You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I've got a feeling...

...that tonight's gonna be a good night!

This may well be the first time the Black Eyed Peas have been quoted on this forum.  This evening, it's the last time (for a while) that Sarah and I will be hosting Primo.  Next month, we'll be looking after the various pre-recorded shows on a Wednesday.  Anyway, I digest...

The Primo is a £33 buy-in NLHE affair with a guaranteed prize pool of £15,000.  Every player starts with 2,000 chips and the blinds go up every 12 minutes.

It begins at 8pm.  As does the TV extravaganza on Sky channel 865.

This is the place to post your questions and hand requests during the tournament...

Enjoy!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    that bit of white fluff on your chin james ,

mmmmm i am  sure you are the sky santa ?

gl tonight
  • edited November 2009
    good luck with the show James and try not to show a hand where i play like a complete donk. It would have to be in the first half hour though!!!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    good luck with the show james ps witch hand that jaegerbomb  he will have that many to choose from lol only joking
  • edited November 2009
    That tonights show will be a corker, no lose calls, but bet and raise and reraise ;)
    , good luck Sarah and James
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: I've got a feeling...:
    good luck with the show james ps witch hand that jaegerbomb  he will have that many to choose from lol only joking
    Posted by scrumdown
    lol very true. Talking of "witches" i'm currently working on a new thread, all will be revealed tomoro. Sunday is Everton day. good luck in Primo yourself
  • edited November 2009
    HI JAMES A QUICK QUESTION FOR YOU,WHAT IS WRONG WITH PLAYING THE ODD 3 5 OR 4 6 IN A CASH GAME EVEN IF A RAISER HAS BETTED 5XBB,IVE FOUND THAT OCCASIONALLY THIS MOVE CAN BE VERY PROFITABLE.OK YOU CANT PLAY EVERY HAND BUT I THINK IT MIXES IT UP A BIT AND IF YOU WIN AND SHOW THIS IT CAN CONFUSE PLAYERS TO YOUR HAND PLAYING RANGE.ONLY ASKING BECAUSE IT SEEMS TO VENT RAGE IN THE CHATBOX FROM THE OTHERS WHEN THIS IS DONE.dav1964
  • edited November 2009

Hi James,

I just wanted to congratulate you on your performance in TKO, for Rich Orford's Team, on Tuesday.

Good luck tonight. You get Sarah Champion, I get Orford. Do I run bad, or do I run bad?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to I've got a feeling...:
    ...that tonight's gonna be a good night! This may well be the first time the Black Eyed Peas have been quoted on this forum.......
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Not sure, there was that time a few weeks back where Tikay said

I like that boom boom pow
    Them chickens jackin' my style
    They try copy my swagger
    I'm on that next s**t now

I'm so 3008
    You so 2000 and late
    I got that boom, boom, boom
    That future boom, boom, boom
    Let me get it now

Boom boom boom, gotta get-get

Boom boom boom, now
    Boom boom boom, now
    Boom boom pow
    Boom boom pow

• edited November 2009
    In Response to I've got a feeling... : Not sure, there was that time a few weeks back where Tikay said I like that boom boom pow Them chickens jackin' my style They try copy my swagger I'm on that next s**t now I'm so 3008 You so 2000 and late I got that boom, boom, boom That future boom, boom, boom Let me get it now Boom boom boom, gotta get-get Boom boom boom, gotta get-get Boom boom boom, gotta get-get Boom boom boom, gotta get-get Boom boom boom, now Boom boom boom, now Boom boom pow Boom boom pow
    Posted by diablo_pez
    I Gotta Feeling you are right.

The E.N.D.
  • edited November 2009
    Ninja bounce!

Questions and hand requests, s'il vous plait...
  • edited November 2009
    I would like to ask you James how you managed to get a job working with the lovely Michelle Orpe on EPT season 6 and the lovely SarahC on Sky , you lucky ......

Have a great show

Solar
  • edited November 2009

Hi James,

I'm just writing to ask, you mentioned hand requests in one of ur msgs here....

Are they just from the primo? or will you be covering hands from cash tables?

Have a hand id like to be evaluated, and one particular issue regarding bet size and position and the relationship between the 2.

Posted it on the site already so if you cant cover it on a show wud appreciate ur thoughts on that particular issue.

Cheerz, DOHH

• edited November 2009
    good luck with the show James/Sarah. I've just satellited into the primo, so will be my first time playing it for a while.
  • edited November 2009

Hi James......i gotta feeling........THIS THREAD IS IN THE WRONG SECTION!!!!.....have you not seen the NEW 'tournament' forum??????
  • edited November 2009

Hi again james, wud love you to look at this hand.

Hand History #210349033 (18:30 29/11/2009) - Audenshaw

Issue - Raising in the cut off.

Im fed up of raising in the cut off and being flat called on the button! Im trying to buy it most of the time. Is there a case for making a standard raise at every other position in the table, other than the blinds, but in one particular place making the size of the raise different every time? eg 5 x bb in the cutoff rather than 4?

Thanx, DOHH

edit - player name, DOHHHHHHH

please mention my question as well as the hand, thats the point i want help with, thanks.

• edited November 2009

Just to even it up....please show this one! lol - will cheer everyone  up ;)

Hand History #210418003 - Audenshaw!

• edited November 2009

And one for all the aggression doubters out there ;)

Hand History #210428781 (21:26 29/11/2009)

DOHHHHHHH
  • edited November 2009

I gather my hands arent gonna get shown, but could you ask James.....

In a cash game, I normally make my pre flop raise 4 x bb. However, I raise more often in the cut off than in early pos. Ive noticed im getting called more  and more often on the button which im trying to buy!

Is there an argument for making my usually standard, consistant raise amount, MORE, in one particular position, wether im raising with AA or 23 suited?

I dont normally mix my raises up pre flop in cash games, but am considering doing this!

DOHH
  • edited November 2009

Dohhhhhhh,

You have Posted your SIGN-IN NAME above. Unless it's a curve-ball, I don't think that's terribly wise.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to I've got a feeling...:
    This may well be the first time the Black Eyed Peas have been quoted on this fourm.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Have you not seen Lisa and Sarah's humps, their humps, their lovely lady bumps? Check 'em out....
  • edited November 2009
    So are you calling Sarah and I Bactrians or Dromedaries then Rich? Hmmmm?!!

Or just commenting on our dress sizes.. Think very carefully before answering this..

;)
  • edited November 2009
    So are you calling Sarah and I Bactrians or Dromedaries then Rich? Hmmmm?!! Or just commenting on our dress sizes.. Think very carefully before answering this.. ;)
    Posted by LML
  • edited November 2009
    .....still thinking...
  • edited November 2009

Nice shirt Rich, lol.
  • edited December 2009
    good luck with the show Sara/James hope all goes well