You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Are Turbocharged heads up poker or bingo?

I've played 4 won 4 so i'm guessing they're bingo!

Seems a quick way of making £s to me....

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    They are poker imho
  • edited November 2009
    Poker - You still have to make a decision or two, not like the roulette sngs which shouldn't be called that because even roulette can have an element of judgement.

But I doubt anyone would play them if they were called bingo sngs :-0
  • edited December 2009

definately poker, they can be a little frustrating tbh tho.. i played about 10-15 last nite (mix of £5.25 and £10.50, the thing is they are highly volatile and the results can be misleading u prob need a sample size of 150-200 games to establish wether you are a winning player in these games.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks for the replies guys!

Hugo...I was by no means suggesting a sample of 4 was representative.. :)

I agree they are poker though, for 3/4 levels anyway...amazing what some people CALL allins late on with though lol
  • edited December 2009
    Ive been playing a lot of these lately... trying to practise heads up play when the blinds are important and moves have to be made..

i'd say it was 65% skill.... 35% luck

compared to the say 80% skill... 20% luck in deepstack form...

some hands in turbocharged you just cant get away from because of the nature of the game... I had QQ pushed 600 on SB (100/200 blinds) having 1200 chips.. meaning it was 400 to call with 200 backing them up knowing a call had them commited they pushed all their 800 in with AK and hit!! hand played itself... with deeper stacks and a slower blinds structure I probably would have been min raised or flat called and would have folded if the same flop of A K 3 came..

also because of the fast nature of the blinds, its more likely hands like K6.. J8suited become a lot more valuable and if player A has 1500 chips and K6 and player B has J8 and 500 chips on 150/300 blinds.. the hand will play itself and then its back to all square if J8 wins with extremely high blinds meaning it then becomes an all in fest and he who hits harder faster wins

more luck is needed in a turbocharged.. but it is still poker and not bingo until BB hits 400 :D
  • edited December 2009
    yes there are pennyless there bingo and lotto rolled in to one lol