You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Turbo Tuesday

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
The promotion today that includes SNG's

quote: 'So, far every Turbo Sit 'N' Go game you enter, you'll earn twice as many points as you usually would! '

Does it not include Turbo Heads Up? Played a few and points were as normal ???

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Turbo Tuesday:
    The promotion today that includes SNG's quote: ' So, far every Turbo Sit 'N' Go game you enter, you'll earn twice as many points as you usually would!  ' Does it not include Turbo Heads Up? Played a few and points were as normal ???
    Posted by Boxster
    saw this so thought id play some but there was no double points either
  • edited January 2013
    Nice to find this out 7pm into the day it's happening :>.....

Come on sky seriously you can actually get a message out in advance sometimes and let people actually know in advance, just a thought.

• edited January 2013
    and mondo is correct it appears to not even work
  • edited January 2013
    Sigh, this is the first I've heard of it. Where is this even posted? I just looked in the Promotions tab after seeing this thread and still can't find it.

Wouldn't say no to double points on my HU SnGs... would Turbo also cover Hyper? Although apparently it doesn't cover any HU game.

What other turbo SnGs are there then, just Turbo DYMs?
  • edited January 2013
    Just played a turbo dym no points boost :-((.
    Epic fail.
    Promo on front web page.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm not one to moan but yeah it says double points under the turbo tab - Heads up and some dyms are in there and no double points are being awarded.

• edited January 2013
    I posted about this earlier, at 3:30 I got a message in the DYM chat box that said:

"SkyPoker> To celebrate our Turbo Tuesday's, we've got a 100 poker points boost on all Sit n Go tournaments under the 'TURBO' filter in the lobby. ALL DAY!"

The message said 100 extra points PER GAME.

After I live chatted to customer care they sent me an email claiming that the message said "100% poker points boost"

That is a lie, I copy/pasted it entirely and read it about 10 times to make sure it was true.
  • edited January 2013
    Well at least I aint missed out... no more than anyone else anyway.
  • edited January 2013

Looks to me like a last minute dot com promotion which has not really been implemented/advertised too well.

Even the pop up for tonight's Main has incorrect info on!

The £6,000 Turbo Open at 8pm, 2000 starting stack, 12 minute blinds. Register for just £33 now.

Its 7 min blinds....hence turbo!

We are not really allowed to 'complain' on Sky, but some answers would be nice.
  • edited January 2013
    Evening all...

Sorry about this, it would appear someone only applied this to tournaments IN RUNNING at 9am this morning (rather than for the rest of the tournaments that will run today.)

I've managed to smash the Sky Poker engine with my big hammer a bit and you should all be getting the points boos on the Turbo, Turbo DYMs, Turbocharged and Turbo 4-Max DYM tables now.

To compensate, we'll let it run until 8pm tomorrow so it'll have run for the full 24hrs, next week it will be in effect from 9am on Tuesday!

Many thanks and apologies once again.

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Turbo Tuesday:
    Evening all... Sorry about this, it would appear someone only applied this to tournaments IN RUNNING at 9am this morning (rather than for the rest of the tournaments that will run today.) I've managed to smash the Sky Poker engine with my big hammer a bit and you should all be getting the points boos on the Turbo, Turbo DYMs, Turbocharged and Turbo 4-Max DYM tables now. To compensate, we'll let it run until 8pm tomorrow so it'll have run for the full 24hrs, next week it will be in effect from 9am on Tuesday! Many thanks and apologies once again.
    Posted by Sky_Sam

Does this include Heads UP Turbo?

• edited January 2013
    And does it include HU Hypers?
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Boxster,

Yes, as far as I'm aware it does. You might have to wait for the next 'wave' of tables to spawn as we can't adjust the points payout without kicking folk off their tables.

@Lambert, no they're not included.
  • edited January 2013
    Seems to be an issue Sam...

I just played a £5.25 and got 6 points which is double so great.

Was playing a £10.50 also at the same time, only got 5 points as normal.

Both turbos, both identical games.
  • edited January 2013
    Hey Lambert,

If that table had spawned before I had chance to delve in and correct the situation then that would explain that. All the 'new' ones coming up now will be dishing out double points.

Sorry again.
  • edited January 2013
    £5 HU Turbo fine = double points
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks Sam for helping me donk off £40 @ HU SnGs!! lol.

Only joking, thanks for getting this all sorted, great to get a problem seen to a fixed so quick.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Turbo Tuesday:
    The promotion today that includes SNG's quote: ' So, far every Turbo Sit 'N' Go game you enter, you'll earn twice as many points as you usually would!  ' Does it not include Turbo Heads Up? Played a few and points were as normal ???
    Posted by Boxster
    I take it this has finished?
    Nice to be kept up to date.
  • edited February 2013
    Hey Belsibub,

Yes this particular part of Turbo Tuesdays has been taken down and is under review (not much uptake)

Something will be put in soon to add even more value to Turbo Tuesdays!

Hope you will be playing in the Main and Mini tonight :)

Thanks,

Joe
  • edited February 2013
    The promotion is still running its on the homepage
  • edited February 2013
    The promotion is still running its on the homepage
    Posted by benc
    so are we getting double for hu hypers?
  • edited February 2013
    The content has been taken down from the promotions page.

There will not be double points on HU Hypers today.

Happy hours will run as usual :)

Hope that clears everything up.
  • edited February 2013
    The content has been taken down from the promotions page. There will not be double points on HU Hypers today. Happy hours will run as usual :) Hope that clears everything up.
    Posted by Sky_Joe
    cheers
  • edited February 2013
    It was never on Hypers anyway sadly.
  • edited February 2013
    I'm confused is the double points still for turbo HU yeah?
  • edited February 2013
    Nope, no more double points for HU games.

It's still 'Turbo Tuesday' cos the ME on a Tuesday is a turbo etc but no more double points
  • edited February 2013
    lol ohh thats annoying ahh well got me away from hypers for a little while one bonus