You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Show or No Show?

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

Just a reminder that there is NOT a Live Show on Channel 861 tonight.

The Live Show schedule will resume on Thursday & thereafter as usual.

Hopefully, we will have an excellent guest, maybe TWO excellent guests, lined up for Thursday's Show.

Swings & swongs.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Show or No Show?:
    Good morning. Just a reminder that there is NOT a Live Show on Channel 861 tonight. The Live Show schedule will resume on Thursday & thereafter as usual. Hopefully, we will have an excellent guest, maybe TWO excellent guests, lined up for Thursday's Show.   Swings & swongs.
    Posted by Tikay10
    So that will be Michael Bubble and his mate Robbie, coupled with Graeme Swan and the ex Leeds legend Peter Swan???
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Show or No Show?:
    In Response to Show or No Show? : So that will be Michael Bubble and his mate Robbie, coupled with Graeme Swan and the ex Leeds legend Peter Swan???
    Posted by joesman1
    Morning Joe.

I thought Peter Swan was the lad who played for Sheffield Wednesday, & got himself an 8 year ban for a bit of naughty business?
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Show or No Show?:
    In Response to Re: Show or No Show? : Morning Joe. I thought Peter Swan was the lad who played for Sheffield Wednesday, & got himself an 8 year ban for a bit of naughty business?
    Posted by Tikay10

That's was a different one Tikay, 1960's wasn't it?? This Peter Swan played for Leeds in the 80's. He was basically a poor centre back who got pushed up front when we needed a late goal. And when we were really really struggling, played up front from the start on a few occasions. Yep, your Peter Swan was far more famous to anyone not following Leeds in the old Division 2. 
  • edited January 2013

"My" Peter Swan, yeah, he was VERY famous at the time, but he, Peter Kay & David Layne (?) all got involved in a bit of hows yer father & it came out on top.

Sir Alf Ramsey had said, prior to the scandal, that he would be a certainty to be in the England team, which later went on to win the World Cup.

The coup was, reportedly, to "throw" a game away to Ipswich Town, & Ipswich duly won it, though Peter reckoned they won on merit, but he would have deliberately conceded a penalty if he had needed to.

Quite a major story at the time.

Peter paid his bill (prison), was rehabilitated, returned to football as a player, then a manager, & eventually ran a boozer in Chesterfield.

Tragically, his son died very young, & Peter is now not a well man, he has Alzheimers I believe, poor soul.

• edited January 2013
    Hello Tikay, hope all is well.

If you remember quite a long time ago I won the HU comp and was allowed an £11 tuuesday tourney ticket, but I was too busy to use it.

Any chance of having it now? :)