You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL20 house

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Think pre is quite loose bad but is river just a call
Meaning I am always c/c but should i shove
Also maybe I should bet river, I've let oppo check behind here :S
If we do bet river, is it a b/f - never can be, can it.

oppo is pretty unknown, it would appear oppo knows what they are doing

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
rancid Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £20.69
GaryPlayer Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £32.96
  Your hole cards
  • Q

ourkes Fold        
fitzer14 Call   £0.20 £0.50 £14.70
crooksy08 Fold        
x Raise   £0.80 £1.30 £26.61
rancid Call   £0.70 £2.00 £19.99
GaryPlayer Call   £0.60 £2.60 £32.36
fitzer14 Call   £0.60 £3.20 £14.10
Flop

rancid Check        
GaryPlayer Check        
fitzer14 Check        
x Bet   £1.60 £4.80 £25.01
rancid Call   £1.60 £6.40 £18.39
GaryPlayer Fold        
fitzer14 Fold        
Turn

• A

rancid Check        
x Bet   £3.20 £9.60 £21.81
rancid Call   £3.20 £12.80 £15.19
River

rancid Check        
x Bet   £9.60 £22.40 £12.21
rancid

Comments

• edited January 2013
    yah, chuck the last fiver in.

Can definitely lead this river, but it wud probably have to be about 5/6 quid (b/c obv), dnt think bombing it will work. 

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 house:
    yah, chuck the last fiver in. Can definitely lead this river, but it wud probably have to be about 5/6 quid (b/c obv), dnt think bombing it will work. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

if we cant just open shove river and get called by Ax then we should be folding pre.

I like not c/r flop on this texture, once you check the A turn and he bets, either assume he can be bluffing and check the river to him regardless of river, or c/r the turn assuming he always has an Ax hand and won't be folding.

IF you c/c the river never call again pre lol
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 house : if we cant just open shove river and get called by Ax then we should be folding pre. I like not c/r flop on this texture, once you check the A turn and he bets, either assume he can be bluffing and check the river to him regardless of river, or c/r the turn assuming he always has an Ax hand and won't be folding. IF you c/c the river never call again pre lol
    Posted by beaneh
    Fair enough

c/r turn is maybe /> c/r river then as I thought it's more likely oppo has an A than a FD or a 10
    Plus I never ever thought oppo was bluffing on the turn so I kinda think I shoulda c/r turn

but yeah I did c/rai river, even though when oppo bets that amount I think oppo is never b/f so... I  think it's a chop or just myabe oppo has AK/Flush - two hands are beating me right A10/AA

A10 would be just sick and AA would be like cooler ...mmmmm

gg

• edited January 2013
    if he has AT or AA then FYL but I literally couldn't care less reload.

if you even considered c/c river fetch a fork from the kitchen and jab it into your thigh. ask yourself should I do this again.....

if on the flop your oppo can have KK or non Ax/Tx hands that are for value then the turn card makes it all a bit weird given he's bet again hence I said he could well now be bluffing and checking the river is probably best.
  • edited January 2013
    if he has AT or AA then FYL but I literally couldn't care less reload. if you even considered c/c river fetch a fork from the kitchen and jab it into your thigh. ask yourself should I do this again..... if on the flop your oppo can have KK or non Ax/Tx hands that are for value then the turn card makes it all a bit weird given he's bet again hence I said he could well now be bluffing and checking the river is probably best.
    Posted by beaneh
    lol at bolded bit )

If oppo did have value hands with non Ax/Tx that they bet turn with, surely they check behind with them holdings on river.
    Hence why I contemplate that checking river is not good and I should probably just b/c river and not let oppo check behind with them holdings.

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 house : lol at bolded bit ) If oppo did have value hands with non Ax/Tx that they bet turn with, surely they check behind with them holdings on river. Hence why I contemplate that checking river is not good and I should probably just b/c river and not let oppo check behind with them holdings.
    Posted by rancid

yes I agree that KK wont be betting river IF It bet turn hence if we can't open shove river and tarp the Ax parts of his range we should probably have folded pre or looked at constructing a leading range on dry flop textures.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 house : yes I agree that KK wont be betting river IF It bet turn hence if we can't open shove river and tarp the Ax parts of his range we should probably have folded pre or looked at constructing a leading range on dry flop textures.
    Posted by beaneh

The end bit regarding leading range confuses me somewhat but thanks for the help
    Of the top of my head my leading range would just be bluff or like 88/99 - probs more bluffs
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 house : The end bit regarding leading range confuses me somewhat but thanks for the help Of the top of my head my leading range would just be bluff or like 88/99 - probs more bluffs
    Posted by rancid

I mean we should consider how to act on dry flops like TT2 225 Q72r etc etc  and if we ever don't just check them both when we are strong and when we are weak.

leading on TT2 with hands like 88/99 is bad. if you don't see why think about it or just trust me. you want hands with back door equity and equity vs the opponents calling range. 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 house : I mean we should consider how to act on dry flops like TT2 225 Q72r etc etc  and if we ever don't just check them both when we are strong and when we are weak. leading on TT2 with hands like 88/99 is bad. if you don't see why think about it or just trust me. you want hands with back door equity and equity vs the opponents calling range. 
    Posted by beaneh
    Ok I kinda see what your saying and yeah leading 88/99 would be bad.
    But my thinking would be to lead bluffs a lot but your saying it better to lead with "back door equity and equity vs the opponents calling range."

so.. we kinda bluffing and semi bluffing with the lead on dry flops

bluffs - anything that misses
    back door & equity verus - like AQ/JQ - are the backdoors overcards with possible ext on str/fls

sorry just tapping your brain a bit )

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: NL20 house:
    In Response to Re: NL20 house : Ok I kinda see what your saying and yeah leading 88/99 would be bad. But my thinking would be to lead bluffs a lot but your saying it better to lead with "back door equity and equity vs the opponents calling range." so.. we kinda bluffing and semi bluffing with the lead on dry flops bluffs - anything that misses back door & equity verus - like AQ/JQ - are the backdoors overcards with possible ext on str/fls sorry just tapping your brain a bit )
    Posted by rancid

yes im saying rather than 88 have a bdfd that you can keep barrelling and that when it is behind can pick up equity rather than having just 2 outs.