You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LAST ONE :( To the strains of the Last Post groan)

Hey Barry,

is everything ok?

i know you took some negative feedback for these reminders but they really are great and you do a fantastic job in the community.

i built this area of the forum specifically for threads such as these so i'd hate for it to not get used.

if you are simply not wanting to do these reminders any more then i completely understand.  i just wanted to check your decision hasn't been affected by anything else other than your own personal feelings, time requirements etc etc.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Hi All

Well, all good things must come to an end :( an so it is for your daily reminder for the £300.00 guaranteed deepstack, however, should it be necessary, it can be reborn :), it does cost £22.00 to enter, but you get 5K chipstack and 15 minute blinds, what a fantastic structure, we have 1 player already, and just look who it is, the great man:
    tikay1  5000 
    Good luck 1 and all.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: LAST ONE :(:
    Hey Barry, is everything ok? i know you took some negative feedback for these reminders but they really are great and you do a fantastic job in the community. i built this area of the forum specifically for threads such as these so i'd hate for it to not get used. if you are simply not wanting to do these reminders any more then i completely understand.  i just wanted to check your decision hasn't been affected by anything else other than your own personal feelings, time requirements etc etc.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

Firstly thank you for your concerns, it is greatly apreciated i promise, nah like water off of a ducks back to be honest :), I was having a chat with tikay, funnily enough the day before the negative feedback, pretty much saying that the guaranteed deepy seems safe enough now and would give it 1 more week before bringing an end to the (Spam:) advertising, obviously, I will keep on with the 7pm deepy for the time being (need to do something ;)).

Enjoyed your starring role on telly you media star you ;), thats two of us have been on now.

Thanks once again m8, take care.
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks Barry!! I'm in it..innit x

..With fellow TKO comrades I may add...

So Team Orford.. In the words of your Leader: 

"COME 'n' 'AVE A GO IF YER THINK YER 'ARD ENUFF"

Nuff Said.

x
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks Barry!! I'm in it..innit x
    Posted by Lisa_Long
    Hi Lisa Marie

You are very welcome, of course you are PTP tonight, will there be some fun and games on the DYM,s tonight per chance :)?
  • edited November 2009
    I will enter it tonight as well. Lets try break the record tonight, I think the record is 37? Lets get 40 tonight!!

P.S Just noticed thats post 1000

Get a life flash!!
  • edited November 2009
    I will enter it tonight as well. Lets try break the record tonight, I think the record is 37? Lets get 40 tonight!! P.S Just noticed thats post 1000 Get a life flash!!
    Posted by FlashFlush

N1 Charlie!! Hope to see you there x

Yes Indeed there will Barry :) x
  • edited November 2009
    HI RICH , THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH THE POSTS COUNT !!!
  • edited November 2009

Not decided wether or not i'm playing poker tonight, but if I am, I'm gonna give this another go. Need wrapping up in cotton wool after last nights disaster. Beware of the wounded beast!!!! Be more like andrex puppy tonight!

DOHH

• edited November 2009

I'd just like to add my persional thanks to Barry for all the work he's done in promoting this Tourney on behalf of others.

It used to be £500 Guaranteed, & the numbers gradually fell right down to 12 or 13 per night, & with it, the Guarantee.

Now it almost always gets 20+, & 30+ is not unusual, with Prize Pools often north of £600.

Much of this was down to Barry's selfless hard work - despite the fact he can't afford to play it! - & I for one owe him a debt of gratitude. It was a low point for our Community when he was twice pilloried for his Threads, but he took it like the Big Man he is.

Barry = Proper Bloke, a Bloke's Bloke.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm gonna miss these daily reminders, its really good to see someone taking an interest in the games even though they cant afford to play in them himself.

Thanks for all your hard work Barry, and keep up the good work with the 7.00 game
  • edited November 2009
    Hi tikay and Steve

I can honestly say it has been an honour, and a pleasure to watch the tourney go from strength to strength and now hopefuly survive, you never know, if I keep grinding away at my £3.30 DYM,s and eventualy move up through them, I may get to the £22.00 ones and then may just see my name in the list of players, but until that time, I have still got the rail :), and wish this tourny and all players good luck :)
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks Barry!! I'm in it..innit x ..With fellow TKO comrades I may add... So Team Orford.. In the words of your Leader:  "COME 'n' 'AVE A GO IF YER THINK YER 'ARD ENUFF" Nuff Said. x
    Posted by Lisa_Long
    tut-tut you have to go and lower the tone again Ms Long, you just cant help yourself.

I was thinking about playing this comp but it the field looks like its Burgundy Fields christmas outing :):):):):)
  • edited November 2009
    Hi tikay and Steve I can honestly say it has been an honour, and a pleasure to watch the tourney go from strength to strength and now hopefuly survive, you never know, if I keep grinding away at my £3.30 DYM,s and eventualy move up through them, I may get to the £22.00 ones and then may just see my name in the list of players, but until that time, I have still got the rail :), and wish this tourny and all players good luck :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Well if the £3.30 DYM's don't get you there i'm sure the posters freeroll will lol
  • edited November 2009
    I'm gonna miss these daily reminders, its really good to see someone taking an interest in the games even though they cant afford to play in them himself. Thanks for all your hard work Barry, and keep up the good work with the 7.00 game
    Posted by Kiwini4u

You deserve a ...

...too Steve!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: LAST ONE :( : Well if the £3.30 DYM's don't get you there i'm sure the posters freeroll will lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Lol, I will try, you never know ;)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: LAST ONE :( : You deserve a ... ...too Steve!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Absolutely agree Rich
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: LAST ONE :( : tut-tut you have to go and lower the tone again Ms Long, you just cant help yourself. I was thinking about playing this comp but it the field looks like its Burgundy Fields christmas outing :):):):):)
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Quit your whingeing JaegerORF... If you're not up to the challenge...

However if you think you can stand the pace.. Get INVOLVED... Oh, And keep your cards where we can see 'em ;)

x
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry, couldnt resist adding that extra in the title :)