You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL4 Line Check: Flopped FD+GS+Over

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Got called a "Bingo Fish" by half the table for the shove here, including the guy stacking off with K5o from SB, can I just get a sanity check here and opinions?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceeasthope05Small blind £0.02£0.02£4.06bustout44Big blind £0.04£0.06£19.204KING_NUTSBig blind £0.04£0.10£3.16 Your hole cards10A   step7Raise £0.16£0.26£6.274KING_NUTSFold    allanaus23Call £0.16£0.42£1.96easthope05Call £0.14£0.56£3.92bustout44Fold    Flop  KJ2   easthope05Bet £0.56£1.12£3.36step7All-in £6.27£7.39£0.00allanaus23Fold    easthope05All-in £3.36£10.75£0.00step7Unmatched bet £2.35£8.40£2.35easthope05ShowK5   step7Show10A   Turn  3   River  10   easthope05WinPair of Kings£7.77 £7.77

Comments

• edited January 2013
    slap those expert 4nl playerz. don't ship the flop just raise to keep his range in cos we have a monsteeeeeeeer
  • edited January 2013
    We not that far ahead on the flop! I figured 60/40 at the time assuming he was at best donking some pair or lamo draw, but it's a bit lower than that (and even lower still as he's got one of my flush cards).

How much would you reraise? Are we trying to induce a shove from the villian?

What's the plan for the turn? It will invariably brick for me, my equity in the hand has now fizzled to 30odd% and all my fold equity (if such a thing exists at NL??) has gone with a villain with half his stack in.

Will this guy still stack off on the turn if the flush lands? (Probably YES :) )
  • edited January 2013
    good questions from a 4nl player? and a 4nl player who can spell and knows where the caps lock button is????? excessive amounts of red bull must be deceiving my eyes

yah we're not that far ahead when we get to showdown, but he can be donking much worse than tp and we have so much equity on the flop that we just need to get it in vs a random 4nl donk bet. so then it's either shipping or std raise, shipping basically narrows our hand down to pretty much what it is, which isn't necesserily too bad but by raising to like £1.60 we can sometimes get called by gut shots at 4nl and weak jacks or something when he might just fold to an all in, and then just ship any card on the turn to make it more +ev imo. and even if it doesn't make much difference in terms of ev, it still balances our range for when we have like top set here, YES I KNOW THAT DOESNT MATTER AT 4NL BUT ITS GOOD FOR PEOPLE TO START LEARNING NOW OK

yeah we're happy if he ships, but if he calls we're also happy cos we're getting more value from lower pairs and if we ship otf he might even find a fold with a lower flush draw or 10Q say, but by raising smaller he's more likely to peel and then level himself into being pot commited and call off ott.

and yes ofc he'll stack off ott
  • edited January 2013
    Your basically flipping at best

don't love it, don't hate it - assuming oppo doesn't fold when they donk pot u have no FE

U can call, esp if u think oppo will stack off
  • edited January 2013
    raise to get it in = standard