You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

am i right to shove this?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
loolololloSmall blind 500.00500.0020730.00
therodgeBig blind 1000.001500.0022689.76
 Your hole cards

YorkshRoyFold    
010709Fold    
loolololloRaise 1500.003000.0019230.00
therodgeRaise 3000.006000.0019689.76
loolololloCall 2000.008000.0017230.00
Flop

loolololloAll-in 17230.0025230.000.00
therodgeCall 17230.0042460.002459.76
loolololloShow

therodgeShow
  • A
  • A

Turn

• A

River

• J

therodgeWinThree Aces42460.00 44919.76

Comments

• edited January 2013
    No point shoving the flop tbh, what hands better than yours will fold? If they have a set or an overpair they call and you get stacked, if they have a freak underpair you make it easy for them to fold. If they have 2 overs you make them fold when better smaller might give them the opportunity to either call and hope to hit or do something mad like jam.

The way you played it, all better hands call, all worse hands fold = bad/
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: am i right to shove this?:
    No point shoving the flop tbh, what hands better than yours will fold? If they have a set or an overpair they call and you get stacked, if they have a freak underpair you make it easy for them to fold. If they have 2 overs you make them fold when better smaller might give them the opportunity to either call and hope to hit or do something mad like jam. The way you played it, all better hands call, all worse hands fold = bad/
    Posted by Lambert180
    might of got a call from ak or something and didnt mind him folding tbh i needed the chips
  • edited January 2013
    The only way you get called by AK is if...

1) they're bad players

2) They have AK of clubs in which case, I don't really want to get my money in.
  • edited January 2013
    As Lambert said - The way you played it, all better hands call, all worse hands fold = bad.

Some here may disagree but i think the only way your getting paid off is by AK or a flush draw. If they on a flush draw they probobly aint folding and do you really want that race for your tournie life? AK may call you there because the shove looks a little bluffy, your shoving for twice the pot, the other player is always gonna wonder why. However the player calling there with AK would have to be a bit of a bingo player.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: am i right to shove this?:
    say i 3 bet and he calls instead of shoving, hes defo going o shove me on the turn anyway and ive got like 1/2 my stack in so i cant fold really
    Posted by loololollo
    but their is a differance shoving on the flop your still waiting for an A so any set or two pair is still ahead the only hands you beating is a flush draw and 88. and could still loose them on the turn or river to a straight or flush.
    so on the flop i would have did a pot size bet at best and wait until you saw what the turn card was and with it being an A do a 10K chips again and if he shoves you call.
  • edited January 2013
    well the pot is 8K and i have 17K chips left, so what should i do? half pot bet / pot sized bet is really commited so if he shoves it i've got to fold? Also i really don't mind in this situation if he folds, i make +18% roughly to my chip stack
  • edited January 2013
    Dont bet!!

The villian is the preflop raiser, let him do his c-bet, then you can shove over that.

If he doesn't c-bet, then you have a free chance to improve and if he hasn't c-bet, I'd say there's a VERY good chance you have the best hand.

Then you can re-assess on the turn, obviously if the turn is an A, it's a pretty terrible card for us cos his range consists mostly of bigger pairs than us and Ax hands (judging by his 3bet pre)