You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was this the right call?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
loolololloSmall blind 150.00150.0013500.00
crackernutBig blind 300.00450.001550.00
 Your hole cards

Poplar134Fold    
johnhammerFold    
TIS-DUDFold    
sabre77Fold    
loolololloCall 150.00600.0013350.00
crackernutAll-in 1550.002150.000.00
loolololloCall 1550.003700.0011800.00
loolololloShow

crackernutShow
  • J
  • K

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

loolololloWinPair of 2s3700.00 15500.00

Comments

• edited January 2013

well had a K J or A came on the river would you be still posting the hand like this then without moaning about the fact it would have become a loosing hand or would you have put it in the brags as if it was a bad loss?

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: was this the right call?:
    well had a K J or A came on the river would you be still posting the hand like this then without moaning about the fact it would have become a loosing hand or would you have put it in the brags as if it was a bad loss?
    Posted by craigcu12
    he was ahead i know that so its not a bad beat im just asking if its worth the call since hes short stacked and my BB is already in
  • edited January 2013
    This has got to be a level
  • edited January 2013
    jeez you peiple still fall for his b.s lol
  • edited January 2013
    EEERMMMMMM!!!!!
  • edited January 2013
    You've got two suited cards pre-flop - easy call.
  • edited January 2013
    You've got two suited cards pre-flop - easy call.
    Posted by shakinaces
    had 10% equity pre if he didnt have pp so its pretty much 50.50
  • edited January 2013
    lol shove pre/fold
  • edited January 2013
    Was this a BH perchance, L?

Looking at it purely mathematically....
    if the eff csi is 3 1/2 you can push unexploitably seventy odd % of hands . As 42s is in the 80-90 percentile then you should not push. Consequently you should not even be in the pot imo.

As an aside, for anyone, with a bh how do you adapt your shoving calling ranges with the bounty?
     For example, possibly by adding 2k in chips to opponents stack as this is what he has for his bounty ie try to convert the bounty to chips.
     I'd be interested to know your thoughts guys.
  • edited January 2013
    Was this a BH perchance, L? Looking at it purely mathematically.... if the eff csi is 3 1/2 you can push unexploitably seventy odd % of hands . As 42s is in the 80-90 percentile then you should not push. Consequently you should not even be in the pot imo. As an aside, with a bh how do you adapt your shoving calling ranges with the bounty?  For example, possibly by adding 2k in chips to opponents stack as this is what he has for his bounty ie try to convert the bounty to chips.  I'd be interested to know your thoughts guys.
    Posted by profman15
    yeah bh
  • edited January 2013
    Was this a BH perchance, L? Looking at it purely mathematically.... if the eff csi is 3 1/2 you can push unexploitably seventy odd % of hands . As 42s is in the 80-90 percentile then you should not push. Consequently you should not even be in the pot imo. As an aside, with a bh how do you adapt your shoving calling ranges with the bounty?  For example, possibly by adding 2k in chips to opponents stack as this is what he has for his bounty ie try to convert the bounty to chips.  I'd be interested to know your thoughts guys.
    Posted by profman15

i open up my calling ranges w/ short stacks if i have a good chipstack and know they dont play tight
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: was this the right call? : i open up my calling ranges w/ short stacks if i have a good chipstack and know they dont play tight
    Posted by loololollo
    Why? You're beating 1 hand in the deck, 32, that's it. Even if he's a complete fruit loop and jams w/e 52o, he has you completely crushed.

You know it's a dreadful call, and if villian had done this to you it would be in BBV talking about how lucky all the fish are