You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum special...adjusted strategy

I think you've neglected to tell us your hand, profman... It's a fairly important piece of information. :)

Comments

• edited January 2013

TOURNAMENT: Forum Special leg 3 where top two scores get to final.. Knew that I needed two scores total <11

READS: Saw  CO call w/ AJo in similar pos and stack size in another T. Both players in pot are good solid regs who are capable of making plays.

MY HAND: JJ

Blinds: 25/50

Stack sizes      me 1680, CO 1550, all others larger than 2k

MP  R3x, CO RER to 350. I look to call, hoping for a call then poss shove non Ace flop. Unfortunately, Mp rer’s AI 2037, Co calls remaining stack (pot =4162).

I decided pre in such a quick T to take my chance as considered strategy as top 2 scores count.. Expected AK from MP  and hoped for a fancy play suited connector from MP. Wasn’t to be as AA.

PS I needed to put in 1335 to win 4995 (taking away the unmatched part of the bet from MP bigger stack).

QUESTIONS:

Was this too early for a desperation play?

Do my opps ss show that I’m at least looking at overpair? Now MP probably means yes as 1200 isn’t despareate enough.

Would you have AI’d pre and hoped for the fold or just called and then folded after the AI and call.?

If only one had AI’d would you have called it?

Should the favourable pot odds have any effect on my decision?(it did contribute to my decision from the point of view of having a monster pot)

TBH, I think I fell In love with my hand and just decided to take the chance to catch and so probably guarantee a FT. Probably a poor play looking back.

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Forum special...adjusted strategy:
    I think you've neglected to tell us your hand, profman... It's a fairly important piece of information. :)
    Posted by BorinLoner
     Cheers Borin...so much so for creating a template as my cut n paste has stopped working, eh? I thought it was time "Lol...." had some competition in the clinic and people had chance to writesomething other than "Don't limp pre" in their answers(No offence L)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Forum special...adjusted strategy:
    TOURNAMENT: Forum Special leg 3 where top two scores get to final.. Knew that I needed two scores total <11 READS: Saw  CO call w/ AJo in similar pos and stack size in another T. Both players in pot are good solid regs who are capable of making plays. MY HAND: JJ Blinds: 25/50 Stack sizes       me 1680, CO 1550, all others larger than 2k MP   R3x, CO RER to 350. I look to call, hoping for a call then poss shove non Ace flop. Unfortunately, Mp rer’s AI 2037, Co calls remaining stack (pot =4162). I decided pre in such a quick T to take my chance as considered strategy as top 2 scores count.. Expected AK from MP   and hoped for a fancy play suited connector from MP. Wasn’t to be as AA. PS I needed to put in 1335 to win 4995 (taking away the unmatched part of the bet from MP bigger stack). QUESTIONS: Was this too early for a desperation play? Do my opps ss show that I’m at least looking at overpair? Now MP probably means yes as 1200 isn’t despareate enough. Would you have AI’d pre and hoped for the fold or just called and then folded after the AI and call.? If only one had AI’d would you have called it? Should the favourable pot odds have any effect on my decision?(it did contribute to my decision from the point of view of having a monster pot) TBH, I think I fell In love with my hand and just decided to take the chance to catch and so probably guarantee a FT. Probably a poor play looking back.
    Posted by profman15
    Hi profman

If it were me I would just ship it after MP raises and I want to get called.

W