You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lauren - the story so far.

edited February 2014 in The Rail
In Response to Lauren - the story so far.:
Lauren is the 9 year old daughter of two of our players here on Sky Poker. (Emma & Ian). She had a heart pacemaker fitted 3 years ago, but it has gone wrong, & she needs another operation to fix it. Until then, life is difficult for Lauren, & Mum & Dad. She was due to have her operation before Christmas, but there was a viral outbreak at the Hossie, & it got cancelled. The Members of this Community were magnificent. They sent scores of "get well soon" Messages to Lauren, & several presents & Cards. The Presenters & Analysts signed a card for her. Lisa-Marie even made her a special cake, with "Get Well Lauren" on the top, & someone gave her a CD player. Sky Poker sorted out a few goodie bags, with Caps, stress balls, t-Shirts, all sorts of bits & bobs. These were all presented to Lauren just before Christmas. It's hard to convey in words how thrilled Lauren was. I have a photo of Lauren, but Rules do not permit photos of minors on here, which is understandable, so I can't Upload it. Lauren's re-scheduled operation is scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday. She lives in deepest Wales, near Cwmbran, & the snow was a big worry, as the Hossie is in Bristol. I spoke to Emma this morning, & they have overcome the travel problems. They got a lift to the Railway Station, & were on the Train before 9am, & should be in the Hossie late morning. The operation is scheduled for tomorrow, & Lauren is second on the list, so should go down mid-morning. Please post your Messages to Lauren on this thread. They will make a difference, & mean a great deal. Thank you.
Posted by Tikay10
can't believe I've just read this.....I usually keep myself up to date with all posts... but haven't had much time recently....I read it to my children...I have 5 ranging from 1yr old to 12yr old....all of them who could understand and all of their friends who provide constant traffic throughout our house...of which their are many.... were moved by Lauren's story....and as a whole Lauren you have all our best wishes ....Micky...carol...Travis...soairse...chloe...jack..mitzy...orin...connor...joe..Rihanna...brendy...erin...mary...Christina...Pauline...
Derek...peter/peter....zak...chris...and frances....WE WANT YOU TO DO SO WELL

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Lauren - the story so far.:
    In Response to Lauren - the story so far. : can't believe I've just read this.....I usually keep myself up to date with all posts... but haven't had much time recently....I read it to my children...I have 5 ranging from 1yr old to 12yr old....all of them who could understand and all of their friends who provide constant traffic throughout our house...of which their are many.... were moved by Lauren's story....and as a whole Lauren you have all our best wishes ....Micky...carol...Travis...soairse...chloe...jack..mitzy...orin...connor...joe..Rihanna...brendy...erin...mary...Christina...Pauline... Derek...peter/peter....zak...chris...and frances....WE WANT YOU TO DO SO WELL
    Posted by edge215
    our new year's resoloution to think about you much Lauren