You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£33 b/h What to do on the turn

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic
saddlerboySmall blind 15.0015.003805.00boycs365Big blind 30.0045.001302.50 Your hole cardsKA   samarkw526Call 30.0075.00952.50IDONKCALLURaise 120.00195.004270.00dakin01Fold    phlwbb29Call 120.00315.005087.50saddlerboyCall 105.00420.003700.00boycs365Fold    samarkw526Call 90.00510.00862.50Flop  62K   saddlerboyCheck    samarkw526Check    IDONKCALLUBet 270.00780.004000.00phlwbb29Call 270.001050.004817.50saddlerboyFold    samarkw526Fold    Turn  Q   IDONKCALLUCheck    phlwbb29Bet 420.001470.004397.50

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I go a bit bigger on the flop btw and there's no way I check the turn.

Why have you checked the turn?
  • edited January 2013
    2 reasons he could call on flop with f/draw    hes range could easily bet k q    i was gonna do a small kinda block bet to see the river for cheap but decided against it
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
     He's called your iso from the button, his range should/will be pretty big

How dya know he hasn't got 77,88,99,TT, KJ, KT, A6, AQ, AhX, A2. You've given no reads so some of them might be removed but readless I'm including all of the above hands in his range after calling the flop.

I know you haven't got a set Donk but we can't have it all ;)  #nosetnobet

I'll wait for other better players like Percival to comment but imo the turn is a clear bet.

EDIT: Just saw Dohhh posted. My last sentence wasn't a rubdown lol.
  • edited January 2013
    if i bet n he calls then what on a blank river i really hate this spot tbh anything but that card on the turn
  • edited January 2013
    Why though? It's not the best card in the world, but his range is more than just KQ and FDs isnt it?

What range do you put him on after he calls the flop?
  • edited January 2013
    what i mean is i dnt wanna go out on the tourney knowing i can so easily get of here end of day its only tptk  ok say i bet 420 turn

river is gonna be 800 and hate to bet that to fold be over half my stack gone just dnt feel comftable
  • edited January 2013
    thats the differene alot would get stacked here i dont even tho it might not be the correct play but alot of players get married to tptk
  • edited January 2013
    No you don't bet 420, his bet is horrible lol, you bet more like 650-700ish.

Forget about going out and just play the spot, if you think you're behind, fine, but don't fold cos you don't wanna go out with TPTK. There's tons of times where you can have TPTK and nott getting stacked is a big mistake.

Again though, what range of hands do you put him on after he calls the flop? Cos this is essentially ALL that matters.
  • edited January 2013
    lol lambert. pls don't ever write that again. it just gives beaneh a great opportunity to rub me down

personally I just bet, he calls a cbet 4 way which is kinda strong, but I think he still has a lot of Kx's in his range. Pro to checking is possibly that he turns his 88-JJ/2ndp into a bluff. As played I probably flat and re-evaluate otr even tho i don't really like it. I think it's too weak to fold to a ~half pot bet when he could be vbetting worse K's and turning 2ndp into a bluff. I prob c/f to a river bet because I think he'll check back a lot of his kings and vbet his 2p's/flushes and I doubt villain will fire 2 barrels bluffing, but it does depend on his bet size

but betting > checking. Not only do you get value, but it makes it much easier for you to play the hand. 

anyone know how to work out NPV/IRR? pls help omg

• edited January 2013
    what do i do on the river then if i did  bet the turn perc ? on a blank river b/f
  • edited January 2013
    so u saying bet turn n check river if a blank river  not summit i would do but each to there own
  • edited January 2013
    if i bet turn i think i have to bet river or theres a chance i can get pushed of the hand here
  • edited January 2013
    Also, now I've woke up and realised the flop was 4way, you DEFFO need to be more, why so small on the flop?

What range of hands do you put him on after he calls the flop Donk?
  • edited January 2013
    well if we bet the turn what's calling us? a few K's and flushes. (presuming he raising sets otf but i guess he might not here). If a blank comes otr, he's prob checking back all his hands that we beat, and only betting hands that we're behind. he's never double floating us here with air lol.

thinking about it, c/c on the turn could actually be a good line because it induces him to turn his lower pairs into a bluff, and he'll vbet his worse k's. and if you bet otf and ott, your line looks pretty strong on this board and might make him fold hands that would bet the turn if checked to. but this does put us in a tricky spot otr but could actually be more profitable. but vs an unknown i prob just bet ott for value and c/f a lot of rivers. but i expect villain to check back otr quite a bit. but then again i have no idea how good villain is. judging by quality of sky players i just bet ott. 
  • edited January 2013
    whats wrong with half pot on this flop lambert half pot and 3/4 pot gets same job done surely
  • edited January 2013
    What same job? Surely the job we want is max value? Imagine he has KQ and the turn doesn't come a Q, do we want him to lose 1500 chips, or 2500?

People call 270 with a FD, they probably also call 360 with a flush draw too. Likewise with KQ (ignore the turn) and KJ and probably KT and QQ and JJ and TT and 99 etc.
  • edited January 2013
    definately bet the turn