You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What does the call suggest?

DTD last not long at table. Player just returning to sky so not played with him before.
blinds 150/300 my stack 8.2K, utg 12.6K.

He min raises from UTG , i reraise 2 1/2 x w/ AKo from co . Everyone folds but  he calls. I was thinking his stack size had brought the call so can't  have prem prs or would 4 bet, i supect.
 Flop is KQT . He bets double the pot AI. Now i think this s a weak bet so I call.  He could easily have had KQ, AJ maybe TT. Am i correct to call? i think so but i welcome your opinion. You can miles ahead or miles behind here, i suspect. What should i be considering here with TPTK in making my decision?
One thing guys please give a reason for your opinions as i'd like to understand fully.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I think with 2 pair or better he would check raise so I would put him on a hand with the Jack such as KJ QJ J10 but not having any reads on the player its a tough one but I call.
  • edited January 2013
    I already know the result Steve but it's a snap call every day.
  • edited January 2013
    Yep prof you have to call here did he go allin or did he have chips behind?
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: What does the call suggest?:
    Yep prof you have to call here did he go allin or did he have chips behind?
    Posted by bearlyther
     Yea all of his chips on a rainbow flop but with K9o which was a bit loose for the call of my raise i thought. Obviously 9 hit on Turn which i was sick about with 90% equity post flop. That's poker and seemed to be the way last night though. I was just wondering what i should expect him to have called my rer with  and whether his stack size 'loosened' his range.

Oh, by the way, i watched that reality show right through and found it enjoyable but seem to have stepped on some peoples toes by posting my shock at the stakes played for and the lads unbothered responses to massive losses or wins. For poker players these are enjoyable programmes but  I guess this is what you're looking to do in time eh? Just hope that you have a good plan set out. Good luck with it m8. I think it takes a special kind of person to deal with the sums involved.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: What does the call suggest?:
    In Response to Re:  Oh, by the way, i watched that reality show right through and found it enjoyable but seem to have stepped on some peoples toes by posting my shock at the stakes played for and the lads unbothered responses to massive losses or wins. For poker players these are enjoyable programmes but  I guess this is what you're looking to do in time eh? Just hope that you have a good plan set out. Good luck with it m8. I think it takes a special kind of person to deal with the sums involved.
    Posted by profman15
    Hi profman yes i think alot of it is played up for the tv cameras but i found it entertaining to watch.  With regard to the stakes they were playing for in sure these guys were well rolled for the stakes they were playing for and could afford the loss but the stakes were crazy yes.  

Yes with regards to my own journey i try and keep my sessions as low varience as possible with playing tournamanets during the afternoons and some cash at night when the tournamanets are higher varience.  I dont particurally fancy for example reging up to tournamants altogether for $1000 on a sunday when the tournaments are high varience with the amount of runners in them.  For the mean time il try and keep everything as low varience as possible.