You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My Cash Champ Challenge/ Turning £100 Into £1000 On Cash Tables Before 28th. Currently &#1

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Nice bit of profit to start your challenge, good luck will keep an eye on this to see how you do.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    After seeing this competition and have decided to give it a go... I'm a pretty successful tournament player on the site but would consider myself an inexperienced cash player.. but this competition gives me the impetus to try and become at least an average cash player over the next 2 weeks.. I will be playing 0.10/0.20 and will only ever be playing 2 tables, im going to try and put in 5/6 hours a day and hope that will be enough for me to feature on the leaderboard. I would really welcome anyones input and advice on whether they think i will be able to make the leaderboard with the stakes/tables im playing...

I Have had a fairly succesful day so far turning my £40 into £157.28 and amassing roughly 150 c4p

I will try to update this eachday, until the end of the month... If i make a profit then i may even move into cash games on a regular basis.

• edited January 2013
    Judging by the recent competition that ran similar to this (Kings of Cash), 2tabling will not be enough. Alot of the top players  in the leaderboard even the low stakes ones were 6tabling and more than 6 hours a day.

Also if you wanna get on it, I'd suggest sticking to 10NL (5p/10p) cos playing 20NL (10p/20p) means you'll be in the same category as people playing much higher stakes and earning WAY more points than you.

Either way, good luck.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: My Cash Champ Challenge:
    Nice bit of profit to start your challenge, good luck will keep an eye on this to see how you do.
    Posted by benc

Thanks a lot
  • edited January 2013
    Judging by the recent competition that ran similar to this (Kings of Cash), 2tabling will not be enough. Alot of the top players  in the leaderboard even the low stakes ones were 6tabling and more than 6 hours a day. Also if you wanna get on it, I'd suggest sticking to 10NL (5p/10p) cos playing 20NL (10p/20p) means you'll be in the same category as people playing much higher stakes and earning WAY more points than you. Either way, good luck.
    Posted by Lambert180

thanks for your post. I will see how im fairing after the first few days. If im way off then i will move up to the top end of the middle category, if after a few days im fairly confident i may move up to 4 tables but right now i just dont find it profitable although i do realise it will be something I will have to master to become a profitable cash player long term.
  • edited January 2013
    play nl10 and play more tables to have a chance - gl
  • edited January 2013
    Good Luck in your challenge.

In terms of volume, most regs 6+table, so i think you might have to up your volume to compete.
  • edited January 2013
    gl buddy,

don't even think about going for it playing 2 tables,well the win that is.
    too many players will be multi-tabling 6+ tables.
    carry on as you are and play to win each session would be my advice.
    ps;just noticed you said you are looking to make leader boad...
    that's possible,but playing nl10 will give you a better chance imo. gl

played 9 tables tonight, a mix of nl 10 and nl8...didn't even know about the comp untill i'd finished.

i've just entered.i'll deffo be giving it a shot i think.
    i'll play every night and some days too...probably 5 or 6 hours a session minimum.i'll now also be playing up to 18 tables from tomorrow.  lol

(* *)
       ^
    gl
    dev
  • edited January 2013
    yeh have to say 20nl u lose ot harder grinders drop to 10nl play like 3 tablles
     gl 
  • edited January 2013
    don't overdo yourself playing too many tables when you can't manage yet. F the promo. just play your A game 2 tabling and make profit $$$$$$$. rakerace = play bad for a lot of players.

players tend to get caught up in getting into the top spots of rakeback, when it's prob not worth it when they're playing like complete fools and losing their br in the process
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks for all your comments, as Percival said, what i will be concentrating on is making a profit at cash as it is something I have struggled with in the past, and also with this new promotion I'm hoping it brings more recreational players to the tables to make my job a little bit easier. If i find myself still making profit after a few more sessions i will move up to 3 tables then 4, 5 etc until i think it is starting to hamper my game, getting on this lederboard isn't my target it would just be a bonus to do so in my opinion, becoming a profitable csh player on the other hand is definitely a target.

I finished yesterday + £167.26          I may move up to 0.15/0.30 as it makes more sense it terms of c4p
  • edited January 2013

Well done Jordz.

Don't forget, you wil need to Opt In, if you have not already done so.
  • edited January 2013
    Good luck in your challenge my advice is playing more tables and more hrs

i played the kings of cash promo and was on 8-10 hrs a day playing 4 tables and managed 12th in the league saying that i didnt play the last few days as i burnt out good luck with it tho hope u make priority and get the c4p u need
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks for all your advice, today I put in a 5 hour  grind on 2/3 tables playing 0.10/0.20 and 0.15/.30 and although i did'nt do quite as well as yesterday (beginners luck maybe) i still turned over a profit so I still count that as progress, also i checked the leaderboard for the cash champs challenge and have seen that im seventh in the middle tier which i am very happy about considering i wasnt too sure i would make the top 40 by only playng 2 tables... i will have another session later tonight and may try moving up to 4 tables if all is going well. 

Today +42.12            overall for this competition +209.38
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks for all your comments, as Percival said, what i will be concentrating on is making a profit at cash as it is something I have struggled with in the past, and also with this new promotion I'm hoping it brings more recreational players to the tables to make my job a little bit easier. If i find myself still making profit after a few more sessions i will move up to 3 tables then 4, 5 etc until i think it is starting to hamper my game, getting on this lederboard isn't my target it would just be a bonus to do so in my opinion, becoming a profitable csh player on the other hand is definitely a target. I finished yesterday + £167.26          I may move up to 0.15/0.30 as it makes more sense it terms of c4p
    Posted by jordz16
    Sadly the truth is probably going to be the complete opposite... more likely there will be 'regs' on every table every minute of the day, but then regs doesn't mean unbeatable, you just gotta find different ways to beat them.
  • edited January 2013
    Today i moved on to 4 tables at 0.10/0.20  for an hour or so... this was probably the worst hour of my week so far lost a couple of buy ins and felt like i had no edge on my opponents, I respect lots of people are great multi-tablers out there by i am certainly not in that bracket. I play for enjoyment but also to make money, I decided to revert back to my standard two tables at 0.15/0.30 and after a few hours i had turned my £60 into just under £200 so i have decided to just stick to two tables for about 6/7 hours a day and concentrate on making profit and if i feature on the leaderboard at the end of the fortnight then great 

Im unsure of my exact profit at the moment as i dabbled in a few tournies and all in sats last night but i do know i had £100 in my account on monday and i Currently have £378 at the moment so my new target is stick to cash and turn it into £1000 by the 28th. Anyway thanks again for the comments and hope to see you on the cash tables!
  • edited January 2013
    gl as you probabaly know the way your approaching the cash game you may find it a bit swingy if your moving up stakes to chase lost money.

Your kind of hoping to run good if you do this and you may just end up losing more money if things run against you.

but good luck, so far so good - enjoy it

+1 for cutting number of tables if things arn't working

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: My Cash Champ Challenge/ Turning £100 Into £1000 On Cash Tables Before 28th. Currently £362:
    gl as you probabaly know the way your approaching the cash game you may find it a bit swingy if your moving up stakes to chase lost money. Your kind of hoping to run good if you do this and you may just end up losing more money if things run against you. but good luck, so far so good - enjoy it +1 for cutting number of tables if things arn't working
    Posted by rancid

thanks for your post, yeah im aware i could well bust but as i see it this is my first real crack at cash and if i lose my original £100 then so be it, it isnt a problem. I know long term it's best to have 30-100 buy ins in your account but i'm just trying to make as much as possible in 2 weeks if i hit my target then i may think about playing cash for more regularly.. if i crash out then i can just revert back to Mtt's 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: My Cash Champ Challenge/ Turning £100 Into £1000 On Cash Tables Before 28th. Currently £362:
    In Response to Re: My Cash Champ Challenge/ Turning £100 Into £1000 On Cash Tables Before 28th. Currently £362 : thanks for your post, yeah im aware i could well bust but as i see it this is my first real crack at cash and if i lose my original £100 then so be it, it isnt a problem. I know long term it's best to have 30-100 buy ins in your account but i'm just trying to make as much as possible in 2 weeks if i hit my target then i may think about playing cash for more regularly.. if i crash out then i can just revert back to Mtt's 
    Posted by jordz16
    can be done, with some run good + capable play

have fun
  • edited January 2013
    Just an update for my own records really, been 2 tabling for a few hours and again made quite a nice profit, i don't know wheter to congratulate myself on my results or to warn myself that maybe im coming up against softer opponents due to the current cash competition...does anyone out there playing mid stakes cash think the games are easier or harder this week as i would like to see how im comparing.

currently on £542 after starting with 100 so im already half way to my target after just 3 days, im hoping i continue to run well