You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

fold or call?

do you think the bet on the river he made was a call or fold?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BenalmanSmall blind 200.00200.0015373.75
gillespieBig blind 400.00600.002502.50
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

loolololloRaise 800.001400.0019350.00
subo6226Call 800.002200.0030863.75
atcbob69Fold    
amreesFold    
BenalmanFold    
gillespieFold    
Flop

• J

loolololloBet 800.003000.0018550.00
subo6226Call 800.003800.0030063.75
Turn

loolololloCheck    
subo6226Bet 1200.005000.0028863.75
loolololloCall 1200.006200.0017350.00
River

• J

loolololloCheck    
subo6226Bet 2000.008200.0026863.75
loolololloCall 2000.0010200.0015350.00
subo6226Show
  • Q
  • K

loolololloShow
  • Q
  • A

loolololloWinPair of Jacks10200.00 25550.00

Comments

• edited January 2013

if their is anything i can see being questioned here it is, why do you only min raise UTG with AQ? it's not base so much  on the hand strength but more a case of why such a small bet when your UTG. Here you should be making bets atleast 3xBB if not more.
    with raises like that one preflop all you look to be representing is a small pocket pair or Axs but definately not AQo

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: fold or call?:
    if their is anything i can see being questioned here it is, why do you only min raise UTG with AQ? it's not base so much  on the hand strength but more a case of why such a small bet when your UTG. Here you should be making bets atleast 3xBB if not more. with raises like that one preflop all you look to be representing is a small pocket pair or Axs but definately not AQo
    Posted by craigcu12
    Max bet anywhere on the table is 3xBB unless your a short stack and with eg. AQ you're gonna shove, also with a 3xBB or even min raise, it's cheaper to get off aq pot if you need to... the only time you make larger bets is later in the table or reraise preflop when you might 3 and 4 bet your opponents. So there's nothing wrong with a min raise UTG...you want cutomers to build a pot....
    As for the call on the river.... the caller probs thought you were ''AT IT'' and thought his K high was good..or just didn't think and went click,click....click
  • edited January 2013
    Hi L
    Personally i see nothing wrong with the min raise at these levels(maybe 1000 if keying in). Have not seen all stack sizes but 4 csi in bb could easily rer ai to which you should call. He doesn't and you miss flop but for caller in Hj its not particularly great. Now i think 800 is too small a raise and should be at least half pot. Flush drawis there so make him pay.
    Turn comes and check call to a bet thats less than a third of the pot. What do you think he has now?
    The river is a blank as far as your both concerned otherwise one of you would have raised earlier i think unless there was a convoluted trap. The thing that's in your favour to call is the pot odds your given with two overcards. However i'd expect him to know that Ax is most likely for you so do you look at the small river bet as for value or to try to get you off pot. If the latter then it was too small to my mind. I think less than half pot size bets caused confusion here as they gave you both favourable odds to carry on and try to hit.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: fold or call?:
    Hi L Personally i see nothing wrong with the min raise at these levels(maybe 1000 if keying in). Have not seen all stack sizes but 4 csi in bb could easily rer ai to which you should call. He doesn't and you miss flop but for caller in Hj its not particularly great. Now i think 800 is too small a raise and should be at least half pot. Flush drawis there so make him pay. Turn comes and check call to a bet thats less than a third of the pot. What do you think he has now? The river is a blank as far as your both concerned otherwise one of you would have raised earlier i think unless there was a convoluted trap. The thing that's in your favour to call is the pot odds your given with two overcards. However i'd expect him to know that Ax is most likely for you so do you look at the small river bet as for value or to try to get you off pot. If the latter then it was too small to my mind. I think less than half pot size bets caused confusion here as they gave you both favourable odds to carry on and try to hit.
    Posted by profman15
    i actually put him on a flush draw that he missed i thought his small bets were just blocker bets rather than to get me off the pot when he bet 2k on the river i think he realised he missed and tried to make it look like a value bet