You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tourament to cash

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
hi guys just looking for sum advice concerning moving from tournament to cash.. I play a lot of dym and bounty hunters and I was thinking of trying the low stakes cash any advice

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to tourament to cash:
    hi guys just looking for sum advice concerning moving from tournament to cash.. I play a lot of dym and bounty hunters and I was thinking of trying the low stakes cash any advice
    Posted by ICEMAN_14
    hi ice...
    yes read my diary....a new year..a new game..CASH  (in poker chat section)that would be a start...
    as i am in the same boat.  lol

i've just started playing cash after playing dym last year.
    the hardest thing for me was getting the bet sizing big enough,which i'm still only just getting to grips with.

i've posted my worst losing hands up and i've had some excellent advice back, which has helped my game 1,000% i'd say.might be worth a look.

gl might see you at a table
    :)
    dev

• edited January 2013
    This is only a very general rule but something tournament players who are new to cash forget...

Sounds stupid but remember you are 100xBB, just the same as you will be at the start of a lot of MTTs, and yet people stack off TONS lighter than they would ever dream of stacking off in the first level of an MTT.

Post hands in the clinic

Plan what you're gonna do ahead of it happening (think if he calls my 3bet what do I do, if he 4bets, what do I do. When I c/raise the flop, what do I do if he jams, if he just calls what am I gonna do on the turn). Have answers to these questions before you actually do the first action.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: tourament to cash:
    This is only a very general rule but something tournament players who are new to cash forget... Sounds stupid but remember you are 100xBB, just the same as you will be at the start of a lot of MTTs, and yet people stack off TONS lighter than they would ever dream of stacking off in the first level of an MTT. Post hands in the clinic Plan what you're gonna do ahead of it happening (think if he calls my 3bet what do I do, if he 4bets, what do I do. When I c/raise the flop, what do I do if he jams, if he just calls what am I gonna do on the turn). Have answers to these questions before you actually do the first action.
    Posted by Lambert180
    thanks for the advice lambert ill try doing just that plan my actions.. thanks for the advice...