You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A good trick to do in homegames :)

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
In Response to A good trick to do in homegames :):
Most times i play home games i just go with a m8 and the rest of people i dont know I make out i am new to poker and a lil bit typsy :) So a cash game say 25p/50p blinds max pull up is £100 Im sat down with £30 player 1  folds player 2 next to utg player 3 calls player 4 calls player 5 which is me Before i go all in this is the crucial bit after i look at my cards i say to people i want to sit down with the maximum which is £100 they all say i cant which i already know this :) so i just say oh well ok i just shove player 6 folds the guy who originally raises thinks well he must have aces they other 2 who both call think well he must have the goods with that lil speech so they both fold then i turn over 2 7    is this a good play :)
Posted by IDONKCALLU
Is this an underground game with people guarding the doors with guns!  I like the shove

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Most times i play home games i just go with a m8

and the rest of people i dont know

I make out i am new to poker and a lil bit typsy :)

So a cash game say 25p/50p blinds max pull up is £100

Im sat down with £30

player 1  folds
    player 2 next to utg
    player 3 calls
    player 4 calls
    player 5 which is me Before i go all in this is the crucial bit after i look at my cards i say to people i want to sit down with the maximum which is £100 they all say i cant which i already know this :) so i just say oh well ok i just shove
    player 6 folds

the guy who originally raises thinks well he must have aces they other 2 who both call think well he must have the goods with that lil speech so they both fold

then i turn over 2 7    is this a good play :)
  • edited January 2013
    lol just a clip i just saw so thought i say it :)
  • edited January 2013
    Hi IDCU

This is just like a scam. Poker has a bad reputation with some people and this does nothing to dissuade them, imo. Why not just play others on a level playing field and let 'skill' shine through. Sorry but stinks, imo! Is this really what you need to do to win £20?
    Sorry m8 but this isn't the way to play poker. You don't need 'tricks'.
  • edited January 2013
    bad etiquette right there ;-) I remember on the big game or w/e it's called when Tony G told Hellmuth that he hadn't looked at his cards, when he had and he saw AK, and he shoved, and phil called with a weaker A I think! kicked off!
  • edited January 2013
    Not summit i would do im just saying like id rather win fair n square im just saying i just saw a clip of this and i thought it was kinda bad tbh that y i posted it up

and i do agree proffman it is bad not summit i would do in a homegame as i know id would win most times anyway imjust saying its amzing what stuff can be done in a homegame
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: A good trick to do in homegames :):
    Hi IDCU This is just like a scam. Poker has a bad reputation with some people and this does nothing to dissuade them, imo. Why not just play others on a level playing field and let 'skill' shine through. Sorry but stinks, imo! Is this really what you need to do to win £20? Sorry m8 but this isn't the way to play poker.
    Posted by profman15
    Bad etiquette seriously tilts you doesn't it......first elky, now this :) I don't think it's that bad
  • edited January 2013
    Not summit i would do im just saying like id rather win fair n square im just saying i just saw a clip of this and i thought it was kinda bad tbh that y i posted it up and i do agree proffman it is bad not summit i would do in a homegame as i know id would win most times anyway imjust saying its amzing what stuff can be done in a homegame
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    do you ever stop lol
  • edited January 2013
    This is why i dont play homegames :p i watched the real hustle aswell guy making out hes drunk and gets hes mate to switch deck of cards etc
  • edited January 2013
    bad etiquette right there ;-) I remember on the big game or w/e it's called when Tony G told Hellmuth that he hadn't looked at his cards, when he had and he saw AK, and he shoved, and phil called with a weaker A I think! kicked off!
    Posted by percival09
    I love that clip! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJjPET353hk.  When on tilt best thing to do is to go on youtube and watch Phil Hellmuth clips lol.
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: A good trick to do in homegames :) : Bad etiquette seriously tilts you doesn't it......first elky, now this :) I don't think it's that bad
    Posted by waller02
     Hi W

Fair enough. I'm thinking about going into a monastery for the next six months to get this moral side out of my system :-)....
    Mind, maybe that should have been a 'MOANestery'!!! .....ooooo bad one!!! Cheers fella....
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: A good trick to do in homegames :) :  Hi W Fair enough. I'm thinking about going into a monastery for the next six months to get this moral side out of my system :-).... Mind, maybe that should have been a 'MOANestery'!!! .....ooooo bad one!!! Cheers fella....
    Posted by profman15
    lol......unlike that awful joke there is nowt wrong with a good moan every now and then :)
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by percival09
    ^ This is terrible form, however... I've watched the video on youtube, and I can't help but to find it hilarious. They run it 3 times, when Tony G calls in Phil's Jack which in turn gives him the straight and then needles Phil again. Too funny!
  • edited January 2013
    Phil takes it so well, just doesnt rise to it...

Tony is just a nasty bully who, if he did that against the wrong person would get a good kicking!!!
  • edited January 2013
    Phil takes it so well, just doesnt rise to it... Tony is just a nasty bully who, if he did that against the wrong person would get a good kicking!!!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    +1
  • edited January 2013
    yeah but he obviously wouldn't do it against the wrong person. He did it cos it was vs Phil and it was on tv!
  • edited January 2013
    yeah but he obviously wouldn't do it against the wrong person. He did it cos it was vs Phil and it was on tv!
    Posted by percival09
    All he acheives by this, apart from winning money, is making himself look like an absolute clown

• edited January 2013
    I know. I'm not justifying it, just saying the most likely reasons. Plus it does make for good tv really, even if everyone starts hating on G. 
  • edited January 2013
    I love watching tonyg and hellmuth go into their rants each other on tv makes for good viewing!  Im sure most of it is put on for the tv cameras what goes on between the 2 of them.