You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Session Recording

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey,

I don't know about anyone else but I hate going through Hand Histories using the HH interface it makes it such a tedious chore I find. So I've started video recording my sessions, just downloaded a free (GPL Licensed) piece of software called CamStudio. You can record a region or your entire screen.
I only tested it quickly and it seems it'll do what I want but I don't know if the video file sizes will get too rediculously large for recording sessions that go on for hours on end.
Just wondered if anyone else did a similar thing and if so what software you use to do it?

Thanks,
J

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I used cam studio for abit but it felt kinda cheap - a better program I'd recommend is Microsoft Expression Encoder. 
    Youtube is your friend to get this, and you can also search for a quick tutorial on how to use the program which helps.

The file sizes do get big, so the trick is to record as little of your screen as possible. You could always buy an external hard drive for around £40 and up on amazon/wherever...  then just transfer those large videos onto it & avoid clogging up your comp/laptop :)

watching yourself play is weird aint it!
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks for the info.

Yeah watching yourself play is a bit strange but I find it so much easier of post session evalutation which I need to get in the habbit of doing to keep improving my game, and I just get bored too quickly trawling through the Hand Histories on here.
    An additional benefit could be recording my thought process by speaking it out loud as I play as undoubtedly you run into the question "Why the flip did I play the hand like that!?" But I hate the sound of my recorded voice so maybe not :P Ha!