You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash Champ 50nl in upper tier mistake?

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Just seen the cash champ promotion on the site their now and i noticed that 50nl is classed as being in the upper tier surely this must be a mistake and it should be in the middle tier. I finished 8th i think it was in the last kings of cash promotion in October playing 50nl and it was classed as the middle tier back then.  

This puts the 50nl players at a big disadvantage as they wont be able to compete with the likes of style etc on top of the pots every week etc.  So a 50nl player will actually earn less through this promotion than someone playing at the lower stakes.  Eg i could play 50nl and min cash around the 40th mark for £17 or i could play 5p-10p finish first and win £500.

Comments

• edited January 2013

all the tiers have changed from last promotion i think.

last time nl20 was in lower tier now it's in middle.

i actually think it's better for the smaller players and worse for the bigger players like yourself.

think you need to decide which category to go for,maybe.

gl
    :)
    dev

• edited January 2013
    I wnt be doing this i remember the last cash promo i was on like 10 hrs a day 4 tabling to get £36 bonus well got priority aswell but it done me in burned me out couldnt play for a few days after lol good luck tho m8
  • edited January 2013
    On the promo page it says the upper tier only consists of 50nl and 100nl, so any points earned at 200nl+ will not count towards the promotion. 
  • edited January 2013
    It's better for some.
  • edited January 2013
    No offence to OP, but this seems like a pretty whack thread.
    I didnt see Bearly complain last time round the brackets were unfair for 20nl and 30nl players in the medium tier. What if you were a 20nl + 30nl grinder? Would you still think the changes are unfair?

Thead = OP upset that new brackets favour other players over him.

Do I think the promo should be calculated on HANDS PLAYED in a certain bracket, therefore levelling the playing field between stakes, within their respective tiers?
    Yes.
    Do I think that the payout structure between Low, Medium and High is rediculously disproportionate?
    Yes.
    (e.g. £300 for the winners of the 4NL <-- /> 10NL bracket (30BI for 1st)
    while £875 for the winner of the 50NL <-- /> 100NL bracket (8.75BI for 1st))
    Do I think the promo is intentionally bias, or that the brackets arn't fair?
    No.

There are problems with the promo, agreed. But having said that, a promo that needs work is better than no promo at all, and that despite it's shortcomings i'm still grateful for it.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to The real flaws in the Cash Champ promotion.:
    Thead = OP upset that new brackets favour other players over him. 
    Posted by Smitalos

Yes thats exactly what its about 50nl should be considered middle tier.  Higher tier should be considered 100nl+
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: The real flaws in the Cash Champ promotion.:
    In Response to The real flaws in the Cash Champ promotion. : Yes thats exactly what its about 50nl should be considered middle tier.  Higher tier should be considered 100nl+
    Posted by bearlyther
    Why?

What's wrong with the tiers the way they are at the moment? Your argument holds no weight if you're just going to say, "The promotion suited me last time, so I didn't mind. This time round it isn't tailored to suit me, so now I'm kicking up a fuss."
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: The real flaws in the Cash Champ promotion.:
    In Response to Re: The real flaws in the Cash Champ promotion. : Why? What's wrong with the tiers the way they are at the moment? Your argument holds no weight if you're just going to say, "The promotion suited me last time, so I didn't mind. This time round it isn't tailored to suit me, so now I'm kicking up a fuss."
    Posted by Smitalos

lol welcome to the dark side.

if you try and get people to justify anything with logic and reason GL.

this promotion clearly isn't aimed at the higher players.

Much of the community seem to feel they deserve free stuff, and a free and easy gravy train. Watch out they'll start reporting your posts trying to get you banned so they can continue to bring nothing to the forum whilst moaning that things aren't aimed at specifically benefiting them.

If you come into a discussion with a well thought out logical, justified argument you get met with 'BUT I'M THE MOST IMPORTANT'. It's mind numbing. 
  • edited January 2013
    I will still play 50nl during the promotion but i will not be going all out to achieve the top spots it was better when it was classed as middle tier imo so anything i make from the promotion will be a bonus.  I wont be playing 50nl 12 hours a day the way the promotion is i will be playing my tourneys in afternoon and 50nl at night whereas if 50nl was in the middle tier i would probly just play 50nl for the rest of the month and give the tourneys during the day a miss.  Not kicking up a fuss at all just giving my opinion that the promotion this time round will be very good for the 30nl players as they wont have to compete against the 50nl players and now the 50nl players have to compete against the higher stakes so it works both ways.
  • edited January 2013
    Somone's always gotta be at the lower end of the tier.

20nl players will consider it unfair that they arent the top of there bracket now however 10nl players will embrace it just liek 30nl players will embrace it.

long story short: quit moaning and win your own pennys
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ 50nl in upper tier mistake?:
    quit moaning and win your own pennys
    Posted by bolly580
    Not moaning at all im far from a rakeback grinder just saying this promotion works out well for all the levels apart from 50nl
  • edited January 2013
    guaranteed 50NL players can and will be in the top 10
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ 50nl in upper tier mistake?:
    guaranteed 50NL players can and will be in the top 10
    Posted by Lambert180
    True there will be but point i am getting at is 50nl players will be paying a lot more in rake to sky than people at the lower levels yet it will be a lot easier for the players at the lower levels to make more money than the 50nl players through the promotion the way it is structured.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash Champ 50nl in upper tier mistake?:
    In Response to  Re: Cash Champ 50nl in upper tier mistake? : True there will be but point i am getting at is 50nl players will be paying a lot more in rake to sky than people at the lower levels yet it will be a lot easier for the players at the lower levels to make more money than the 50nl players through the promotion the way it is structured.
    Posted by bearlyther
    200nl + will make more than 50nl players and they will not get a sausage from this promotion.
  • edited January 2013

Good morning.

The Tiers have been clarified, as I think 20-40 had originally been omitted.

See THIS