You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sickest one yet

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
QUIGGELSSmall blind 30.0030.005445.00
tennet007Big blind 60.0090.002995.00
 Your hole cards

ghillieFold    
loolololloCall 60.00150.004392.50
TREBOR12Fold    
nick501Call 60.00210.003430.00
QUIGGELSRaise 120.00330.005325.00
tennet007Call 90.00420.002905.00
loolololloCall 90.00510.004302.50
nick501Call 90.00600.003340.00
Flop

QUIGGELSBet 300.00900.005025.00
tennet007Fold    
loolololloRaise 720.001620.003582.50
nick501All-in 3340.004960.000.00
QUIGGELSFold    
loolololloCall 2620.007580.00962.50
loolololloShow

nick501Show
  • J
  • J

Turn

• Q

River

nick501WinTwo Pairs, Jacks and 3s7580.00 7580.00

Comments

• edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013

Dont limp in pre should always becoming in for a raise.  Open limping pre is always going to be a losing play.
  • edited January 2013
    Happens alot, for me anyway
  • edited January 2013
    look at mine, terrible terrible beat!
  • edited January 2013

play like this will hardly even win good pots because generally it will result in a fold or a stronger hand
    you raise so he will probably put you on a top pair or small over pair so of course he is going to shove so now that 3 will look awful
    their is only really on time that you should ever limp and that is when you have pairs />8 because all you want with them is that 3rd card to make the set
    any other timeeither 3xbb call a raise if it has been made already reraise or simply fold
    also BTW you say your move for better players well expect these more often as any good player would just expect top pair or small over pair or flush draw so he is bound to shove

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: sickest one yet:
    Dont limp in pre should always becoming in for a raise.  Open limping pre is always going to be a losing play.
    Posted by bearlyther
    i like limping in with suited connectors because your hands going to either be really strong or really weak so i figure im getting payed off anyway if its strong because its unexpectable
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: sickest one yet : i like limping in with suited connectors because your hands going to either be really strong or really weak so i figure im getting payed off anyway if its strong because its unexpectable
    Posted by loololollo

Never open limp with a suited connecter if you do you have only 1 way to win the pot.  Always come in for a raise pre
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: sickest one yet : Never open limp with a suited connecter if you do you have only 1 way to win the pot.  Always come in for a raise pre
    Posted by bearlyther
    Huge +1

• edited January 2013
    this really isnt that sick bye sky standards lol best hand pre won .
  • edited January 2013
    play like this will hardly even win good pots because generally it will result in a fold or a stronger hand you raise so he will probably put you on a top pair or small over pair so of course he is going to shove so now that 3 will look awful their is only really on time that you should ever limp and that is when you have pairs />8 because all you want with them is that 3rd card to make the set any other timeeither 3xbb call a raise if it has been made already reraise or simply fold also BTW you say your move for better players well expect these more often as any good player would just expect top pair or small over pair or flush draw so he is bound to shove
    Posted by craigcu12
    you shouldnt be limping with small pairs either, you allways come in for a raise if ur gona play the hand whatevr ur holding is.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: sickest one yet : you shouldnt be limping with small pairs either, you allways come in for a raise if ur gona play the hand whatevr ur holding is.
    Posted by THEROCK573

disagree i limp in with pairs lower then 8 because if you hit your set with like 3/4 others in the pot your going to get payed off big time, and if your raise pre for a 1v1 you prob just going to win a small pot whether you hit your set or not, either that or lose big
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: sickest one yet : disagree i limp in with pairs lower then 8 because if you hit your set with like 3/4 others in the pot your going to get payed off big time, and if your raise pre for a 1v1 you prob just going to win a small pot whether you hit your set or not, either that or lose big
    Posted by loololollo
    lol, ur insane!!!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: sickest one yet : lol, ur insane!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    i would pre flop raise against lose players but thats it