You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Overlay in Main and Mini tonight

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Buy ins back to £22 and £3.30 ftw

Comments

• edited January 2013

Possibly due to footy being on or because they were not bounty hunters.
    Or have the increased buy ins finally started to affect the numbers? 
    The overlay in the Main was 19 x £30 = £570
    The overlay in the Mini was 98 x £5   =  £490.
    Will the guarantees go down or will the buy ins be decreased and made affordable for more players?

Discuss.
  • edited January 2013
    Overlay is a good thing for the players dont see why you would complain!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Overlay in Main and Mini tonight:
    Posted by bearlyther

Not complaining. Trying to discuss it. Its not good for Sky Poker.
  • edited January 2013
    Would imagine both. 
    Buy in down.
    Guarantee down.
    Still think an earlier start time of 7pm and 7.15 pm would help drive numbers.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Overlay in Main and Mini tonight:
    Possibly due to footy being on or because they were not bounty hunters. Or have the increased buy ins finally started to affect the numbers?  The overlay in the Main was 19 x £50 = £950 The overlay in the Mini was 98 x £5   =  £490. Will the guarantees go down or will the buy ins be decreased and made affordable for more players? Discuss.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    The main tonight is £30+£3=£570 overlay.

• edited January 2013
    People bored of double/deepstacks.

Make em all turbo ;)
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by bearlyther
    Short term good long term bad.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Overlay in Main and Mini tonight : The main tonight is £30+£3=£570 overlay.  
    Posted by belsibub

Good point. At least it proves some people are reading posts before commenting. I will edit it now, thanks.
  • edited January 2013
    People bored of double/deepstacks. Make em all turbo ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Swap the Re-buy from Friday with Double Stack then a faster main mid week and the Mon-Fri workers can play the Double Stack and have a lie in on Saturday?
  • edited January 2013

Faster tournamaments is the last thing we need on here there is already enough of them.  More deepstacks please.  If i wanted to play a turbo i may aswell just go onto sky vegas and play roulette!  The wednesday night double stack and the friday night rebuy night rebuy tournamants on here are the best 2 main events of the week.  
  • edited January 2013

Your are right m8 . Al go to Sky Bingo instead on Tuesday Night

• edited January 2013
    One year ago this week (Wed 18th Jan 2012) these were the numbers in the equivalent events;

Main 311 entrants @ £22

Mini 308 entrants @ £3.30

Last night saw 181 @ £33 and 302 @ £5.50

So it looks to me the increased buy-ins have affected interest in the Main Event but not the Mini. One night is the smallest possible sample. To be fair you'd have to look at a much bigger sample, say a month, to get a better idea of how increased buy-ins have affected field sizes.

One factor you're overlooking is that increased buy-ins mean more players take the satellite route (look at how popular all-in satellites are for example). Each seat filled by a satellite qualifier earns the site at least twice as much rake as a direct buy-in. This is probably one of the reasons the site pushes for higher buy-ins and does its best to promote satellite qualification.
  • edited January 2013
    One year ago this week (Wed 18th Jan 2012) these were the numbers in the equivalent events; Main 311 entrants @ £22 Mini 308 entrants @ £3.30 Last night saw 181 @ £33 and 302 @ £5.50 So it looks to me the increased buy-ins have affected interest in the Main Event but not the Mini. One night is the smallest possible sample. To be fair you'd have to look at a much bigger sample, say a month, to get a better idea of how increased buy-ins have affected field sizes. One factor you're overlooking is that increased buy-ins mean more players take the satellite route (look at how popular all-in satellites are for example). Each seat filled by a satellite qualifier earns the site at least twice as much rake as a direct buy-in. This is probably one of the reasons the site pushes for higher buy-ins and does its best to promote satellite qualification.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

Cheers Gary, good post.
    I do realise there are more sats now into the Main Event nowadays (this is usually my preferred route) and your explanation of it makes perfect sense.
    I am also glad that you have clarified the numbers on the Mini as I was worried that it would be the next small buy in tournament to be culled after the jackpot is won next.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Overlay in Main and Mini tonight : Cheers Gary, good post. I do realise there are more sats now into the Main Event nowadays (this is usually my preferred route) and your explanation of it makes perfect sense. I am also glad that you have clarified the numbers on the Mini as I was worried that it would be the next small buy in tournament to be culled after the jackpot is won next.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Just to be clear, we have no plans to do this.
  • edited January 2013
    Another factor that needs to be considered is the popularity of the £55 Bounty Hunter at 9-00pm, a tournament that didn't exist last year. Yesterday it ran with a field of 108.

Bounty Hunters are by far the most popular tournaments on Sky at all buy-ins, it could be that a number of potential ME entrants choose the £55 Bounty Hunter over a £33 Double-stack.