badly and i dont think i was crushed tbh if he is shoving constantly i think i was ahead with this hand