You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

can someone explain

you didn't. It's played fine sigh move onto next hand

Comments

• edited January 2013
    where did i go wrong..

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    CCSmall blind 150.00150.003785.87
    button09Big blind 300.00450.0011212.50
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

P1Call 300.00750.0011023.26
    loolololloRaise 900.001650.003613.37
    XFold    
    XFold    
    button09Fold    
    P1Call 600.002250.0010423.26
    Flop

P1Check    
    loolololloBet 1125.003375.002488.37
    P1Call 1125.004500.009298.26
    Turn

P1Check    
    loolololloAll-in 2488.376988.370.00
    P1Call 2488.379476.746809.89
    P1Show
    • Q

loolololloShow
    • A
    • Q

River

P1WinPair of 7s9476.74 16286.63
  • edited January 2013
    Villian was never folding after flopping open ended str8 draw and his stack size. imo
  • edited January 2013
    Hi L

My mtt game is pretty poor at the mo but maybe someone could tell me if an ALL-in on flop from L would  an ok move with just over 12 BB's.
    I must admit that i don't understand why T should call on the ai on the turn as he doesn't have the pot odds, does he if he is considering himself as being behind AND only having 8 outs so about 16% equity. I think its a bad call more in hope than judgement. Was it a BH perchance?

PS L erase players names in the pot with you as they don't like their plays advertised m8.
  • edited January 2013
    Well he's calling 2.5k to win practically 10k so his odds aren't worlds away but it is a bad call from the villian but I imagine he was swayed (incorrectly) by the fact he was short so thought he'd just go for a gamble.

OP - You should have shoved pre, you only have about 15xBB. If you don't shove pre then I think Profman is right about just shoving the flop, it's a nice pot already compared to our stack and we're happy to take it down now if that's the case, if not we're getting the money in when we have tons of equity. When we miss on the turn, our equity is ALOT smaller. On the flop we are a small favourite against TP, now on the turn, we drop to only have 35% chance of winning against TP, even less if he has some kinda 2pr, set etc.

You don't have enough chips imo to be not just getting it in.
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    can't see villians stack size but lambert is saying 15bb so do we not think jamming pre is abit excessive we want this guy to call really. Can see why jamming the flop would be a good move though
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: can someone explain:
    can't see villians stack size but lambert is saying 15bb so do we not think jamming pre is abit excessive we want this guy to call really. Can see why jamming the flop would be a good move though
    Posted by jams88
    Jamming pre is standard here
  • edited January 2013
    So we are looking to take the pot down there and then?
  • edited January 2013
    Well he's calling 2.5k to win practically 10k so his odds aren't worlds away but it is a bad call from the villian but I imagine he was swayed (incorrectly) by the fact he was short so thought he'd just go for a gamble. OP - You should have shoved pre, you only have about 15xBB. If you don't shove pre then I think Profman is right about just shoving the flop, it's a nice pot already compared to our stack and we're happy to take it down now if that's the case, if not we're getting the money in when we have tons of equity. When we miss on the turn, our equity is ALOT smaller. On the flop we are a small favourite against TP, now on the turn, we drop to only have 35% chance of winning against TP, even less if he has some kinda 2pr, set etc. You don't have enough chips imo to be not just getting it in.
    Posted by Lambert180

yeah was going to jam the flop but thought of getting as much in as possible since i thought i was far ahead on this board
  • edited January 2013
    Hi L My mtt game is pretty poor at the mo but maybe someone could tell me if an ALL-in on flop from L would  an ok move with just over 12 BB's. I must admit that i don't understand why T should call on the ai on the turn as he doesn't have the pot odds, does he if he is considering himself as being behind AND only having 8 outs so about 16% equity. I think its a bad call more in hope than judgement. Was it a BH perchance? PS L erase players names in the pot with you as they don't like their plays advertised m8.
    Posted by profman15

uhh ok will do
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: can someone explain : Jamming pre is standard here
    Posted by bearlyther

ok
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: can someone explain : yeah was going to jam the flop but thought of getting as much in as possible since i thought i was far ahead on this board
    Posted by loololollo
    This board hits the villans range so hard
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: can someone explain : This board hits the villans range so hard
    Posted by bearlyther

uhh mabye but ( I THOUGHT ) he was playing tight so i put him on a low PP or just a simular hand to me
  • edited January 2013
    So we are looking to take the pot down there and then?
    Posted by jams88
    yes and he can call with worse
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: can someone explain : uhh mabye but ( I THOUGHT ) he was playing tight so i put him on a low PP or just a simular hand to me
    Posted by loololollo
    Wait i didnt see that you flopped a flush draw aswell lol.  But yea makes life easier if you just open jam this pre wth 13 bigs.
  • edited January 2013
    Was it a bounty hunter? :) They bring out the idiots
  • edited January 2013
    Was it a bounty hunter? :) They bring out the idiots
    Posted by JSTFLIPPIN

yes sir