You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

LIMPERS!! answer this!

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
ok. in order for you to understand this post refer to my previous post( sitngo help!) 11/1/ 2013 . i refer to limpers in s&gs who,with premium hands AA.KK.AK  etc continue to limp with these hands. can you please tell me why! is trapping the new way to play poker? what is the purpose of this kind of play, and would it happen at the higher end of the game. just curious.

MOD edit: the original thread referred to is HERE

regards. windy

Comments

• edited January 2013
    its old school, doyle brunson would advocate this and it would mainly be used in full ring games(can work short handed too), limping can be a profitable move in tourneys not so much in cash since were always 100bb deep so its less difficult to trap someone.

if you limp in MP late in a tourney, say you have 60bb, the rest at your table have 15-20bb they can easily commit themselves pre if they raise, and they could shove with their stack size! and if you hold kk, ak, aa, etc its great lol, its chips you may not have got if you had raised yourself. As long as your 'limp' does not seem suspicious to your foes then its a great tool, it can back fire! but it works well on aggressive tables.

• edited January 2013
    On the flip side i have started to see more of peeps shoving all in with AK, AA, KK at the beginning of bounty hunters which has caught me out a couple times thinking that the villian has a small pair (both times i had AQ the death hand lol)

Its good to see different ways of playing and my advice would be to add these types of play to your armoury - Keep mixing it up

GL at the tables

• edited January 2013
    Hi W

I think poker is like fashion and strategies will change and evolve in time. The reason is that players are looking to exploit each other so everything is done in respect of others at the table. The reraise suggests a range of hands so players slowplay such hands to suggest other things as the times they come unstuck aren't greater than the times it wins them a monster pot. Poker has trends, i feel.
  • edited January 2013
    works against aggresive players really well
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: LIMPERS!! answer this!:
    works against aggresive players really well
    Posted by loololollo
    Yeah, all the aggressive players are terrified of limpers.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: LIMPERS!! answer this! : Yeah, all the aggressive players are terrified of limpers.
    Posted by BorinLoner

not really + if they were they would raise pre flop, keeping you monster disguised still
  • edited January 2013
    bit of advice dont limp in nothing on here cause get fingers burnt lose all your stack
  • edited January 2013
    It's a bit like arthritis sometimes you limp, sometimes you dont.. Mix it up.
  • edited January 2013
    if you think limpers is bad well they not half as annoying as those who constantly min bet then shove on the river
  • edited January 2013
    if you think limpers is bad well they not half as annoying as those who constantly min bet then shove on the river
    Posted by craigcu12
    Big +1
  • edited January 2013
    On the flip side i have started to see more of peeps shoving all in with AK, AA, KK at the beginning of bounty hunters which has caught me out a couple times thinking that the villian has a small pair (both times i had AQ the death hand lol) Its good to see different ways of playing and my advice would be to add these types of play to your armoury - Keep mixing it up GL at the tables
    Posted by spurs_13
    You think the villian has a small pair and you still call knowing you're behind???
    Any open shove all-in at the beginning of a tourney means AQ is getting binned.
  • edited January 2013
    Limping is the new black!.....because once someone hits online 8 out of 10 will never let go because they never believe you have a hand so you shove a double up!.
    Nb....untill that dreaded river card:)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: LIMPERS!! answer this! : You think the villian has a small pair and you still call knowing you're behind??? Any open shove all-in at the beginning of a tourney means AQ is getting binned.
    Posted by Mohican[/QUOTE

Yep, seems foolish when i read this back - Live and learn :)

• edited January 2013
    Limping utg on an aggressive table can be a very good play, any decent player will modify their play to suit the situation, any rubbish player will be rubbish regardless!