You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Final Table bubble

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Should i have just jammed pre?
Was trying to isolate the small stack , expecting everyone else to fold.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
wolvesf474 Small blind   1500.00 1500.00 52904.00
xxx
Big blind   3000.00 4500.00 117410.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

barchester Call   3000.00 7500.00 7802.00
VespaPX Raise   12000.00 19500.00 45563.00
wolvesf474 Fold        
xxx
Call   9000.00 28500.00 108410.50
barchester Fold        
Flop

xxx
Check        
VespaPX Bet   14250.00 42750.00 31313.00
xxx
Raise   42750.00 85500.00 65660.50
VespaPX All-in   31313.00 116813.00 0.00
xxx
Call   2813.00 119626.00 62847.50
xxx
Show
  • K

VespaPX Show
  • A
  • A

Turn

River

xxx
Win Flush to the King 119626.00   182473.50

Comments

• edited January 2013
    You played it fine, i would actually make it slightly less preflop as want people in the pot... 9k would be enough. 

Jamming on a ft bubble is only going to get you action from the other big stacks if they have a hand. It's not terrible imo, in this instance as the small stack who limped should call a jam, but i prefer trying to maximise value from the AA in this spot.

Just unlucky with the run-out here.

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Final Table bubble:
    You played it fine, i would actually make it slightly less preflop as want people in the pot... 9k would be enough.  Jamming on a ft bubble is only going to get you action from the other big stacks if they have a hand. It's not terrible imo, in this instance as the small stack who limped should call a jam, but i prefer trying to maximise value from the AA in this spot. Just unlucky with the run-out here.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Cheers for the reply Hoggers :-)
  • edited January 2013
    yeah would prob raise less on flop pretty dry board doubt hes got an open ended straight draw due to pre flop raise, if he had a PP he would jam it anyway on this board so yeah  but ul
  • edited January 2013
    Preflop I actually like it. it's only 4x & I think raising only 3 x could get more callers, especially given their stacks. Not sure that a multi-way pot will be much fun. I think the Jam on the flop is risky as at that stage, you're only getting called by two pair or a set, OR top pair with a backdoor flush draw ( which is exactly what you wanted)
    I think on a board of 4 7 9 rainbow you can afford to charge for a turn card & re-evaluate. I think by the looks of it though, they would have called whatever once the turn heart came down anyway.

Unfortunately this time you lucked out, but if you did it all again the same you'd be well in.

( a quick calculation shows that you were a 77.98% favourite on the flop!  Just bad luck.)
  • edited January 2013
    Preflop I actually like it. it's only 4x & I think raising only 3 x could get more callers, especially given their stacks. Not sure that a multi-way pot will be much fun. I think the Jam on the flop is risky as at that stage, you're only getting called by two pair or a set, OR top pair with a backdoor flush draw ( which is exactly what you wanted) I think on a board of 4 7 9 rainbow you can afford to charge for a turn card & re-evaluate. I think by the looks of it though, they would have called whatever once the turn heart came down anyway. Unfortunately this time you lucked out, but if you did it all again the same you'd be well in. ( a quick calculation shows that you were a 77.98% favourite on the flop!  Just bad luck.)
    Posted by PuppetJack
    Cheers for your feedback Jack.
    The 4x was for the reason you stated about a multi-way pot.
    Never mind theres always next time!
    Cheers
    Mick
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Final Table bubble : Cheers for your feedback Jack. The 4x was for the reason you stated about a multi-way pot. Never mind theres always next time! Cheers Mick
    Posted by VespaPX
    The thing is... you say it could be multiway, but it wont often, due to the situation.

I would be min raising if the limper utg had folded. So making it a 3x to ~9k is the same difference imo. 

Something has occurred to me tho, is this a BH? If so, i think we can look at shoving pre as people make daft calls in BH's... 
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Final Table bubble : The thing is... you say it could be multiway, but it wont often, due to the situation. I would be min raising if the limper utg had folded. So making it a 3x to ~9k is the same difference imo.  Something has occurred to me tho, is this a BH? If so, i think we can look at shoving pre as people make daft calls in BH's... 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    No it was in one of the DTD's last night
  • edited January 2013
    Hi V

I don't see what more you could do TBH. TBF, Barchester doesn't have a stack to call/fold and should be pushing with csi<3 something like 35% of the time. I wonder whether you didn't 4x  as you expected  him to call and didn't want too many other taking a punt with hands exactly like K9s . Personally i don't call raise of 4x in bb.
    You make a half pot bet and he raises ai w TPGK. Nothing you could do.

• edited January 2013
    raise less pre and bet less on the flop

you can even just min raise pre w/ stacks cos the limper is pretty much ineffective cos he has like 3bb, so just forget about him really lol. 4xing is just v.bad.

bet like 8k otf imo, and thats with our entire cbetting range here, not just cos we have aa. and it's because it's a super dry board and our stack is shallow, so it gives villain opportunity to hang himself or do something stupid, and we can also bet the turn this way too instead of just shoving

villain can have loads of 1 pair hands, draws etc.. obv snap call for you 

also, you want more callers with aa!! we don't want them to fold. stack sizes are so low that we can just m/r, or just make it like 2.2x, so around 7k or w/e, but it makes little difference. even 3x is too much imo
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks for your replys guys , all duly noted.
    Cheers