You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tough spot against a random

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceNotCarlosSmall blind £0.25£0.25£53.42..........Big blind £0.50£0.75£61.60 Your hole cards1010   bearlytherRaise £1.50£2.25£76.92its-luckFold    NotCarlosFold    ............Call £1.00£3.25£60.60Flop  A7A   ............Check    bearlytherCheck    Turn  A   ..........Bet £2.44£5.69£58.16bearlytherCall £2.44£8.13£74.48River  2   ..............Bet £8.13£16.26£50.03bearlytherRaise £18.00£34.26£56.48........All-in £50.03£84.29£0.0

Comments

• edited January 2013
    w/e call, quads or nothing
  • edited January 2013
    not sure if I raise there. Im not sure you get called by worse. 99 and below folds. 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tough spot against a random:
    not sure if I raise there. Im not sure you get called by worse. 99 and below folds. 
    Posted by mj8bs
    Its definately a raise for value and i dont think them hands do fold.  You ever here of the zebo theory or something like that noone ever folds a full house
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tough spot against a random : Its definately a raise for value and i dont think them hands do fold.  You ever here of the zebo theory or something like that noone ever folds a full house
    Posted by bearlyther
    It's an interesting theory but I bet someone folds a 2 to that river raise.
  • edited January 2013
    im c-betting flop, but as played having under repped your hand so far i like the value raise on the river tbh, and with those pot odds i am not folding
  • edited January 2013

If he's that polarized where's the value in raising the river?

Flat river!
  • edited January 2013
    If he's that polarized where's the value in raising the river? Flat river!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    when he has a 7, i am in the same boat as bearly here random/weak player go nuts with f/h in these spots.

• edited January 2013
    If he makes it £5 on the river then maybe raise for value propably around 11-17 dont think im raising when he pots 

Not calling the shove

if youve called and he shows 78 then withdraw that £32 and spend it wisely
  • edited January 2013
    true pot maybe a call
    don't mind the raise either, just a bummer when oppo shoves

gonna take you too value town with JJ )
  • edited January 2013
    If he makes it £5 on the river then maybe raise for value propably around 11-17 dont think im raising when he pots. Not calling the shove.
    Posted by bolly580
    +1
  • edited January 2013
    it's too thin if you're posting it but w/e.
  • edited January 2013
    true pot maybe a call don't mind the raise either, just a bummer when oppo shoves gonna take you too value town with JJ )
    Posted by rancid
    my first post nuts or nothing is probably not true, (posts of mine seem very contradicting at times :S) he could have JJ but other than a single A, jj is the top of villains range and he played that sheepishly, 99, 88 are there and even a 7, (i am not going to do the math, as its fookin boring) looking at pot odds when we raise if we can say that this guy does this with 88,99 its a call(getting better than 2-1), add a 7 to the mix, (meaning hes a tard) its a snap call.

Bearly played this well imo, folding river is not even close imo (maybe coz im a fish :)).

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tough spot against a random : my first post nuts or nothing is probably not true, (posts of mine seem very contradicting at times :S) he could have JJ but other than a single A, jj is the top of villains range and he played that sheepishly, 99, 88 are there and even a 7, (i am not going to do the math, as its fookin boring) looking at pot odds when we raise if we can say that this guy does this with 88,99 its a call(getting better than 2-1), add a 7 to the mix, (meaning hes a tard) its a snap call. Bearly played this well imo, folding river is not even close imo (maybe coz im a fish :)).
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Depends how good oppo is to raise like this on river w/JJ or even QQ.
    A lot also depends on how they play against Bearly pre and post.
    It could be oppo just puts bearly on the kind of pr he has and abso takes the mick )
    Could even be 88 looking for call from K high or like to fold out better but this is very unlikely imo.

face it we probabaly only beating a bluff or a drunken 7 ) lol
    Given that fact it's a random the shove could be anything, I am just rambling )
    It matters how bad random is, random could equally turn up with 88 or an A )

fink wine with dinner was a mistake

• edited January 2013
    If he makes it £5 on the river then maybe raise for value propably around 11-17 dont think im raising when he pots 
    Posted by bolly580

agree
  • edited January 2013
    I did make the fold in the end up.