You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Main event tomorrow changed to turbo and also the £55 bounty hunter

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
From looking at the wording in the main...Tuesday is turbo night...thought it would (probably should) have been advertised but it is here!

I would love to see more deep structured MTT but I think the current player base will support and I think actually suggested a turbo night so no one can (well probably will but there you go) say sky doesn't listen to the players!

Comments

• edited January 2013

I just happened to notice in the lobby that the main event tomorrow night has been changed to a turbo and the £55 bounty hunter has been changed from a 4k start stack to a 2k start stack and with turbo blinds this time in it. Wondering why this is as i thought the tuesday night main event was already a fast structure and now it has got faster.  The £55 bounty hunter with a 4k stark stack is a really good structure so why is it being changed to a turbo?  There is blind levels in these being skipped aswell like 500/1k and a few more levels.

Id like to see some deeper structure events on here as i feel the site has the potential to bring players who play on other sites to it but a lot of these players are not want to come if the structures are turboie.  This site has so much to offer with the community etc and id like to see it develop.  I understand a lot of people will be in favour of the turbo structure but personally i would prefer if there were deeper structures.
  • edited January 2013
    wondering if there may be an outage later on and it needs an early finish ?
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013

Good morning.

This is "Turbo Tuesday".

A lot of folks have suggested one night a week be "Turbo Themed", so that's the idea.

It is an experiment, it will continue if it is successful, it may need tweakage, or it may not work at all, & Tuesday's will revert to "as was". 

Probably a good idea for the Site to try these different things from time to time.

• edited January 2013
    The bh with 7mins blinds, Its a shove fest as it is isint it? Any way, like you say, good try and test different things out. gj
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Main event tomorrow changed to turbo and also the £55 bounty hunter:
    The bh with 7mins blinds, Its a shove fest as it is isint it? Any way, like you say, good try and test different things out. gj
    Posted by shaun09
    Exactly that, Shaun. It is good to experiment, shake the tree sometimes, try different things. The worst that can happen is it fails, & they revert to the previous schedule, or try something different. Standing still is not an option in the online world.
  • edited January 2013
    great idea, 
    slightly different skill set,
    i'm in

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Main event tomorrow changed to turbo and also the £55 bounty hunter:
    Good morning. This is "Turbo Tuesday". A lot of folks have suggested one night a week be "Turbo Themed", so that's the idea.   It is an experiment, it will continue if it is successful, it may need tweakage, or it may not work at all, & Tuesday's will revert to "as was".  Probably a good idea for the Site to try these different things from time to time.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the reply Tikay yes fair enough can see its something might be worth trying out.
  • edited January 2013
    Wasn't going to play tonight, tempted now.........

I used to love the Thews at 10 structure when that used to run, hope to see more of these :)
  • edited January 2013
    great idea,  slightly different skill set, i'm in
    Posted by yoyo
    Should suit your nitty style of only playing hands like aces, kings and ace-king...

.... maybe queens at a push!

;)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Main event tomorrow changed to turbo and also the £55 bounty hunter : Thanks for the reply Tikay yes fair enough can see its something might be worth trying out.
    Posted by bearlyther
    No worries Conor (Connor?), it may work out, it may not, time will tell. Not a disaster either way, but worth trying imo.

There are actually three Tourneys tonight in the "Turbo Tuesday" portfolio.

The 8pm £6,000 Turbo Open at £33 buy-in

The 8:15pm £2,000 Turbo B/H at £5.50 buy-in

The 9pm £5,000 Turbo B/H at £55 buy-in

I believe there will be Satellites for the two bigger buy-in ones.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Main event tomorrow changed to turbo and also the £55 bounty hunter : Should suit your nitty style of only playing hands like aces, kings and ace-king... .... maybe queens at a push! ;)
    Posted by Sky_Poker

yep, will prob now need to include QQ, poss JJ at a push into my starting hand basket

• edited January 2013

As luck would have it, I found a photo of Thewy's starting hand basket.

• edited January 2013
    im deffo in as i used to like the lucky 7s mtt u had 7 min blinds well im used to playing scary mtts and sng  so this is up my street

i try n sat if that fails i buy in direct gl others that will be in
  • edited January 2013
    yep its good to keep things fresh but you also need consistancy its a shame from my personal veiw to see the 55 b hunter has followed suite this was a game that since it started as always met the grnt (i belive) it was a good mid range buy in with a decent start stack. ill try the 3 quid all in sats for this game failing that ill spend the 80-100 dollar buy in on a deep stack away from sky. a bit of what you know dose you good at times...
    BTW this aint a complaint just sounds like one.

Good morning. This is "Turbo Tuesday". A lot of folks have suggested one night a week be "Turbo Themed", so that's the idea.   It is an experiment, it will continue if it is successful, it may need tweakage, or it may not work at all, & Tuesday's will revert to "as was".  Probably a good idea for the Site to try these different things from time to time.  
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited January 2013
    yep its good to keep things fresh but you also need consistancy its a shame from my personal veiw to see the 55 b hunter has followed suite this was a game that since it started as always met the grnt (i belive) it was a good mid range buy in with a decent start stack. ill try the 3 quid all in sats for this game failing that ill spend the 80-100 dollar buy in on a deep stack away from sky. a bit of what you know dose you good at times... BTW this aint a complaint just sounds like one. In Response to Re: Main event tomorrow changed to turbo and also the £55 bounty hunter :
    Posted by rosjim1
    And there you have the crux of it - it's not really possible to have both, but both are desirable.

Bit like a young man who meets twin girls really. That circle ain't ever gonna be squared.  

• edited January 2013
    As luck would have it, I found a photo of Thewy's starting hand basket.
    Posted by Tikay10

google much?