You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Music to look forward to....

edited February 2014 in The Rail
In Response to Re: Music to look forward to....:
The Stranglers doing UK tour in March !!
Posted by JPW33
Cool

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Both really excited and really worried about the new Bowie album.  I'm a massive fan, just worried I'm not going to like it.  Or worse it's going to sound like a swansong akin to Johny Cash's release of 'Hurt.'  You watch that video, the legend might as well be saying 'Take care guys, I'm outta here.'

Other than the Bowie record I will buy whatever Trent Reznor releases and love it as per usual.

A bit off topic but I've just discovered Katzenjammer, probably going to buy their entire back catalogue in the coming days.
  • edited January 2013
    Queens of the stone age. That is all.
  • edited January 2013
    Both really excited and really worried about the new Bowie album.  I'm a massive fan, just worried I'm not going to like it.  Or worse it's going to sound like a swansong akin to Johny Cash's release of 'Hurt.'  You watch that video, the legend might as well be saying 'Take care guys, I'm outta here.' Other than the Bowie record I will buy whatever Trent Reznor releases and love it as per usual. A bit off topic but I've just discovered Katzenjammer, probably going to buy their entire back catalogue in the coming days.
    Posted by TommyD
    Did you listen to the work Trent Reznor did on the Black Ops 2 sound track? I didn't realise he was doing so much 'score' work...

I am a big fan of Bowie too, but I did feel that the single sounded a bit aged... like he was trying to do modern when (I think) he should have done whatever the heck Bowie wants to do!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Music to look forward to.... : Did you listen to the work Trent Reznor did on the Black Ops 2 sound track? I didn't realise he was doing so much 'score' work... I am a big fan of Bowie too, but I did feel that the single sounded a bit aged... like he was trying to do modern when (I think) he should have done whatever the heck Bowie wants to do!
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Got Black Ops 2 but it's still in it's packaging since Christmas (as soon as I hit 50k this month it's getting done).  Yeah I knew he was moving into scores, got the Oscar for the Social Network soundtrack which was so bizarre to watch, didn't expect to see that when I was listening to The Downward Spiral for the millionth time.

Bowie's 'modern' work has been hit and miss TBH.  Earthling is quite patchy, Hours has big question marks over it.  I'll give the new one a shot obviously, have a feeling he's hitting his Johny Cash 'MY Life In Retrospect' stage.  In it's favour is that was one of Cash's best periods.
  • edited January 2013
    Couldn't agree with you more re: late Johnny Cash. Hurt still has to be one of the best cover versions of all time, and was a classic Johnny Cash move - yeah, why not cover NIN when you're a billion years old. Not like he's given much thought about the rules before!

I am going to weep a bit of Bowie's stuff blows harder than Hours though. Mind you, he did have that ropey phase in the mid-80s too, so there's hope.