You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

feedback please

both players agg, do i value bet or ship it?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
safc20Small blind 300.00300.0010856.75
JAZZHANDSBig blind 600.00900.001127.50
 Your hole cards
  • A

sookyFold    
loolololloCall 600.001500.006968.50
darryn1973Call 600.002100.0012890.00
safc20Call 300.002400.0010556.75
JAZZHANDSCheck    
Flop

• A
  • Q
  • A

safc20Bet 600.003000.009956.75
JAZZHANDSFold    
loolololloCall 600.003600.006368.50
darryn1973Call 600.004200.0012290.00
Turn

safc20Bet 600.004800.009356.75
loolololloCall 600.005400.005768.50
darryn1973Call 600.006000.0011690.00
River

safc20Check    
loolololloAll-in 5768.5011768.500.00
darryn1973Fold    
safc20Fold    
loolololloMuck    
loolololloWin 6000.00 6000.00
loolololloReturn 5768.500.0011768.50

Comments

• edited January 2013
    DONT LIMP!!!!

dunno how many times this has been said, just dont limp!

Calling flop and turn seems fine, jam river yeah.

If you'd have minraised pre, pot is bigger, you c-bet and pot is much bigger so much easier to get the rest in.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: feedback please:
    DONT LIMP!!!! dunno how many times this has been said, just dont limp! Calling flop and turn seems fine, jam river yeah. If you'd have minraised pre, pot is bigger, you c-bet and pot is much bigger so much easier to get the rest in.
    Posted by Lambert180
    only had like 10k stack or something + their agg so they might think im stealing and jam it which puts me under alot of pressure, i thought i could get it in anyway since they do all the betting with medi-oka hands
  • edited January 2013

these are the reasons why clubhammer did a raise on the turn even if he did hold a FH
    by just doing call after call followed by a shove on the river only the very best hands would make calls as it's just not worth risking for such a low pot

• edited January 2013
    fold or raise pre i prefer the fold. Limping to fold to a shove is terrible and you allow them in with so many hands that have you dominated. limping here is just yuk. If they are aggressive wait for a better hand.

as it turns out this is time post is played fine
  • edited January 2013
    fold or raise pre i prefer the fold. Limping to fold to a shove is terrible and you allow them in with so many hands that have you dominated. limping here is just yuk. If they are aggressive wait for a better hand. as it turns out this is time post is played fine
    Posted by jams88
    was getting board of not getting any cards was planning to float and steal in a heads up bu didnt happen
  • edited January 2013
    If you get "board" waiting for cards have you tried playing HU sngs? You won't have to wait too long for cards - might help improve your game too.
  • edited January 2013
    You say both players are aggro but the only non donk bet comes from you on the river.  This is not how aggro players play!
  • edited January 2013
    You're planning on floating and then stealing when you have 10xBB lol.

Please just google to find out the very basics of how to play a shortstack. You basically have no moves left when you have 10xBB. Get them in with a half decent hand (or better) that can stand up to a call and when you have FE or don't put a chip in the pot.
  • edited January 2013
    shove or fold pre

turns out u hit a dream flop n still didnt get max value long term u will lose alot of chips doing this
  • edited January 2013
    no one really plays this deep so i prob wont get challanged when i limp and i i know as short stack your meant to shove any half decent hands but meh felt a bit frisky
  • edited January 2013
    Look, most people in general at these stages are complete nits and won't get it in without a strong hand.

If for some reason you refuse to shove with 10xBB, then you HAVE to min-raise. Minraising at these stages on the right table can result in a gold mine of chips.

Minraising = you can win 900 chips now completely risk free and when you got 6000, that's great.

Limping = zero chance of winning the blinds now, you HAVE to hit the flop or you're just bleeding chips.
  • edited January 2013
    Look, most people in general at these stages are complete nits and won't get it in without a strong hand. If for some reason you refuse to shove with 10xBB, then you HAVE to min-raise. Minraising at these stages on the right table can result in a gold mine of chips. Minraising = you can win 900 chips now completely risk free and when you got 6000, that's great. Limping = zero chance of winning the blinds now, you HAVE to hit the flop or you're just bleeding chips.
    Posted by Lambert180
    as i said both players agg, if i min raise both will call and the pot is now inflated which is defo not what i want
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: feedback please : as i said both players agg, if i min raise both will call and the pot is now inflated which is defo not what i want
    Posted by loololollo

That's not been aggressive, that's them beign loose. If they were aggro, they'd see you had 10xBB and just jam on you. I certainly wouldn't be getting in a pot against a 10xBB stack unless I was willing to get the lot in, it's just bad play.
  • edited January 2013
    just fold or ship then. fs.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: feedback please : as i said both players agg, if i min raise both will call and the pot is now inflated which is defo not what i want
    Posted by loololollo
    Again, that is NOT being aggro.  If it was me in the BB there I would be setting the pair of you in with vertualy any two cards.  Limping there just shows weakness and is very exploitable