You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

c4p challange 10k by playing under £1 games only

2»

Comments

• edited January 2013
    This is just my opinion, and nothing more, but...

When you post anything on the internet (especially in an open forum), you open yourself up to different thoughts and ideas that disagree with yours. People critiquing you and even criticising everything you post.

Posters in this forum are generally speaking, trying to add to the discussion, weigh-in with their own opinions, or just speak their mind with no mallicious intent, instead of just trolling and causing disruption like a few exceptions rarely do.

People here are disagreeing and explaining why, which if anything, is pretty awesome on their part.

If you're not prepared for anything other than "Awww what a great idea! You're so awesome!" -esque replies, then the internet (not the forum or the people in it) is something you need to adjust a little to. It's about realising that while people flaming your ideas may register on an emotional level, the best thing to do is grow a thick skin and just accept it, especially when you asked for everyones feedback, and got decent reasons as to why they didn't agree with you.

The SkyForum isn't perfect, but it is nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be.
    Smitalos out.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Forum Mentality:
    This is just my opinion, and nothing more, but... When you post anything on the internet (especially in an open forum), you open yourself up to different thoughts and ideas that disagree with yours. People critiquing you and even criticising everything you post. Posters in this forum are generally speaking, trying to add to the discussion, weigh-in with their own opinions, or just speak their mind with no mallicious intent, instead of just trolling and causing disruption like a few exceptions rarely do. People here are disagreeing and explaining why , which if anything, is pretty awesome on their part. If you're not prepared for anything other than "Awww what a great idea! You're so awesome!" -esque replies, then the internet (not the forum or the people in it) is something you need to adjust a little to. It's about realising that while people flaming your ideas may register on an emotional level, the best thing to do is grow a thick skin and just accept it, especially when you asked for everyones feedback, and got decent reasons as to why they didn't agree with you. The SkyForum isn't perfect, but it is nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be. Smitalos out.
    Posted by Smitalos

Nice post!

It's only a matter of time before they ask you to be a Mod. Smit,, if you carry on like this! :)

• edited January 2013
    i am new to poker and been playing few months (not very good but learning) been playing the 30p and 50p games mostly trying to get to 2000points to get into the freeroll and its been tough. Especially working full time.  up to 1000 points this month.

10000 i dont think is doable especially if you have a job. I dontthink i will get to 2000.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Forum Mentality:
    This is just my opinion, and nothing more, but... When you post anything on the internet (especially in an open forum), you open yourself up to different thoughts and ideas that disagree with yours. People critiquing you and even criticising everything you post. Posters in this forum are generally speaking, trying to add to the discussion, weigh-in with their own opinions, or just speak their mind with no mallicious intent, instead of just trolling and causing disruption like a few exceptions rarely do. People here are disagreeing and explaining why , which if anything, is pretty awesome on their part. If you're not prepared for anything other than "Awww what a great idea! You're so awesome!" -esque replies, then the internet (not the forum or the people in it) is something you need to adjust a little to. It's about realising that while people flaming your ideas may register on an emotional level, the best thing to do is grow a thick skin and just accept it, especially when you asked for everyones feedback, and got decent reasons as to why they didn't agree with you. The SkyForum isn't perfect, but it is nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be. Smitalos out.
    Posted by Smitalos

not got a problem with people saying they dont think it can be done,its the stupid responses that are posted that really dont add anything. the  forum is nowhere near as good as some make it out to be as alot of posts you see have the same old people jumping on the wagon of lets make us  look big by making  silly little comments and has the mentality of we dont like so it should not be..forum used to be alot better and more helpful but things change just happens the forum has changed for the worse 

anyway im done with it 
    mods please feel free to delete this, and will let you all get on with the forum you all so love 

gl all 
  • edited January 2013
    I can't help but feel you are aiming these comments at me.

Please tell me where I have made a dumb comment........

My answer was my honest opinion, If you want to earn 10k poker points playing <£1 games do I think you will have time to make and eat food? No very little.  Will you be having much sleep? No not much. Will you have much of a life outside of poker? None.

If somebody wanted to have a go at this then I think it would be pretty soul destroying and pointless.

You are the one who has started with the "dumb" comments by throwing your teddy out the pram for some reason.

Have a look at yourself and your own conduct before criticizing the forum.
  • edited January 2013
    OP needs a thicker skin imo. None of the 'negative' comments were personal attacks on him, just comments on the idea suggested. Yes, people bashing your ideas sucks, but it happens, this is an open forum after all. I'm not excusing people for just coming into the thread and taking the michael, but as said, none of it was mallicious.
    Also, at no point in the first post did you say it was just a theoretical question, and if anything, peoples' efforts trying to deter you from doing something that would ultimately be a longshot/lost cause/waste of time is something good, not bad. If they didn't care about you they wouldn't have spent the time advising an answer contrary to that of OP's original question.
    What happened to just sucking it up and ignoring the people that bother you too? To leave a fourm (which is the hub of discussion/debate and a variety of different people and opinions) because someone disagreed with you in a way that you wern't happy with, is like leaving a restaurant because they served your burger with salad when you specifically asked to have it without. Just take the salad out, and don't let one little thing spoil what ultimately is a good experience.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to *Sigh*:
    OP needs a thicker skin imo. None of the 'negative' comments were personal attacks on him, just comments on the idea suggested. Yes, people bashing your ideas sucks, but it happens, this is an open forum after all. I'm not excusing people for just coming into the thread and taking the michael, but as said, none of it was mallicious. Also, at no point in the first post did you say it was just a theoretical question, and if anything, peoples' efforts trying to deter you from doing something that would ultimately be a longshot/lost cause/waste of time is something good, not bad. If they didn't care about you they wouldn't have spent the time advising an answer contrary to that of OP's original question. What happened to just sucking it up and ignoring the people that bother you too? To leave a fourm (which is the hub of discussion/debate and a variety of different people and opinions) because someone disagreed with you in a way that you wern't happy with, is like leaving a restaurant because they served your burger with salad when you specifically asked to have it without. Just take the salad out, and don't let one little thing spoil what ultimately is a good experience.
    Posted by Smitalos
    hahaha liked this analogy 
  • edited January 2013
    in all seriousnes though CKD why did you start this post? did you think peole would flock to your low stakes challenge? 

even low stakes grinders find it laughable surely you must hav thought to yourself this is ridic?

IF not please state your reasons why you think its a worth while goal and you think its wrth your time.

seriously if priority club means you get £280 C4P which in all seriousness isnt a lot considering your hours (8 hours per day) why do you think it should be done?