You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

are these just another way of check

edited January 2013 in The Poker Clinic

with these min bets being so common and continuous it makes it so hard to know weather the villian is holding something.
this villian himself had the very same habit.

xSmall blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.01
craigcu12 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £5.95
baxter08 Big blind  £0.04 £0.10 £1.86
 Your hole cards
  • J

baxter08 Check     
wyland Fold     
xCall  £0.02 £0.12 £3.99
craigcu12 Check     
Flop

• Q
  • J
  • A

xBet  £0.04 £0.16 £3.95
craigcu12 Call  £0.04 £0.20 £5.91
baxter08 Call  £0.04 £0.24 £1.82
Turn

xCheck     
craigcu12 Bet  £0.08 £0.32 £5.83
baxter08 Fold     
xCall  £0.08 £0.40 £3.87
River

• J

xBet  £0.28 £0.68 £3.59
craigcu12 Raise  £0.76 £1.44 £5.07
xCall  £0.48 £1.92 £3.11
craigcu12 Show
  • J

xMuck

craigcu12 Win Full House, Jacks and 3s £1.77  £6.84
    although this board looks so wet given that the villian did just a 4p bet on the flop is the low pair weak kick ok to remain in the hope a 3 does come
    Then given that i have hit two pair and he only does an 8p bet was i right to stay in for the FH and just fold the river if i missed

Comments

• edited January 2013
    • edited January 2013
      raise river bigger, honestly be tempted to just shove who is bet folding this river at 4nl? looks like he could have tripped up himself

flop...meh dont think calling is too bad.
    • edited January 2013

Bet at least twice as much as you did on the turn and river. 
    • edited January 2013
      well after one day here under my latest guise i've decided to leave once again

i have collected 1,232,000 hands under 11 different aliases on this site since 2011, and i am going to publish my somewhat disturbing results, some of which include:

number of all ins being a staggering 11% out from true percentage
      overpair vs overpair situations on the flop being staggeringly high
      disturbing amount of times that two of suit not held in hand flops when you miss a set mine (eg, 3c3d, 2 hearts or 2 spades hit)
      certain sky players are favoured
      names of every sky bot

i have been compiling these since i noticed maybe 12-25 players on this site who will sit and fold patiently, playing solid games pre and post flop, only to call wild all ins with nothing out of the blue, and miles behind in equity stakes, only to smash the runner runners every time, at which point they leave the tables

also list of site 'shills' including Lambert'I'm easily good enough to beat the players at these stakes even though most of my bankroll comprises jammy all in satellite wins which sky handed to me to swamp their forums with my pro-sky propaganda, but i've only won about 0.00001BB/100 since being here but i am better than everyone, honest'180, IDONKILLITERACY, and pretty much anyone you see on TV winning.

the biggest sky player is style2737, who is paid to play on sky and to take rake, but also has to hand a big portion of his profits to them in exchange for a salary

i'll get laughed at for this post but i have the data to back it up

PM me and i'll link you to my personal site

anyway, adios, and good luck to all you 'regs' who love having sky in and around your mouths on a nightly basis - me? i'ma go play with a real deck of cards so i can't be stolen from anymore
    • edited January 2013
      all the time i think you will get a lot on forums who will blindly defend online poker to the death sad fact is that they're wrong online poker however isn't rigged, it's just not like real poker. it's nothing to do with the amount of times that hands come out its about board texture and rake deal out a real deck of cards and see the flop texture, you miss the vast majority of the time even with multiple hands in the pot you then get people saying 'i played a session the other day live where i saw *insert Xamount of beats*. yep, the people that say sample size isn't big enough are always the first to counter the argument using a sample size of about 300 live hands said people will then also laugh at you and call you an idiot without actually offering anything other than their opinion about online poker, like it holds any more weight than the person who says online is not true to life. anyway - online poker. rigged? no. biased against you? no. biased against others? no. like dealing an actual pack of cards, physically? no. just figure out how to avoid certain situations, and start to notice the patterns (which do exist) and you'll be fine
      Posted by smitalol
    • edited January 2013
      you forgot this bit

like dealing an actual pack of cards, physically? no.

try it. deal out a deck yourself. it's different.
    • edited January 2013
      In Response to Re: are these just another way of check:
      well after one day here under my latest guise i've decided to leave once again i have collected 1,232,000 hands under 11 different aliases on this site since 2011, and i am going to publish my somewhat disturbing results, some of which include: number of all ins being a staggering 11% out from true percentage overpair vs overpair situations on the flop being staggeringly high disturbing amount of times that two of suit not held in hand flops when you miss a set mine (eg, 3c3d, 2 hearts or 2 spades hit) certain sky players are favoured names of every sky bot i have been compiling these since i noticed maybe 12-25 players on this site who will sit and fold patiently, playing solid games pre and post flop, only to call wild all ins with nothing out of the blue, and miles behind in equity stakes, only to smash the runner runners every time, at which point they leave the tables also list of site 'shills' including Lambert'I'm easily good enough to beat the players at these stakes even though most of my bankroll comprises jammy all in satellite wins which sky handed to me to swamp their forums with my pro-sky propaganda, but i've only won about 0.00001BB/100 since being here but i am better than everyone, honest'180, IDONKILLITERACY, and pretty much anyone you see on TV winning. the biggest sky player is style2737, who is paid to play on sky and to take rake, but also has to hand a big portion of his profits to them in exchange for a salary i'll get laughed at for this post but i have the data to back it up PM me and i'll link you to my personal site anyway, adios, and good luck to all you 'regs' who love having sky in and around your mouths on a nightly basis - me? i'ma go play with a real deck of cards so i can't be stolen from anymore
      Posted by smitalol

If you have this info, and it's legit, submit it to the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (the group with whom Sky run it's licence from, correct me if I'm wrong) who will, I'm sure, find no faults with your findings and immediately shut Sky down as it looks incredibly bad for them to allow a rigged poker site to continue trading. 

If the site is still running a week from now, I'll assume your findings are baloney, coincidental, or unproven.

• edited January 2013
      Bet turn bigger and go for an overbet on the river