You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty hunter exit hand.

Hi all.Yet another exit hand to mull over.Would like to know if anything could've been done differently.Seems I cant get deep atm.Am I making fundamental errors or is it swings and roundabouts?Aware I got chips in behind,should I be spotting this?,would just like opinions on how to differ my play if possible.
Cheers.
3)Edit,please move to the clinic mods please
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancetc09Small blind 50.0050.007017.50x
Big blind 100.00150.005535.00 Your hole cardsKA   stowman1Call 100.00250.005810.00bignoise10Raise 300.00550.004600.00bsa1972Fold    tc09Fold    x
Call 200.00750.005335.00stowman1Call 200.00950.005610.00Flop  9QK   x
Check    stowman1Check    bignoise10Bet 950.001900.003650.00x
Call 950.002850.004385.00stowman1Fold    Turn  9   x
Check    bignoise10All-in 3650.006500.000.00x
Call 3650.0010150.00735.00 Show9J   bignoise10ShowKA   River  3   x
WinThree 9s101

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hi B

I don't understand J9o calling in bb after you have raised a limper. Think you need a bigger bet on flop as flush draw plus pr will have the pot odds to call mathematically speaking. I agree that 9 seems like a blank and your pot+ bet should stop him drawing for the flush(often doesn't though in BH).
    IMO B he has played a poor hand here and all you can do is note that for the future for this player. Poker's like that ....poor play gets rewarded sometimes, too much in my opinion hence the dreaded word TILT. Bh's can be a bit like this.
    Personally i feel there is less certainty of what a player has in the T's than anything else because of the attraction of the bounty. Hope things are going well at home m8.

PS I can imagine you sitting in front of the screen saying "Jack, nine, jack nine, you're joking!" repeatedly. I ould be...
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Prof.All is very good atm at home m8.Weeman has multiple placement interviews comin up for pre schools around my area.Hes talking so well now its unreal.Like I say,gotta take these hands and suck them up(easier said than done) but hey ho.Last year I may have got hot under the collar,but this is a different time my man.Hope alls good your end.
    Paul
  • edited January 2013
    Whoa no! Don't go bigger on the flop!! lol.

You've already went full pot which is too big.

Unless I'm reading the hand history wrong, you only raised to 300 total pre. If it's actually 300 more (making it 400 in total) then that's fine, if not, make it 400 total.

On the flop you wanna bet big but not pot and certainly not more than pot! You still want people with worse hands to call. With the pot at 950, I'd probably c-bet about 650ish.
  • edited January 2013
    Bet less on flop around 500 is sufficient
  • edited January 2013
    Nothing you can really do. You played it fine IMO, As stated earlier, a smaller bet on the flop might be an option if you want to keep draws or low connected hands in. - it's a reasonable assumption that (short of a set or something) you have the best of it. J-9 is pretty damn speculative to be calling with, and that's not your lookout really.

If someone wants to call your raise pre with 7-2 that's their choice. Don't slow down when the flop comes 7-7-2 though. for the amount of times you lose money, you'll make much more when they don't hit.

Just note the player & next time charge him big!
  • edited January 2013
    pr+GS and backddor flush - you can see why oppo called right )

but anyhow, bet less on flop - let oppo think a c/r is viable

bet less on turn, what are you beating that's going to call

think about the hands you want to call and can call, KJ/K10 - you not actually beating much that's going to call

yes we want players to make bad calls against us but don't make them fold with your value hands

gl

• edited January 2013
    OOps sorry Big

I misread your flop bet as just 200 not 950. Soz i completely messed it up. I agree its best to bet little more than half pot bet on flop maybe 550 but tat needs keying in then. I stand by what i said otherwise. It may be WRONG but it is at least my opinion based on correct info...sorry again.
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks for the response guys.Will be tryin again this w'end.Will try to put into practice the advice given,see if that can take me anywhere.
    Cheers all
    Paul