You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

So normal i just smile now

edited January 2013 in Area 51
Still ahead and winning but I do think these type of hands are remarkably common.Sometimes I am the winner sometimes the loser but happen soooo often.
cazzie123 Small blind  150.00 150.00 8630.00
shark11386 Big blind  300.00 450.00 13920.00
  Your hole cards

12del1225 Call  300.00 750.00 9030.00
snorky Call  300.00 1050.00 5945.00
cazzie123 Fold     
shark11386 Check     
Flop

shark11386 Bet  300.00 1350.00 13620.00
12del1225 Fold     
snorky Raise  600.00 1950.00 5345.00
shark11386 Call  300.00 2250.00 13320.00
Turn

shark11386 Check     
snorky Bet  2250.00 4500.00 3095.00
shark11386 All-in  13320.00 17820.00 0.00
snorky All-in  3095.00 20915.00 0.00
shark11386 Unmatched bet  7975.00 12940.00 7975.00
shark11386 Show

snorky Show

River

shark11386 Win Straight to the 8 12940.00  20915.00

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013
    ul but could i suggest that if you're going to enter a pot on the button RAISE preflop!
    good luck
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: So normal i just smile now:
    ul but could i suggest that if you're going to enter a pot on the button RAISE preflop! good luck
    Posted by VespaPX
    Yeah you are right but to be honest I was let in cheap. I am not raising with low suited connectors and I fold to any raise but this is a deliberate ploy on my part as it can pay of big if you hit. My point mainly is it is almost uncanny that if three people go all in with ak,qq,j10 the flop comes down full of paint. If you find your self chasing low end straights  the flop comes down low. I may be cynical and there is no advantage to any player but it is funny how many times I see ak vs aq and an ace on the flop. Sometimes it would seem as if most hands are engineered to induce action. Why doesn't  ak vs aq miss most of the time.
    As I said lots of time my j,10 all in hits qka against kk,qq so cannot say it is unfair in any particular way what so ever but does give the impression of being somewhat designed.
    Just my opinion. Not sure playing an hour game every night I should see 5 FH,2 sets of quads and 17 flushes etc but then again maybe this does happen in live games too.

Maybe just sugguesting hands are built for action but this still gives no individual any particular advantage.

Tis area 51 after all.

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Totally agree with all your points , just have to take the hits and move on.
    As long as you know what to expect then proceed with caution.

Gl fella
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    how can it pay off big??? u only have 20bbs, u cant limp in with gambling hands when ur stack is so shallow, either raise or fold but u cant limp here ever!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    how can it pay off big??? u only have 20bbs, u cant limp in with gambling hands when ur stack is so shallow, either raise or fold but u cant limp here ever!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Erm i'm afraid that would mean there is ONLY one way to play this hand and surely predictability is the last thing you should bring to a poker table.
    You may assume that the only prize is first prize where as I am happy coming 3rd one day 5th the day after and 4th the following week etc. I  may be totally wrong but I still believe there is mileage in making the money first and then adapting your strategy in the later stages. If I play every day for a fortnight and I am 10 quid up I am happy and have had fun.
    Poker is fun and when you win it is so much more fun but i'm never gonna play any two cards the same way every time . I do find myself short stacked in the final stages quite often but with blinds so big I shall pick my spot. The blinds do not rule my decisions they may influence it.
    We could just be different players where I try to win little and often, you win big and infrequent. I bet between wins though you could be burning some serious money whereas I am merely burning a far smaller amount that I am completely happy with.  Surely we can accept that many people play differently and if I learnt one thing over the years its this... if I won last night and try to play exactly the same way the following night somehow I don't win.
    So i'll mix it up and get burnt lots along the way but sometimes my approach pays of as i' sure yours does.
    Your advice is absolutely sound but it's not for me at the moment. I do ok.  Good luck on the tables.oink    
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Totally agree with all your points , just have to take the hits and move on. As long as you know what to expect then proceed with caution. Gl fella
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thanks,I still thought I was ahead even on the river so I was more than happy with my play but with my strategy you can still get burnt as you can see. But my computer is still in one piece and I still like this style.
    waiting for premium hands inevitably doesn't work in the long run so we have to come up with something new.
    remember the days when everyone fell for the old check raise. Practically useless now.
    Any ways gl on the tables oink.   
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: So normal i just smile now : Erm i'm afraid that would mean there is ONLY one way to play this hand and surely predictability is the last thing you should bring to a poker table. You may assume that the only prize is first prize where as I am happy coming 3rd one day 5th the day after and 4th the following week etc. I  may be totally wrong but I still believe there is mileage in making the money first and then adapting your strategy in the later stages. If I play every day for a fortnight and I am 10 quid up I am happy and have had fun. Poker is fun and when you win it is so much more fun but i'm never gonna play any two cards the same way every time . I do find myself short stacked in the final stages quite often but with blinds so big I shall pick my spot. The blinds do not rule my decisions they may influence it. We could just be different players where I try to win little and often, you win big and infrequent. I bet between wins though you could be burning some serious money whereas I am merely burning a far smaller amount that I am completely happy with.  Surely we can accept that many people play differently and if I learnt one thing over the years its this... if I won last night and try to play exactly the same way the following night somehow I don't win. So i'll mix it up and get burnt lots along the way but sometimes my approach pays of as i' sure yours does. Your advice is absolutely sound but it's not for me at the moment. I do ok.  Good luck on the tables.oink    
    Posted by snorky
    listen. in tournaments, ur stack size dictates ur every move, predictablity has nothing to do with it, u have 20bbs, u cant limp in, this is a big mistake how ever u want to dress it up. but if u say u do ok by making bad mistakes then who am i to try and help. good luck ul need it!!!

• Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: So normal i just smile now : listen. in tournaments, ur stack size dictates ur every move, predictablity has nothing to do with it, u have 20bbs, u cant limp in, this is a big mistake how ever u want to dress it up. but if u say u do ok by making bad mistakes then who am i to try and help. good luck ul need it!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Therock you are playing games with average buy ins in excess of 20 quid. My average is prolly between 1 and 2 pound. You play one hundred pound games as I suspected in my last post. You are 18000 in profit where as I am 2000 ish in about 6 years lol. We move in different circles and you are playing at a level I can't comprehend. Your advice is very welcomed and I will take it on board as you mean it with good intent. I  am seriously playing for fun  and winning is just a bonus. I concur with you wholeheartedly at bigger stake tables I will be getting my bum handed to me on a plate the way I play on my pound tables.
    Genuinely thankyou for taking time to give me advice.

Sadly as long as I have children and a wife I feel our paths are unlikely to cross on the poker tables but if you ever play the 250 guarantee speed at 2145 and I am feeling flush feel free to come and take my chips of me. If you forget my name I will be the one limping in with 67 suited. Be lucky rock hope your profit continues to grow .

Snorky   
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: So normal i just smile now : Therock you are playing games with average buy ins in excess of 20 quid. My average is prolly between 1 and 2 pound. You play one hundred pound games as I suspected in my last post. You are 18000 in profit where as I am 2000 ish in about 6 years lol. We move in different circles and you are playing at a level I can't comprehend. Your advice is very welcomed and I will take it on board as you mean it with good intent. I  am seriously playing for fun  and winning is just a bonus. I concur with you wholeheartedly at bigger stake tables I will be getting my bum handed to me on a plate the way I play on my pound tables. Genuinely thankyou for taking time to give me advice. Sadly as long as I have children and a wife I feel our paths are unlikely to cross on the poker tables but if you ever play the 250 guarantee speed at 2145 and I am feeling flush feel free to come and take my chips of me. If you forget my name I will be the one limping in with 67 suited. Be lucky rock hope your profit continues to grow . Snorky   
    Posted by snorky
    So tilting when peeps use this argument lol. It doesnt matter the buy ins etc.... the basics are the same RAISE or fold pre