You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Channel 4 poker

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Was watching the poker on channel 4 tonight. Some guy 5 bet with 103 then he got 6 bet the guy that 6 bet had aces and the guy with 103 calls hes got position on him lol!. The guy with aces cbets cant remember what the flop was 1 overcard queen on the flop. The guy with 103 calls with 10 high no draw floating we believe or does he know what his plan is! On the turn a 10 comes of the guy with the aces goes allin and the guy with the 10 tank folds lmao.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    My guess was that he wasnt playing the cards he was playing his opponent. Mayb he had an idea on later street if opponent check turn i dunno :D
  • edited January 2013
    Yes it did look really bad but just before that he pulled of a massive bluff against Negraunus JJ with K3 on an 8 high board and he is a very succsessful player.
    Sometimes you just have a feeling you can get someone of a hand but realise  after putting a lot of chips in the pot you cant and just have to give up.
  • edited January 2013
    Surely the time to realise your oppo had a hand was pre flop. To do half your stack in a tourney of that importance is crazy.
    But for me the best moment was when Khan was in the hand with Daniel and Daniel played the 42. Khan commented on the 42 and Daniel gave the stock Sky  player response " it was suited" lol
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Channel 4 poker:
    Was watching the poker on channel 4 tonight. Some guy 5 bet with 103 then he got 6 bet the guy that 6 bet had aces and the guy with 103 calls hes got position on him lol!. The guy with aces cbets cant remember what the flop was 1 overcard queen on the flop. The guy with 103 calls with 10 high no draw floating we believe or does he know what his plan is! On the turn a 10 comes of the guy with the aces goes allin and the guy with the 10 tank folds lmao.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Hi bearly what was the program, is the big game back on or is it something new and is it every week? sorry for the barrage of questions lol!
  • edited January 2013
    It was the ept grand final from monte carlo
  • edited January 2013

The commentators were the excellent Joe Stapleton and......and......and. Nope, carnt think of the other chaps name but he wasnt as good.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Channel 4 poker:
    The commentators were the excellent Joe Stapleton and......and......and. Nope, carnt think of the other chaps name but he wasnt as good.
    Posted by MAXALLY

I think it may have been Norman Chad ;o)

• edited January 2013

Don't watch much TV poker nowardays but caught this last night.

Any aggressive players on here will be able to relate to that sinking feeling on the turn in a huge pot, when the guy moves 'all in'.

I'm always tempted to try some mental play like this and often do, v rarely it works, but the 1 time it does it's an awesome feeling and at the time makes up for 10 failed attempts!

FPS is addictive! 

• edited January 2013
    obviously [player dependent people do crazy moves the cards dnt matter he obv has put the guy on air with a 5 bet oh well hes read was wrong
  • edited January 2013
    You can do crazy stuff like this if your deep enough :D

What, did they have 50bb stacks !! :D

• edited January 2013
    if it was jake cody 5 bet for instance or isildurrrr i would 6 bet them all day long lol they never ave it :p
  • edited January 2013
    If he puts the guy on air then why doesnt he 7 bet jam instead he decides to peel to see a flop with 10 3.  Then floats the flop with 10 high no draw then hits his 10 on the turn.  I think the worst part of the hand is him folding the turn after he hits the 10 if his intention on the flop was to float.  Folding the turn makes no sense whatsoever and even tho he was behind on the turn i think its a horrific fold as surely his plan was to float then get it in how can he change his plan once he hits the 10!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Channel 4 poker:
    If he puts the guy on air then why doesnt he 7 bet jam instead he decides to peel to see a flop with 10 3.  Then floats the flop with 10 high no draw then hits his 10 on the turn.  I think the worst part of the hand is him folding the turn after he hits the 10 if his intention on the flop was to float.  Folding the turn makes no sense whatsoever and even tho he was behind on the turn i think its a horrific fold as surely his plan was to float then get it in how can he change his plan once he hits the 10!
    Posted by bearlyther

Maybe his plan was to just look cool on TV )

God knows what goes on in that head but maybe he just thought flatting looks like AA
    He probably thinks his ten is now behind and no point in calling and only wants to make KK/AK fold.
    Would have been more intresting to see the AA just bet or check the flop.

God knows how the table was playing because I ain't seen it, but would imagine it would be people 4 betting light for fun sp a 6 bet wouldn't carry that much weight - like AK/QQ or something !! :D

gg

• edited January 2013
    i see that aswell it was a crazy hand but he did say after ' pre flop i just didnt think you had it'......ended up losing 50% of hs stack with 10 3 tho
  • edited January 2013
    I think what James said was true aswell.

He had been playing a few hands, hitting alot and when he missed he pulled off a few bluffs.

That can go to your head and you start getting involved in hands you don't need to.