You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

whats the song?

edited February 2014 in The Rail
i might be in the wrong section here and i might be out of order but il give it a go.its driving me mad its not about poker but bernard did play poker regular. here goes. if you watch the you tube footage of bernard mannings funeral has he is taken in the church a song is being sang by a lady .iam desperate ti know the singer and song title.my old mum loves it and i want to get it for her birthday.iv searched the web,mailed man eve news and no one can help. then i thought.sky poker community! there a clever lot they will help. i will understand if the mods remove this but i thought i would give it a try.
                                             regards  windy.

Comments

• edited January 2013
    put the link in, or ask in the comment section of yt
  • edited January 2013
    The original song is Nessun Dorma made famous by Pavarotti but I dont know who is singing this English version.

The only thing I can find of a woman singing this song in English is Deanna Durbin but not sure its her.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inV3RlOTOXM
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: whats the song?:
    The original song is Nessun Dorma made famous by Pavarotti but I dont know who is singing this English version. The only thing I can find of a woman singing this song in English is Deanna Durbin but not sure its her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inV3RlOTOXM
    Posted by jonjo75
    thank you verry much my friend.
  • edited January 2013
    I have a feeling it was Ave Maria by Schubert, Windamon. As for the singer, it's very hard to tell from the clip, but it could be Barbara Bonney.

Nessun Dorma was an aria from Puccini's last opera, Turandot, and is sung by a tenor in the opera itself - hence by Luciano got his hands onto it and was famous through Italia 90, etc.

If you want to check out great sopranos, I'd suggest both Mirella Freni and Angela Gheorghiu. Gheorghiu did an awesome job on 'O mio babbino caro' from Gianni Schicchi, another Puccini effort.

I might have been a classical music geek (especially opera) when I was a bit younger.

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: whats the song?:
    I have a feeling it was Ave Maria by Schubert, Windamon. As for the singer, it's very hard to tell from the clip, but it could be Barbara Bonney. Nessun Dorma was an aria from Puccini's last opera, Turandot, and is sung by a tenor in the opera itself - hence by Luciano got his hands onto it and was famous through Italia 90, etc. If you want to check out great sopranos, I'd suggest both Mirella Freni and Angela Gheorghiu. Gheorghiu did an awesome job on 'O mio babbino caro' from Gianni Schicchi, another Puccini effort. I might have been a classical music geek (especially opera) when I was a bit younger.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Dave, as you seem to be the man to help, In the U2 (really just Bono) song miss Sarajevo is the Pavorotti part an extract from another song or is it specific to that song