You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Tikay: the official show thread + competition

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Some suggestions from me, off the top of my head...

Best Improvement On The Site:
Late Reg

Most Incredibly Unfortunate Episode:
GregHogg finishing 11th out of a field of thousands, one off a once-in-a-lifetime prize. Sorry Greg. Again.

Best Suntan:
No contest. Carlo Citrone.

Best guest on Sky Poker TV:
Neil Channing

Lifetime Achievement Award:
Tikay. But only because he's old and that's the award they always give to the oldies.

Feel free to make up your own categories! Positive/genuine big-ups, or friendly mickey-taking ones only please. No moany ones thanks!

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hello all,

So, we've been doing shows together since 2006 and here comes our first show together of 2013. You're right, I can't shake him.

It's me and Tikay.

And here's your show:

7pm: Live Mastercash table coverage

8pm: Ask The Expert: please send those questions in plus hands to be covered up and played from your perspective!

9pm: Sky Poker School: tonight's topic...Set-mining, playing small pocket pairs

10pm: Sky Poker Highlights: coverage of the 8pm £6K Turbo: tonight's main event

11pm: Rapid-fire coverage from the live Mastercash tables

Plus, since it's awards season with the Oscars, Brits, BAFTAs, Golden Globes etc- let's hand out some mock ones. It's...

The Sky Poker Awards

Fire out as many suggestions as you like  and I'll get the ball rolling below to give you an idea.

4 of you will get freerolled into Thursday's mini bounty hunter and everyone's answers will get read out on the show!

For all your messaging needs you can use this thread, email skyopen@bskyb.com, or Tweet #skypokertv

Good luck and see you all on tonight at 7pm- Channel 861 or streamed on this very site!
  • edited January 2013
    BEST Interveiw on sky.

Rich interveiwing Tikay in his country gardens with his mansion in the background.

BEST Manbag.

Tikay's in the same interveiw.

BEST Tie.

Any one of Tikay's mulltitude.

BEST Liar award 

Rusty_Ring.

• edited January 2013
    Best Showman ----David Harvey!

Best in show Dog------Hit Pup

Best Team Award-------- THS
  • edited January 2013
    Hand number 612463889 from the primo.  Did I make the right long term decision on the river against an oppo who was running good?

Funniest moment on sky poker.  Carlo commentating on jimmynolegs play

Best catchphrase. A tie between Richards Pokertainment and Annas where did I leave my shoes again?

Best shirt worn at an SPT.  Me for my Friday night number.  A very tasteful hawiian number

Most improved player.  Greghogg

The TommyD award for most hands shown on the TV tables.  For the fourth year running, TommyD.

Run well everyone and have fun out there
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Tuesday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Tikay: the official show thread + competition:
    Hello all, So, we've been doing shows tog ether since 200 6 and here comes our irst show together of 2013. You're right, I can't shake him. It's me and Tikay. Full details for this Tuesday night's LIVE show on Sky Poker TV will be added here when I get them . But as ever, I'll have 4 seats into an 8.15pm mini event to give away and they'll go to the best viewer input of the night. It could go to good hand requests (send in those Primo and Mastercash hand ids into us) and/or my favourite answers to this: It's awards season with the O scars, Brits, BAFTA s, Golden Glo bes etc- so let's hand out some mock ones. It' s... The S k y Poker Awards Fire out as many sugg estions a s you like. I'll get the ball rolling below to give you an idea. 4 of you will get freerolled into a forthc oming mini MTT and everyone's answers will get read out on the show! For all your messaging needs you can use this thread, email  skyopen@bskyb.com , or Tweet #skypokertv Good luck and see you all on Tuesday at 7pm- Channel 861 or streamed on this very site!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Please!

I think, Mr Orford, you mean "tikay & I" or "tikay & myself".

"me & tikay", sheesh.

What do they teach at school these days?

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Tikay: the official show thread + competition:
    In Response to Tuesday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Tikay: the official show thread + competition : Please! I think, Mr Orford, you mean "tikay & I" or "tikay & myself". "me & tikay", sheesh. What do they teach at school these days?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ha! I knew that would annoy you!

Best person to wind up:
    Tikay
  • edited January 2013
    Best Corpse: James Hartigan talks (tries to) about Monkey Sailors
    Best Pyjamas: Anna Fowler
    Best NFL Team: 49ers (not poker related but just has to be said)
    Best community event: Monday night DTDs
    Fashion award: Tikay's ever changing ties.
    Worst badbeat ever: every poker player that ever played (come on, admit it)
    Best alias: Tie between Evilpingu and Lolufold
  • edited January 2013
    Funniest Guest

Sam Razavi last thursday, some comedy gold and very funny little digs at Carlo
  • edited January 2013
    Nice posts.

Keep them coming- the best 4 win seats into the mini bounty hunter on Thursday night!
  • edited January 2013
    biggest killer hand- the quad kings that lost to royal flush

Best micro stakesplayer- tintin

The nastiest card-river card

lastly, the i'm always right award goes to- TK who i would say is quickest to point out what was wrong with hands that get posted.
  • edited January 2013
    Most Modest player = idonkcallu
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    Was it a professional snowball thrower?

• edited January 2013
    was it tikay attempting to do boxing lol
  • edited January 2013
    evening both hope you are well

it looked like john inman throwing a netball

but guess it was meant to be colin kapernick the 49'ers star q back 

the tattoos were the giveaway
  • edited January 2013
    Tikay was throwing like Tim Teebo.  Dead ringer for his style.  The jackpot is 990000 pennies.  Next monday it will be a million pennies!
  • edited January 2013
    can u tell the old man to zip it.
  • edited January 2013
    Was the dartist Bobby George?
  • edited January 2013
    As Tikay's clues are so easy, it's a rugby player, but the throwing of the baby has me stumped.
  • edited January 2013

THE SKY POKER AWARDS.

The best joint community contribution...

The chuckle brothers (Michael & Chris) for running the weekly DTD. Feel free to explain and plug this as it is going from strength to strength each week.

The lets start a thread to start a thread award....

IDONKCALLU

The best pair on Sky channel 861....

Anna Fowler....

The lifelong acheivement award...

Richard Orford (for supporting WBA)

The special Ace Barry award....

All the players who we have unfortunately lost over the last year.

And finally........

The date we are all waiting for award....

Tied with the SPT date release and resizable tables.

Good luck Bradford City tonight BTW....ish.

• edited January 2013
    Can u show this from the £33 bounty hunter last nite

I really didnt know what to do on the turn as i think the turn card is the worst card in the deck i hate to get married to tptk and lose alot of chips anyway thoughts please

• edited January 2013
    Hi both I'm am very new to sky poker and will be starting to play next month when I have some free time. I have 2 controversial questions that I want to ask the first being. Do you think skypoker will ever have a multi buy in tournament I think this is a really good structure and would induce players of all level and hopefully you would get to see some great and some not so great poker lol. And secondly do you think skypoker will ever be available on iPad like sky Vegas. Ps would love a free tourney entry. 
  • edited January 2013
    Can I hold sky poker liable if this cash champ ends me?  :-)

Just wondering if there's any way in the future of getting to vegas through sky?  I realise the site and events are largely based in the UK.  But, with all this snow I'm in some serious need of Vegas pool parties.  Tell me theres a chance us sky players can get to see Tekay in his budgie smugglers!

Keep up the good works guys,

James
  • edited January 2013
    worst owner of a football club award mike ashley
  • edited January 2013
    lol loved the knackers comment Rich
  • edited January 2013

good to see maxally also suggesting community award for dtds (like i did first :p)

the dtds are great fun, even for a usual micro stakes sng player like me, learn alot and cheap entertainment.

still trying for my first ft but soon, soon...

any promotion for these is well deserved.

• edited January 2013
    because of how rare a set is what would the odds be of two consecutive set of twos
  • edited January 2013

the reason i asked the question was i hit a set of twos then my next hand on that same table was again pocket twos i was thinking of just folding but decided to make the call and hit the third two again and even the 3rd hand in a row was pocket twos although i did miss the set that time

• edited January 2013
    Thanks for the free entry on Sunday night Rich. Just bust the mini. My AK v A9 v QJ aipf and the A9 takes it! The joys of poker! If the best hand held up that freebie could have turned into some cash. Thanks again.
  • edited January 2013
    Did Richard get called Orville at school as he didn't like cuddles?