You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Boo...YAAH...YAAH...Boo sky hates me lol

Another day at the office.    2 left big bucks at stake 25 quid for the winner, 15 for second and well hand me the tissues :)
snorky Small blind  1500.00 1500.00 30025.00
CmonChels Big blind  3000.00 4500.00 36475.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

snorky Raise  10500.00 15000.00 19525.00
CmonChels All-in  36475.00 51475.00 0.00
snorky All-in  19525.00 71000.00 0.00
CmonChels Unmatched bet  7950.00 63050.00 7950.00
snorky Show
  • K

CmonChels Show
  • J
  • K

Flop

Turn

River

• Q

CmonChels Win Straight to the King 63050.00  71000.00

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Yeah, how dare you lose when you get it in and are completely crushed preflop!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Boo...YAAH...YAAH...Boo sky hates me lol:
    Yeah, how dare you lose when you get it in and are completely crushed preflop!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Lol so you are supposed to win when you go in ahead pre flop...now that would be a refreshing change. And the boo at the beginning of the headline indicates that. Would of thought I was allowed to raised my expectations with a set of tens after the flop against his gut shot.2 handed k,10 above average worth a punt, definitely trying to induce the re-raise and got outdrawn.
    You never read the title of the post did you?

Be lucky   
  • edited January 2013
    Raise less, then fold to the shove
  • edited January 2013
    Raise less, then fold to the shove
    Posted by seppe
    Huge +1  Big mistake calling a shove with K 10 with your stack size
  • edited January 2013
    raise 2.5x bb fold to all in imo
  • edited January 2013
    raise 2.5x bb fold to all in imo
    Posted by loololollo
    Yep seems like good advice will try that next time.

thought k10 2 handed was worth a punt. Actually wanted him to shove so I could call.
    reckon I got that wrong. 
    cheers for advice seems was backed up by others.

Ta 
  • edited January 2013
    Tbh I disagree with everyone, you have KT, 10xBB and it's HU, I think it's a really easy open shove.

With 10xBB you should be shove or folding regardless so we should be shoving 22 the same as we'd shove AA and the same as we should be shoving 89s and the same as QJo and the same as KTo.

It's jam or fold and this is a jam. And he shouldn't fold, it's just a cooler, HU this is a good spot.
  • edited January 2013
    Tbh I disagree with everyone, you have KT, 10xBB and it's HU, I think it's a really easy open shove. With 10xBB you should be shove or folding regardless so we should be shoving 22 the same as we'd shove AA and the same as we should be shoving 89s and the same as QJo and the same as KTo. It's jam or fold and this is a jam. And he shouldn't fold, it's just a cooler, HU this is a good spot.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yes its a jam or fold, He shudnt b raising to get it in tho. once hes raised all in he shud be folding.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm not sure that he can fold after he's put a third of his stack in tbh, not if we think the opponent is even semi competent. We'll have abuot 40% equity against a half decent jamming range, and he has to call 19k to win 51k.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm not sure that he can fold after he's put a third of his stack in tbh, not if we think the opponent is even semi competent. We'll have abuot 40% equity against a half decent jamming range, and he has to call 19k to win 51k.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I raised to induce the jam as I was happy to shove. So basically if I am going to shove after a re-raise I might as well shove pre?
    Personally I thought k10 HU is always worth shoving but shoving k10 often gets a fold. Intention was to make him think I was at it,he comes over the top and I call his jam. To be honest everything was going swimmingly until I saw his hole cards.

May be over thinking this. Just shoved my 20000 chips on kq on final table 4 left. Got looked up by guy with 24000 chips with A5 and i'm gone. Seems both variants come with a hole slice of luck attached but still do not know which way is best.

SO question is 2.5bet and leave an exit strat or jam and except I may not get action.
    I managed to mess both of these up in two nights :)

still a long way to go.         
  • edited January 2013
    KT is a strong hand HU but it's not strong enough to be trying to induce a shove, remember you're behind to A2.

You should be perfectly happy to see him fold when you shove, when stacks are this shallow, every shove that gets through is a real boost to your stack and a knock to his.

When stacks are like this, and hands like KT, if you intend to call if he shoves over the top, then definitely jsut shove yourself, you want to give yourself the maximum fold equity.
  • edited January 2013
    KT is a strong hand HU but it's not strong enough to be trying to induce a shove, remember you're behind to A2. You should be perfectly happy to see him fold when you shove, when stacks are this shallow, every shove that gets through is a real boost to your stack and a knock to his.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I will adopt this Lambert thankyou. Just shoved K7 HU and got called by ace 5 another second for me. Still another 13 quid in my br. (I know it's small but have turned 7 quid into 44 in two days)   
    Will get this HU sorted soon and win one. Must be doing somthing Right with 4th,4th,2nd just can't quite get there.

Thxs again snorky   
  • edited January 2013
    Yeah I dunno what you're playing but very impressive to be even getting to HU multiple times in a small period of time.

K7 still has a 40% chance of beating A5 so if he folds 1 in 10 times (10%) the shove becomes break even, You're average joe  HU shortstack probably folds to shoves much more like 1 in 3 times at least, which is why shoving a wide range is so good.

In your hand above, imagine you shove and he folds 4-5 times in a row which is perfectly believable (happens all the time against bad players)  suddenly you have near 50k and he has abuot 20k, now you're really in the driving seat.