You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bad beats open for business as usual

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Im thinking about doing my own investigation into random card selection engines,the bad beats on here are just so unusal.

Comments

• edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
  • edited January 2013
    They are all pseudo random number generators. They are 'seeded' in that values are given to the cards with the majority of sites over valuing Aces, in my opinion. They can also seed with chip amounts which is why often you'll find that the chip leader will win hands that they have no right( big odds against) winning. Why? The quicker people complete tables, the more rake the site will take. That is my understanding although I am open to opposite views.
  • edited January 2013
    have to agree with the previous comment, i play on several sites and keep coming back to sky but the beats on this site beggar belief. I'm fully aware that we have have bad beats and they do happen but they happen at an alarming rate on your site Sky. Ive just been playing a low stake bounty hunter tourny and when i was checking the overview during the break i noticed my username was posted on it 3 times all eith differing amounts next to it, this surely can't be correct. Think i'll head back to my usual site had enough of this one. I'd be interested in the outcome of any investigation into the random card generator though. Good Luck all.
  • edited January 2013
    rigtards whaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: bad beats open for business as usual:
    They are all pseudo random number generators. They are 'seeded' in that values are given to the cards with the majority of sites over valuing Aces, in my opinion. They can also seed with chip amounts which is why often you'll find that the chip leader will win hands that they have no right( big odds against) winning. Why? The quicker people complete tables, the more rake the site will take. That is my understanding although I am open to opposite views.
    Posted by EricHalfaB
    wat?

But I do agree I play on alot of sites too and do fairly well, but on here dm what cards you have every all in seems 50/50 
  • edited January 2013
    they are all coming out now lol, 
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to bad beats open for business as usual:
    Im thinking about doing my own investigation into random card selection engines,the bad beats on here are just so unusal.
    Posted by TUNES
    Do you have any details of this investigation?

I think this is definately a good use of your time rather than analysing hands and working out how you could of played them better.
  • edited January 2013
    I agree Matt, I'm going to start doing the same. I'm deleting PokerStove to make room for the spreadsheet right now. The only mistake I think Tunes is making here is posting in the clinic rather than Area 51.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to bad beats open for business as usual : Do you have any details of this investigation? I think this is definately a good use of your time rather than analysing hands and working out how you could of played them better.
    Posted by MattBates
    this.
  • edited January 2013
    If you think its suss then report it.If not ssshhhh.We  all get butchered evey now and again. D eal with it.Lifes not fair,or are you expectin to have all your ahead hands hold.Good luck with that.Man,get a real problem to deal with,rather than cards!!!!!
    Rant over
    Apologies
    Paul
  • _G__G_
    edited January 2013
    If Tunes really thinks there's a problem then its, his right to investigate it, i have been playing on sky for 16/17months now and probably here this every other week, i personally take it as bad beats happen, i win a few i lose a few, how it goes.

If Tunes does this investigation i hope he publishes the results, this might put to bed that sky has more bad beats then any other site.

Gl
    Glen
  • edited January 2013
    You know PokerStars allowed for investigation of their RNG/hh's to check how many hands that were ahead pre won at showdown bla bla bla. the thread is on 2+2 somewhere. 
  • edited January 2013
    lol G. what do you expect him to do? it's impossible for somebody to just decide to do an investigation of Sky's RNG! 
  • _G__G_
    edited January 2013

i think thats the point, if there was a problem it would have been sorted out long ago. all i can say is just enjoy the game, bad beats or not we all have them, it up to you how you deal with it.

again Gl

Glen

• edited January 2013

why is it this year i have managed to not yet  put deposits into my sky poker when last year i was depositing money every week surely if this site was rigged i would still be depositing every week

• edited January 2013
    why is it this year i have managed to not yet  put deposits into my sky poker when last year i was depositing money every week surely if this site was rigged i would still be depositing every week
    Posted by craigcu12
    as that would be the only possible explanation for you losing?