You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

could this be the rare time i should fold KK

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic

this villian (p2) was one of the few regulars was very tight aggressive with his play. another thing about this villian is he is one of the few who understand my play well and will know for sure i have something strong

craigcu12 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.88
jimbo111 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.14
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

rolfe06 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £4.80
p1Raise  £0.08 £0.18 £10.58
p2Raise  £0.40 £0.58 £4.48
craigcu12 Raise  £1.66 £2.24 £2.22
jimbo111 Fold     
rolfe06 Fold     
p1Call  £1.60 £3.84 £8.98
p2All-in  £4.48 £8.32 £0.00
what i can say for sure is 9 time out of ten if i were holding pocket queens i would certainly have folded to the shove.
knowing of how good he is on these table i knew right away that first raise would be the sign of picture pairs or AKs, so i then make another raise. if he held pocket Q i would say most likely he'd just call it or even fold and because i already am holding KK it would seem very unlikely he'd also have KK. which gives me the sense he is holding pocket aces.

With me being on three tables at once and having just lost a £4 when a river card cause a FH to beat my straight it was only the part underlined that i was likely to be following.
p1 certainly made to call so i will show the outcome

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to could this be the rare time i should fold KK:
    this villian (p2) was one of the few regulars was very tight aggressive with his play. another thing about this villian is he is one of the few who understand my play well and will know for sure i have something strong craigcu12 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.88 jimbo111 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.14   Your hole cards K K       rolfe06 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £4.80 p1 Raise   £0.08 £0.18 £10.58 p2 Raise   £0.40 £0.58 £4.48 craigcu12 Raise   £1.66 £2.24 £2.22 jimbo111 Fold         rolfe06 Fold         p1 Call   £1.60 £3.84 £8.98 p2 All-in   £4.48 £8.32 £0.00 what i can say for sure is 9 time out of ten if i were holding pocket queens i would certainly have folded to the shove. knowing of how good he is on these table i knew right away that first raise would be the sign of picture pairs or AKs, so i then make another raise. if he held pocket Q i would say most likely he'd just call it or even fold and because i already am holding KK it would seem very unlikely he'd also have KK. which gives me the sense he is holding pocket aces. With me being on three tables at once and having just lost a £4 when a river card cause a FH to beat my straight it was only the part underlined that i was likely to be following. p1 certainly made to call so i will show the outcome
    Posted by craigcu12
    no chance of folding 2nd nuts, u have already stuck 40% of your stack in anyway. Get it in 100%. If u up against aces it don,t matter a jot in this spot.
  • edited January 2013
    Never 3/4 bet KK & fold

simples
  • edited January 2013
    lolol
    if its tintin he always has AA there
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: could this be the rare time i should fold KK:
    lolol if its tintin he always has AA there
    Posted by NColley
    hahahahaha

have a gold star

surely i can have queens here sometimes
  • edited January 2013
    Craig, u r thinking too much again.

BIG HAND = GET THE MONEY IN!
  • edited January 2013

you seen the hand we played the day before where we were slightly deeper than this and i called off with KK when you shoved pre, as much as i feared you had AA i feel you just cant let them go.

here theres the added bonus of the other player in the pot juicing up the pot with no hand, tbh i could have named your hand straight away, just put it down to a standard cooler.

if you stick 40% of stack in then you have comitted to calling it off and you should be happy to as that should have been your plan before 4 betting.

• edited January 2013
    you seen the hand we played the day before where we were slightly deeper than this and i called off with KK when you shoved pre, as much as i feared you had AA i feel you just cant let them go. here theres the added bonus of the other player in the pot juicing up the pot with no hand, tbh i could have named your hand straight away, just put it down to a standard cooler. if you stick 40% of stack in then you have comitted to calling it off and you should be happy to as that should have been your plan before 4 betting.
    Posted by TINTIN
    so would you say that in the long run the biggest pocket pairs that i should fold if it's shove preflop is maybe JJ

the thing that probably helped me most with calling that shove was when i saw you holding an AK which you shoved with a few days earlier when i had made the raise to 20p (the reason i folded it after was because it was AQs) that was the major part in getting me to call with the KK in this hand
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: could this be the rare time i should fold KK : so would you say that in the long run the biggest pocket pairs that i should fold if it's shove preflop is maybe JJ the thing that probably helped me most with calling that shove was when i saw you holding an AK which you shoved with a few days earlier when i had made the raise to 20p (the reason i folded it after was because it was AQs) that was the major part in getting me to call with the KK in this hand
    Posted by craigcu12
    its player dependant, today i folded QQ after 3 betting only to get a cold 4 bet shove from someone i know doesnt do that move with less than KK.

theres some people i will snap there shove of with 99 and others i will bin QQ to. this hand you know i can shove AK makes calling even easier.

you do over anylize some things too much, not many players would think about folding KK pre at any level never mind at nl4

nice hand btw

yes the king flopped
  • edited January 2013
    Get the money in, "You have two outs left to suck out on AA"