You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Big Fish

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all, don't you think it's a bout time that all the big fish should be rewarded. I've been playing for as long as sky poker has been on air (and when it was UK Poker before), putting my 20-25 quid every month and never winning a bean (ok, the oddd 35p game and the odd bh). isn't time for aan event that rewards us big fishes that keep the regular and more proficient players able to earn enough to go into the bigger tourneies. 

Love playing the game but not quite enough to be able to read the game. Doesn;t stop me from enjoying the odd win or bounty and enjoying the bad beats as well as the great escapes.

So what about it Sky Poker, a tourney specially for the regular loses - say free entry into a couple of the 10k bounty hunters?? Or 100 added to our balance in order to keep the little cogs able to keep the bigger cogs turning?? 

Comments

• edited January 2013
    sky are a business not a charity, 25 pound a month, big wow, 
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Faraway. I know SKY give away alot of free entries to MTTs on the channell with quizes and such and  also on facebook and twitter.
    Perhaps you could try and win one.
    I hope to see you in one soon (and not because you say you are a fish) .
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: The Big Fish:
    sky are a business not a charity, 25 pound a month, big wow, 
    Posted by THEROCK573
    agree with the first part, but why again do you continually have to have a go at people just because they play or can only AFFORD to play with such amounts, or play purely for fun
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: The Big Fish : agree with the first part, but why again do you continually have to have a go at people just because they play or can only AFFORD to play with such amounts, or play purely for fun
    Posted by scouse_red
    +1 Was thinking the same.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: The Big Fish : agree with the first part, but why again do you continually have to have a go at people just because they play or can only AFFORD to play with such amounts, or play purely for fun
    Posted by scouse_red
    I don't think the Rock is having a pop at FARAWAY simply because he's a low stakes player. I think he's bemused that FARAWAY is suggesting that he should be compensated for paying £25 a month with a £33 tournament ticket.

I don't think people are abused for being small stakes players very often, either. I think some people have a chip on their shoulder but most are nice enough. I also think that some low-stakes players are too defensive and assume that experienced players that take issue with their point of view are actually taking issue with them personally because they're a low stakes player.

Anyway FARAWAY, there are plenty of freerolls knocking around. Not exactly high stakes stuff but as someone else has said, there are competitions that you can enter. I don't think any poker site will ever reward players just for being long-term losers but there are opportunities on Sky for anyone. Try messaging the show tonight and entering the competition.
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by scouse_red[/
    it wasnt a dig at how much he can afford but im sure theres people out there who top there account with a lot more than 25 pound a month and u dont see them begging. when i first started out playing on this site back in the day i was prob loosing 25 pound a day so for him to ask for money and free entries for just 25 pound a month is crazy.
  • edited January 2013
    Guys, it was a bit tongue in cheek and meant to make someone smile - don't fret, it's cool.

But if SKY want to give me entry...:)
  • edited January 2013
    I took it as Tongue in cheek. I hope the response  by some doesn't put you off posting more.
    We need some people on here with a sense of humour.
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    If only I could get my AA to hold up Just Once for every £25 I spend on here, that would be reward enough for me lol :)

Anyway - Good luck at the tables FARAWAY - lets hope you win a freeby soon and get a shot at the BIG ONE - Keep at it m8y.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to The Big Fish:
    Hi all, don't you think it's a bout time that all the big fish should be rewarded. I've been playing for as long as sky poker has been on air (and when it was UK Poker before), putting my 20-25 quid every month and never winning a bean (ok, the oddd 35p game and the odd bh). isn't time for aan event that rewards us big fishes that keep the regular and more proficient players able to earn enough to go into the bigger tourneies.  Love playing the game but not quite enough to be able to read the game. Doesn;t stop me from enjoying the odd win or bounty and enjoying the bad beats as well as the great escapes. So what about it Sky Poker, a tourney specially for the regular loses - say free entry into a couple of the 10k bounty hunters?? Or 100 added to our balance in order to keep the little cogs able to keep the bigger cogs turning?? 
    Posted by FARAWAY
    who could win it if your all losers?
  • edited January 2013
    This post did make me smile - Shame about the responses.